||Earlier airings: Monday, August 28, 2000 (Nickelodeon)|
Current airings: Monday, October 23, 2000 (Nickelodeon)
Tuesday, June 5, 2001 (VHS)
Tuesday, October 7, 2003 (DVD)
is the 11th
episode of Dora the Explorer
from Season 1.
Dora and Boots read a story about a Wizzle with four wishes. He already made a wish for ice cream, but the rest of his wishes get lost. They must help the wizzle recover his lost wishes and get him back home.
Dora and Boots read a story about a Wizzle called "The Wizzle and the Four Wishes". First, they get it out of Backpack. After that, they start reading. In the story, the Wizzle finds a bag of wishes. There were four in the bag. The Wizzle makes his first wish for ice cream. Then, the Wizzle wanted to make another wish but the remaining three wishes fly out of the bag. The wizzle came out of the book when it was trying to catch the other three wishes, separating him from his parents. Dora and Boots do all they can to help Wizzle get home by asking Map. The Map says they have to go past a flowery garden, past a nutty forest and then they have to get up to a wishing well. When Dora, Boots, and Wizzle got to the flowery garden, they find Isa. Dora, Boots, and Wizzle try to catch the first wish, but Isa gets it first and wishes for her sunflower to grow. The foursome got onto the flower. Dora, Boots, Wizzle, and Isa climbed down. After that, Dora, Boots, and Wizzle exit the Flowery Garden and got going to the Nutty Forest. Dora, Boots, and Wizzle finds a wish on a nutty bush. Tico makes a wish for nuts. Suddenly, some nuts hit Tico's head. Boots tries to tell Tico to watch out, but does not respond, as Tico speaks Spanish, getting them to tell him "cuidado" to dodge the nuts instead. Soon after, Dora, Boots, and Wizzle exit the Nutty Forest. Now, Dora, Boots, and Wizzle have to figure out how to climb up to the top of the hill and up to the wishing well. They use the stepping stones that were shaped like squares, six of which were missing. The empty slots get filled in making a complete stepping stone path for Dora, Boots and Wizzle to use to climb up to the hill and get to the wishing well. Dora catches the wish and now they have to get the Wizzle book. After getting it from Backpack, they heard Swiper the fox. Dora, Boots, and Wizzle stop Swiper from trying to swipe the last wish. After that, the last wish escapes from the book and comes to the viewer at home. He or she then catches the last wish and wishes the Wizzle back home with Dora and Boots. Wizzle then jumps back into the book and reunites with his parents.
Places in this episode
- Flowery Garden
- Nutty Forest
- Wishing Well
Items in Backpack (clockwise starting from the top right)
- Yellow book with a star (correct item)
- Green book with a triangle
- Purple book with a rhombus
- Red book with a circle
- Blue book with a square
- Orange book with a rectangle
This episode can be found on the VHS tape Wish on a Star and the DVD titles Meet Diego! and Dora's Big Birthday Adventure.
- Aside from the credits of the previous episode, this is the first episode that introduces the Wizzle and its species.
- This is the 11th episode of the show.
- This is the first episode to find Señor Tucán.
- This is the first episode where Isa is light green instead of dark green.
- Benny doesn't appear in this episode.
- This is the second episode the Fiesta Trio don't jump out and shout out the place after Dora and Boots ask "Where are we going?" during the "Travel Song". Instead, Wizzle said it.
- This was the first episode to be written by Chris Gifford.
- When Dora and Boots ask the viewer to say "Map!", Dora does not say "Louder!", she instead says "I think you have to say it again!".
- Map's dancing is recycled from Hic-Boom-Ohhh!.
- iTunes lists this episode as "WizzleWishes". There is no space between "Wizzle" and "Wishes".
- When Backpack was checked the second time, the same books from the first segment switched positions.
- Boots mentions that Swiper will swipe the last wish. However, it is unknown what he would actually swipe when he appeared. It could either be the book, the last wish, or even both of them.
- Luckily, they stopped him anyway.