|We're a Team!|
|Airdate||Friday, May 20, 2005 (Nickelodeon)|
Tuesday, August 15, 2006 (VHS and DVD)
|Written by||Chris Gifford|
|Directed by||George Chialtas|
|Previous||Dora's Got a Puppy|
|Next||Super Spies 2: The Swiping Machine|
We're a Team! (also known as We're the Best Team Ever!) is the 12th episode of Dora the Explorer from Season 4.
- Fiesta Trio
- Val the Octopus
- Grumpy Old Troll
- Big Red Chicken
Dora, Boots, Benny, Isa, and Tico have to work as a team to make it through the super adventure race. They have to make it across the Troll's tricky bridge, past the volcano filled with gooey balls, and over the big wall. But the team needs the viewer's help!
Dora and her friends participate in the super adventure race. They have to race against the clock and climb all the way up the big wall at the end of super adventure race. Isa couldn't get across the troll bridge by herself, Swiper stops Boots at the volcano, and Benny can't climb up the wall because it was too tall. But Dora and her friends are gonna work together to finish the super adventure race. Val the octopus tells Dora, Boots, Benny, Isa, and Tico that they have 20 minutes to finish the super adventure race. She starts the clock and off they went. Map tells them that they had to go over the troll bridge, past the volcano, and climb over the big wall to finish the super adventure race. Dora and her friends search for the troll bridge but they couldn't see it. Suddenly, Dora gets lifted off the ground. Benny lifted Dora off the ground and can now see the troll bridge. Dora knew a team cheer that can help them finish the super adventure race. Boots was great at swinging on vines, Tico was great at being brave, he scares a dragon, Isa's great at climbing and is smart, Benny is great at being strong, Backpack can carry lots of things, Map knows the best way to go, and Dora's help will get them through. Dora, Boots, Benny, Isa, and Tico reach the troll bridge. Mr. Troll is going to make his bridge extra hard for them to get across. Mr. Troll pushes a button on the remote and made the bridge disappear and then 6 vines lowered down. He said that the bridge can only be fixed if they know their numbers. They have to find vine #2, #4, and #6. Boots was great at swinging on vines. Isa wanted to help too because she's smart and great at numbers. The viewer finds vine #2. Boots grabs vine #2 and vine #1 falls off. The viewer finds vine #4. Boots grabs vine #4 and vine #3 falls off. But as Boots grabs vine #5, it falls off and for some reason Boots doesn't fall down but he grabs vine #6. After that, the bridge gets fixed. Everybody goes across the troll bridge. Mr. Troll was impressed and wished Dora, Boots, Benny, Isa, and Tico good luck getting through the super adventure race. The Fiesta Trio stand on the troll bridge as they play their fanfare, they get interrupted when the bridge disappears, The Fiesta Trio fall but then they play the fanfare tune all the way through as they fly using propellers. Now, Dora and her team had to find the volcano. Suddenly, Boots, Isa, and Tico get lifted off the ground at the same time. Benny was the one who lifted them up and now Boots, Isa, and Tico can now see the volcano. Dora does the team cheer again. Tico scared a dragon last time they did the cheer, but this time, he scares a bear. After the team cheer, Dora, Boots, Benny, Isa, and Tico saw Big Red Chicken. They wondered where the volcano was, Big Red Chicken looks around and went "Oops!". Then he steps over to the side to reveal the volcano. Big Red Chicken said that to get past the volcano, they have to open a gate. But before they can open the gate, they have to catch green balls that will come out of the volcano. Backpack was great at holding lots of stuff. After the flash of light occurs, Backpack was so excited to help the team. She's ready to catch the green balls. But Backpack had to be careful with other things that will come out of the volcano. Backpack had to be careful that she doesn't catch anything that's filled with goo. There was blue and red goo. But Backpack managed to catch the green balls that came out of the volcano. After catching all the green balls, they have to empty Dora's Backpack filled with green balls into the red bucket. Suddenly, the ground shakes, Dora loses her grip and lets go of Backpack. She. bounced up and gets stuck in the tree. Tico climbs up and rescues Backpack from the tree. But as Tico makes his way down, Swiper's whisking noise was heard. Swiper comes out of hiding from behind a bush. Tico stops Swiper by saying "Swiper no Swiping" 3 times and then tells him "zorro antipático" (which means "unfriendly fox" in Spanish). Swiper snaps his fingers and then said in a positive manner, "brave squirrel!" to Tico. After stopping Swiper, the ground starts to shake which caused everybody else to shake. The volcano was going to go kaboom. Dora and her team return to the gate and put all the green balls into the bucket. As a green ball lands in the bucket, it gets a little heavier. The heavier the bucket, the more the gate will open. Backpack caught 10 green balls which was enough to open the gate all the way up. Dora, Boots, Benny, Isa, and Tico had to retreat by getting past the gate. Blue and red goo splashed on the path. Dora, Boots, Benny, Isa, and Tico were almost through the super adventure race. All they had to do is climb up the big wall. But as they approached to the big wall, a giant rock gets in their way. Benny tries to lift the giant rock out of the way. It was really heavy and he needed someone really strong, Benny asks the viewer if they were really strong and together Benny and the viewer lifted the giant rock together. After lifting the giant rock out of the way, Dora and her team had to climb up the wall using the rope. Benny couldn't do it and says they should go on without him. Dora didn't wanna leave Benny out and told him that they were a team and that Dora, Boots, Isa, and Tico will climb with Benny up the big wall. They cheer for Benny to show self-esteem. Dora, Boots, Benny, Isa, and Tico had to climb up the wall fast because they didn't have much time. They began to climb and then when they got to the top of the wall, they had only five seconds left to break the tape at the finish line. They counted down as they raced to the finish line. They broke the tape and finished the super adventure race with only one second to go. Val the Octopus gave out six medals. She gives one to Benny, Isa, Tico, Boots, Dora, and to the viewer at home. After receiving the medals, there was something written on the medals. It said, "When we work together as a team, there's nothing we can't do, 'cause being on a team means you help me and I help you." The episode ends with Dora and her friends shouting their "We're a Team" chant.
Places in this episode
- Troll Bridge
- Big Wall
Items in Backpack during the Team Cheer (clockwise starting from the top right)
- Water bottle
- Air pump
- Sticky Tape
- This episode seems similar to the Season 2 episode The Golden Explorers, but this episode is about racing.
- Dora, Boots, Benny, Isa, and Tico wear yellow shirts with blue edging, similar to their soccer uniforms from the aforementioned episode, but without numbers on the shirts.
- In the beginning, Isa could never cross the troll bridge; Swiper stops Boots at the volcano; Benny says he couldn't make it over the big wall.
- The gong sound effect is heard when the balls come out of the volcano.
- This is the 13th episode for Grumpy Old Troll.
- This is the 12th time for Dora and Boots to go over the troll bridge.
- This is the second time where Benny and Tico go over the troll bridge and the first time where Isa does so.
- This is the second episode where Tico stops Swiper alone (by speaking English), first being the episode "Beaches".
- In addition, Tico spoke English a lot in this episode: He stopped Swiper in English, saying "Phew! That was close!" with the cast, saying "Say Map!" with cast, and doing the "We're a Team!" chant with the cast.
- Swiper is technically on his good side in this episode when he is impressed to see Tico bravely stopping him alone.
- Dora, Boots, Benny, Isa, and Tico sit on the bleachers which are found in sports stadiums at the end of the episode.
- When Benny said that his favorite part was finally making it over the big wall, Dora admits to him that it was her favorite part too.
- At the beginning of the end credits, Map is finally white instead of blue.
- This also occurred in "Lost Map".
- This is the 88th episode of the show.
- This episode premiered on VHS and DVD with the same name.
- Dora, Boots, Benny, Isa, and Tico don't sing the Travel Song in this episode because it is not a song meant for the race. However, Dora had the idea to do a cheer that can help the team, so they sing the Team Cheer instead.
- This is the last episode to find Baby Blue Bird.
- This is the second episode in which the Fiesta Trio's fanfare got cut off, only this time, the Grumpy Old Troll cuts them off by making the bridge disappear. However, they used helicopter blades as the continued their fanfare. In Berry Hunt, they got cut off by a bear who chased after Dora and Boots as he’s trying to get the blueberries.
- This is the fifth episode where Grumpy Old Troll gives an instruction instead of a riddle, something that happened in To the Monkey Bars, Baseball Boots, The Super Silly Fiesta, and The Shy Rainbow.
- This is the tenth episode in which Backpack was not checked. However, she actually instead helps Dora and her friends collect the green balls from the Volcano.
- Map does not zoom wipe in his segment in this episode. However, he only zoom wipes during the Team Cheer when Dora and her team cheer for him.
- This is one of few episodes where either a recurring or minor character breaks the fourth wall. Instead of just five metals, Val the Octopus had an extra one for the viewer, making a total of six.
- On August 5, 2008, this episode aired as part of Nick Jr.'s Play-athlon Playdate.
- Dora and her team had twenty minutes to complete the Super Adventure Race, but it is unknown how the time went very quick. Possibly due to episode length.
- This is similar to when Little Monster had three hours to get to his Monster House in the episode Boo!, and the time went very quick, possibly the same reason why it happened in this episode.
- Unlike the aforementioned episode, the time taken between the start and the end of the race is slightly less than nineteen minutes instead of being three hours of action compressed into about twenty minutes.
- Dora was somehow able to slow down time after climbing the big wall and mentioning that there is five seconds to finish the race, the characters actually took a bit more than ten seconds to run to the finish line after climbing the big wall.
- It is unknown how Boots did not fall down after one of the vines fell off at the Troll Bridge. In real life, one could fall down if something falls off (although here it does not apply due to cartoon logic).
- iTunes lists this episode as "We're a Team". The exclamation mark is left out.
Baby Blue Bird