|Whose Birthday is It?|
|Airdate||Monday, May 26, 2003|
|Written by|| Chris Gifford|
|Directed by||Sherie Pollack|
|Next||The Lost City|
It's somebody's birthday today. Dora & Boots don’t know whose it is, so they follow a mysterious birthday balloon to Play Park and find out.
Dora & Boots saw a balloon in the sky. It was a birthday balloon. It represents someone's birthday. Dora & Boots weren't sure whose birthday it was. It wasn't Dora's birthday nor Boots' birthday, nor Map's birthday nor Backpack's birthday. So, Dora and Boots follow the birthday balloon to find out. The birthday balloon goes out of sight and it caused Dora & Boots to wonder it went. They ask Map for assistance and he says the Birthday Balloon is going to Play Park. But before they can get there, they have to go over cupcake mountain, and across sneezing snake lake. Dora & Boots follow the direction of the Birthday Balloon and then they heard the sound of a party blower. Tico was blowing the party blower. They play a listening game to find him. Dora & Boots heard a xylophone sound, a party blower sound, a mariachi sound and a conch shell sound. Boots thought Tico was behind the rock but it was a capybara brushing on the mariachi. The viewer tells them that Tico was in the tree. Once they found Tico they saw an armadillo playing the xylophone and the anteater blowing the conch shell. Dora & Boots asked Tico if it was his birthday. Tico said it wasn't his birthday. So, they followed the birthday balloon to find out. Dora, Boots and Tico reached Cupcake Mountain. They used the elevators to get up to the top of the mountain. Dora, Boots and Tico had to ride on 3 elevators to completely reach the top. After that they saw cupcakes on bushes. There were vanilla, chocolate and tutti-fruitti cupcakes. They took a bite on the cupcakes. After their cupcake snack, Dora, Boots and Tico used a tram to get down Cupcake Mountain. After reaching the bottom, they get out and start walking on the path. They find Isa in a party hat. Dora and Boots asked Isa if it was her birthday. Isa said it was not her birthday and Dora still wonders whose birthday it is. Dora, Boots, Tico and Isa approached Sneezing Snake Lake. Just then a log boat comes out of hiding and parks on the edge of the dock. They had to put on life jackets to ride on Sneezing Snake Lake. Tico turns his vest into a life jacket but Dora, Boots and Isa need life jackets of their own. They get them from Backpack. Everybody gets on the log boat. Dora gets in the driver seat and starts driving the boat. The log boat stops and there were sneezing snakes. Dora needed help from the viewer to drive the log boat to get away from the sneezing snakes. Dora drives the log boat and there was 1 snake on the left side. Dora steers the boat to the right. There were 2 snakes on the right side and Dora steers the boat to the left. There were 3 snakes on the left and Dora steers the boat to the right and then stops the log boat by the dock so that she and her friends can get out. After driving the log boat and avoiding the sneezing snakes at Sneezing Snake Lake, Dora, Boots, Isa and Tico saw Benny on his bike. It was decorated with party streamers. They asked Benny if it was his birthday but it wasn't. So, they still had to go to Play Park to find out whose birthday it is. Play Park was at the top of the hill. Suddenly, the ground shakes. It was Big Red Chicken. Isa noticed Big Red Chicken was all dressed up. Dora asked Big Red Chicken if it was his birthday. He said that it's not his birthday but couldn't wait to get to the party to find out whose birthday it is. Big Red Chicken gave Dora, Boots, Benny, Isa and Tico a ride on his back and in no time they got up to Play Park. The Birthday Balloon was coming towards Play Park. Dora explained to the viewer that the Birthday Balloon will show the viewer whose birthday it is. As Dora, Boots, and their friends kept repeating the question "Whose Birthday is It?" to the viewer four times, the Birthday Balloon slowly turns around and reveals a picture of Swiper the fox. After that, Dora, Boots, and their friends had to call out to Swiper. Sure enough, Swiper appears at the top of a slide. Swiper gets on the slide and slides down to the ground. Dora asks Swiper to make sure that it was his birthday and it was. Swiper had to pull the string on the Birthday Balloon to start the party. He did so and then the Birthday Balloon popped open and there was goody bags, presents, confetti and a birthday cake with Swiper's picture on it. Dora realized that Play Park turned into Party Park. Then, they all sang "Happy Birthday" to Swiper. After that, Swiper blew out the candles.
Places in episode
Listen to the sounds
- Armadillo playing a xylophone in the bush
- Tico blowing his party blowers in the tree
- Anteater blowing a conch shell in the flower bush
- Capybara playing the mariachi in the rock
- This was also a personalized version of this episode made by Kideo, where a kid (depending on a copy) has a birthday party instead of Swiper.
- This is the first episode the birthday balloon is seen. It appears again in Dora's Big Birthday Adventure.
- Dora and Boots only sing the Travel Song once because the other 2 times on the way to Play Park, they don't sing it again, they immediately run to the places and they run into their friends on the way asking them if it’s one of their birthday.
- Swiper is on his good side in this episode without any swiping since it’s his birthday.
- Even though it's Swiper's birthday, he doesn't say how old he is or what age he's turning.
- The book uses the same title seen here.
- After Map tells the viewer what places Dora and Boots have to go, he doesn't say "so you tell Dora", he instead says "so remember". This is supposed to be the only Season 2 episode in which he says that but in The Lost City, which is the next episode after this, he says "so remember" as well instead of "so you tell Dora", due to it being aired as a Season 2 episode but produced as a Season 3 episode.
- The birthday balloon will later appear in Dora's Big Birthday Adventure, but it is purple and has Dora's picture on it. The birthday balloon in this episode is yellow with Swiper's picture on it.
- This episode aired on Memorial Day 2003.
- The restored version of this episode begins with the Season 3-4 opening sequence of the Dora The Explorer Theme Song with the Explorer Stars and Dora and Boots swinging on a vine instead of the Season 1-2 version of theme song with 2 doors opening, entering a room and zooming into the green computer. (the same problem occurs with the episode after it, The Lost City)
- When Map sings his final line of I'm The Map, he does not close his eyes while looking at the viewer.
Azul the Train
|Dora the Explorer Season 2|
|The Big Storm | The Magic Stick | The Missing Piece | Rojo the Fire Truck | Lost Squeaky | Doctor Dora | The Golden Explorers | El Día De Las Madres | Lost Map | Pinto, the Pony Express | The Big Piñata | The Happy Old Troll | Super Map! | Click! | ¡Rápido, Tico! | A Present For Santa | A Letter for Swiper | Dora, La Músico | Egg Hunt | Super Spies | To the Monkey Bars | Hide and Go Seek | School Pet | Quack! Quack! | Whose Birthday is It? | The Lost City | León, the Circus Lion|