Treasure Island is the 7th episode of Dora the Explorer from Season 1.
- Fiesta Trio
- Pirate Parrot (debut)
- Pirate Pig (debut)
- Pirate Piggies (debut)
- Crocodiles (debut)
Dora and Boots go on a treasure hunt to find the pirate pigs' treasure.
The episode starts with Dora playing I spy. First she spied a monkey. The viewer found Boots. Then, Boots lands on Dora's head and she tickles him. Boots wants to play I spy too. He spied a Pirate Parrot. The viewer tells them that the parrot is on the tree branch. Pirate Parrot asks them if they were looking for the blue key. Dora and Boots asked Pirate Parrot what he means by that. He said that the blue key is the key to a big treasure chest. They wondered what’s in the chest, and Pirate Parrot said that it is definitely filled with gold. There is also toys, beads, chocolate cupcakes with pink icing, and stickers. First, they have to find the blue key that opens the treasure chest. After they found it, they asked Map where the treasure is. He tells them that it is at Treasure Island. But first, they have to go through the Lookout Tree, then across the Crocodile Lake, and then they should be able to find Treasure Island. First, they go to the Lookout Tree. Once they went past it they have to go across the icky sticky mud. To get across, they use a plank and walk very carefully. When they got to Crocodile Lake, Pirate Parrot offered them a ride on a pirate ship. At first, the crocodiles try to attack them, but Dora, Boots and Pirate Parrot sing "Grande, grande, grande" to the crocodiles so that they will not attack their ship, which the crocodiles later sing. The ship heads for Treasure Island, and Dora and Boots got out the blue key from Backpack. Then, they raced up to the top to meet up with Pirate Pig and his pirate piggy crew. They had to be careful with the blue key because Swiper could swipe it. Suddenly, they see Swiper in a purple cape and he swipes the key and hides it, but they were able to find the blue key. Once they got back, they had to go to the treasure chest. Pirate Pig told them that he buried the chest under one of the yellow stones. But to get there, they had to hop on the 8 red stone and then on 8 yellow stones. After that, Pirate Pig lifts up the yellow stone and they find an "X". They dug up a hole and sure enough, they found the treasure chest and they open it up. Inside the treasure chest was gold and lots of other kinds of treasures.
Places in this episode
Items in Backpack (clockwise starting from the top right)
Note: All of these items are blue.
- Blue spoon
- Blue crayon
- Blue rubber duck
- Blue key (correct item)
- Blue party hat
- Blue ball
- This episode marks the first appearance of the pirate pigs and Pirate Parrot
- This is the first episode to find Baby Blue Bird.
- The voices of Benny, Tico, and Isa appeared in the end credits, but they don't appear in this episode.
- A picture of Dora and Boots finding the pirate treasure, along with the pictures of them bringing Little Star home and locking the mean witch in Prince Ramon's magic ball, will later be seen in the Season 2 episode, "To the Monkey Bars".
- This is the 7th episode of the show.
- When Dora and Boots ride on Pirate Parrot's ship across Crocodile Lake getting to Treasure Island, they don't wear any lifejackets.
- Dora uses the picture pop-up sequence the third time looking for Treasure Island next even though that Dora and Boots are already on Treasure Island anyway so there's no need for Dora to ask the viewer where it is and the Blue Cursor clicking on it.
- Swiper comes out as a pirate with all the other Pirate Piggies when Dora and Boots arrive with the blue treasure key, also, he doesn't make his whisking sound since he's already seen, Dora just mentions him saying that the Pirate Pig needs to be careful making sure that he doesn't swipe the blue treasure key in which he does.
- It's unknown how Swiper and the Fiesta Trio got to Treasure Island. Swiper also somehow got there in the Season 3 episode Dora's Pirate Adventure.
- This episode is the first instance where Map changed his appearance to fit the episode theme (pirates). He does this again in other episodes, such as Rojo the Fire Truck, Pinto the Pony Express, Baseball Boots, To the South Pole, Journey to the Purple Planet, Boo!, Dora's Pirate Adventure, (same costume as this episode), The Super Silly Fiesta, Louder!, Catch the Babies and Super Spies 2: The Swiping Machine.
- Map does not say "So you tell Dora", he instead says "So here's what you tell Dora".
- The scene with Dora and Boots going to Treasure Island and Boots holding the blue key is used when Moose A. Moose says that Dora the Explorer coming up soon/next on Noggin from 2005-2008.
- At the beginning of the credits, Map is blue.
- It is unknown how Dora has a picture of the time she and Boots found the treasure in this episode which was shown in To the Monkey Bars when no one was seen taking the picture.
- When Dora and Boots are singing the Travel Song the first time, Boots is holding the blue key but when they run down the hill and Boots doing cartwheels, he's not holding the blue key but after that when Dora and Boots continue singing, he's holding the blue key again.
- It is unknown how cupcakes taste good after being buried in a treasure chest.
Baby Blue Bird
- Tuesday, October 31, 2000 (Latin America)
- Tuesday, November 7, 2000 (Portugal)
- Tuesday, February 6, 2001 (Spain)
- Monday, March 26, 2001 (Brazil)
|Dora the Explorer Season 1|
|The Legend of the Big Red Chicken | Lost and Found | Hic-Boom-Ohhh! | Beaches | We All Scream for Ice Cream | Choo-Choo! | Treasure Island | Three Little Piggies | Big River | Berry Hunt | Wizzle Wishes | Grandma's House | Surprise! | Sticky Tape | Bouncing Ball | Backpack! | Fish Out of Water | Bugga Bugga | Little Star | Dora Saves the Prince | El Coquí | The Chocolate Tree | Te Amo | Pablo's Flute | To The Treehouse | Call Me Mr. Riddles|