|To the Monkey Bars|
|Airdate||Monday, April 28, 2003|
|Written by|| Eric Weiner|
Enrico Vilbar Santana
|Directed by||Sherie Pollack|
|Next||Hide and Go Seek|
To the Monkey Bars (sometimes known as Yes, We Can!) is the 21st episode of Dora the Explorer from Season 2.
- Fiesta Trio
- Baby Blue-bird
- Big Red Chicken
- Grumpy Old Troll
- Pirate Pig (cameo in the book)
- Pirate Piggies (cameo in the book)
- Pirate Parrot (cameo in the book)
- Little Star (cameo in the book)
- Moon (cameo in the book)
- Prince Ramon (cameo in the book)
- Witch (cameo in the book)
Dora has tried and tried, but never conquered the monkey bars. If she wants to retry it, she'll have to prove it at Play Park.
Dora and Boots look at a photo album on past trips Dora took with Boots. The first picture was the time Dora & Boots found the buried treasure chest with the pirate pigs. The 2nd picture was the time they helped Little Star get home to the Moon. The 3rd picture was the time they saved Prince Ramon from a high tower and locked the mean witch in his magic ball and then the witch eventually turned nice. As they flipped another page, Boots saw the picture of Dora at Play Park. She was trying out the monkey bars. Boots thought Dora made it all the way across but the truth is she didn't make it all the way across. She tried and tried and tried but so far Dora just couldn't get all the way across the monkey bars. It was hard for her. Boots decides to help Dora get all the way across the monkey bars. So they asked Map to find the best way to Play Park. Map says that they had to cross the Troll Bridge go over windy hill to get to Play Park. Dora and Boots made it to the Troll Bridge. The Grumpy Old Troll wanted to see if Dora & Boots can touch their nose, touch their toes, reaching up high and tickling the sky. Dora and Boots did so touch their nose and their toes. They also reached up high and tickled the sky. Mr. Troll was impressed and lets them go over his bridge. Now Dora & Boots had to go over the windy hill. Suddenly, they saw Tico the squirrel. Tico had a camera. Dora walks on the path while Boots monkey bars his way across using the vines and then he lands on the path. Dora & Boots had a look at Tico's camera and it was a nice camera. Suddenly, they heard Swiper. Swiper appears inside a tree hole and swipes Tico's camera. But Tico climbs up the tree where Swiper hid the camera. Tico's camera has hanging on a branch up high. Tico climbs up some ladders and when he got the 3rd ladder, he gets his camera back. Tico climbs back down the ladders and runs down the tree with the camera in his hand. Dora & Boots continued on their trip to Play Park but first they had to go over the windy hill. A wind cloud blows and Dora & Boots had to get clothes to keep them warm. They check Backpack and had warm clothes for Dora & Boots. The blue arrow clicks on the purple jacket for Dora and the red jacket for Boots. Next the blue arrow clicked on Dora's 2 purple mittens and her purple hat. Now the blue arrow clicks on Boots' 2 red mittens and his red hat. Dora & Boots had their jackets and mittens on and their hats land on their heads. Now, they had to zip up their zippers. Dora & Boots stomped their way up the windy hill. When they got to the top, the wind cloud was impressed. They made it through his strongest wind. The wind cloud gave them a ride down by blowing Dora & Boots' tushes and they floated down and landed gently on the path. The Fiesta Trio fly a hang glider as they played their fanfare. Dora & Boots take off their warm clothes and put them all back inside Backpack. Dora & Boots were so close to getting to Play Park. It was on a giant grassy hill. Dora & Boots saw Pinto the Pony. They call out to Pinto and asked if they can have a ride up to Play Park. Pinto whinnies a "yes" to them. Dora & Boots climb onto Pinto's back and started riding him up to Play Park. Dora & Boots hoped their friends see Dora cross the monkey bars. They find Tico on the swing set, Benny in the sand box, Isa riding her scooter on the path, Big Red Chicken pushing Tico on the swing and Baby Blue-Bird sliding down the slide. Once Pinto got Dora & Boots up to Play Park, Boots made an announcement. He said that Dora is going to try to climb all the way across the monkey bars. The friends cheered for her. Tico is going to take Dora's picture on the monkey bars for her photo album. Dora was ready. First, she had to count how many bars there are on the monkey bars. As Dora counts each bar, it glows. There were 10 bars. Dora was all set to try to climb all the across the monkey bars. She reached her arms up high. Dora grabs the 1st bar with her left hand and counted to herself. Dora grabs the 1st bar with both hands, next she grabs the 2nd bar with both hands, she repeats the sequence on the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th bar. And after grabbing the 9th bar with both hands, she lets go of the 9th bar with her right hand and pauses for a second. But, she grabs the 10th and final bar with both hands and jumps back down to solid ground. Dora successfully crosses the monkey bars and all her friends cheer and celebrate! Tico takes the picture. Dora was so glad that she showed her confidence and conquered her way across the monkey bars.
Places in this episode
Items in Backpack (clockwise starting from the top right)
- Purple hat (one of the correct items)
- Green pair of mittens
- Purple pair of mittens (one of the correct items)
- Red jacket (one of the correct items)
- Red hat (one of the correct items)
- Yellow pair of mittens
- Red pair of mittens (one of the correct items)
- Purple jacket (one of the correct items)
- This episode has Dora and Boots sing 'Yes, We Can!", in which they sing the first two stanzas of the Travel Song's lyrics, they don't say "where are we going" because it's followed by them stomping their feet real hard and clapping their hands real loud. The last two stanzas of it are also featured in "Travel Song Medley".
- This is Dora and Boots' 6th instance (and the only Season 2 episode) going over the troll bridge and the 7th appearance for the Grumpy Old Troll.
- Grumpy Old Troll usually tells Dora and Boots to solve his riddles but gives an instruction to them instead. In this episode he makes them do exercises.
- Mr. Troll becomes more impressed with Dora and Boots from now on.
- This episode is very similar to the Go, Diego, Go! episode "Journey to Jaguar Mountain".
- Dora makes her way across the monkey bars a little faster while singing the last verses of the "We Did It" song and makes it all the way through when the song ended.
- This is the last episode until "León, the Circus Lion" in which Dora lists the places after all 3 pictures pop up.
- This is the only appearance of Dora's purple jacket and Boots' red jacket used for windy weather. The mittens of the same color from the previous episodes A Present For Santa and A Letter for Swiper, as well as a later Season 4 episode The Mixed-Up Seasons, and the hats will appear in that episode.
- When Dora says "You have to say Map!", the audio is taken from Wizzle Wishes.
- This is the 47th episode of the show.
- Dora and Boots sing Yes We Can! the second time, but they don't sing it after finding their second place and the Blue Cursor clicking on it.
- This is the second episode where Play Park is the final destination, first being The Happy Old Troll.
- This is Pinto's first time away from the west and his second appearance to date.
- This is also his last appearance for Season 2.
- Pinto will later appear in the episode "Dora's World Adventure!" at the Friendship Day party.
- The photos in the photo album are from these episodes (although no one was seen taking them in the episodes themselves):
- It is unknown how the pictures from Treasure Island, Little Star, and Dora Saves the Prince appeared if no one actually took the pictures onscreen.
- After looking through the photo album book, Dora put the book in her backpack, so it is unknown how the book was not one of the items in Backpack during her segment.
- Dora and Boots saying "Yes, We Can!" may be a reference to Bob the Builder, in which whenever he asks "Can we fix/build it?", he and the cast yell out "Yes, We Can!".
Grumpy Old Troll
|Dora the Explorer Season 2|
|The Big Storm | The Magic Stick | The Missing Piece | Rojo the Fire Truck | Lost Squeaky | Doctor Dora | The Golden Explorers | El Día De Las Madres | Lost Map | Pinto, the Pony Express | The Big Piñata | The Happy Old Troll | Super Map! | Click! | ¡Rápido, Tico! | A Present For Santa | A Letter for Swiper | Dora, La Músico | Egg Hunt | Super Spies | To the Monkey Bars | Hide and Go Seek | School Pet | Quack! Quack! | Whose Birthday is It? | The Lost City | León, the Circus Lion|