|Three Little Piggies|
|Airdate||Monday, September 4, 2000 (Nick Jr.)|
Tuesday, August 21, 2001 (VHS)
Tuesday, February 4, 2003 (DVD)
|Written by||Carin Greenberg Baker|
Karen Heathwood & Zac Moncrief
|Directed by||George Chialtas|
Three Little Piggies is the 8th episode of Dora the Explorer from Season 1.
- Fiesta Trio
- Benny (listed in credits)
- Isa (listed in credits)
- Three Little Piggies (debut)
Dora and Boots must rescue the three little piggies, who escaped from their pig pen.
Dora and Boots visit a farm with three little piggies. The pigs were affectionate to Dora and Boots, with the latter naming the smallest pig "Oinky." Dora and Boots then check Backpack for a gift to give the piggies: blue ribbons for each of them. Dora and Boots stop Swiper from swiping the blue ribbons, but the gate gets left open, causing the pigs to flee. Dora and Boots check the Map to see where the pigs are going. He tells them that one little pig went to the haystacks; one little pig went to the barn; and Oinky went "Wee-wee-wee-wee!" all the way to the apple tree. Dora and Boots went searching for the three little pigs. They listen to find the first little pig. After they found her, Boots tries to carry her, but she was too heavy, so he and Dora put her in a wagon. Then, it rolls on its own, down the hill, prompting Dora and Boots to shout "abre!" to Tico, causing him to quickly push the gate open. Then, Dora and Boots continued on their quest to find the second pig, who was somewhere in the barn. They had to play a listening game to find her. They heard a "moo" behind the tractor, an "oink-oink" behind the barrels, a "baa" behind the haystack, and a "quack-quack-quack" behind the trough. Boots thought the second pig was behind the haystack but he was wrong, it was actually the sheep. The viewer tells Dora and Boots that the second pig was behind the barrels. Sure enough, the second pig was found. So far, Dora and Boots found the first pig in the array of haystacks and the second pig in the barn. All they have to do now is find third pig named Oinky who went "wee-wee-wee-wee" all the way to the apple tree. En route to the apple tree, Dora and Boots could not get the wagon out of the mud, so the viewer at home helps the wagon get pulled out of the mud. They arrive at the apple tree, where Oinky was sitting on a branch eating apples and tossing them to the ground. The branch was about to break. After Dora gets a net from Backpack, she hurries over to the apple tree and catches him. After stopping Swiper once again, Dora and Boots take the three little pigs back home to their pig pen.
Places in this episode
Items in Backpack (clockwise starting from the top right)
- Purple ribbons
- Blue ribbons (correct items)
- Yellow ribbons
- Red ribbons
- Green ribbons
- Orange ribbons
- Net (correct item)
- Flower in a pot
- Soccer ball
Listen to the sounds
- Cow behind the tractor
- Pig behind the barrels
- Sheep behind the bale of hay
- Duck behind the trough
- This is the 3rd of 4 episodes to first premiere on DVD. This episode, Lost Map, Super Map!, and Lost and Found appeared on the first ever DVD, Map Adventures. It is also seen on the To the Rescue VHS tape.
- This is the 2nd episode where Dora and Boots stopped Swiper twice.
- This is one of few episodes in which Dora and Boots sing the places to go in the Travel Song at warp speed.
- This is the 8th episode of the show.
- Even though Dora and Boots sometimes lose at Swiper whenever he swipes things from them, he’s always saying "you're too late" to them but when Dora and Boots are singing We Did It!, they mention him saying he's is the one that is too late to swipe the ribbons, so they are technically stealing his catchphrase and saying he's too late trying to swipe the pigs' blue ribbons.
- This is the only episode written by Carin Greenberg Baker.
- When Dora asks the viewer what his or her favorite part was, she does not say "What was your favorite part of the trip?", she instead says "What was your favorite part of the day?". This happens again in The Golden Explorers.
- This is the first episode to find Map.
- The Fiesta Trio did not play their fanfare after finding the second pig at the barn.
- This is the first episode in which Dora and Boots have the same favorite parts.
- This episode aired on Labor Day 2000.
- This is the first episode in which Dora and Boots go back to where they have started after reaching the final destination on the map, something that will happen again in "Big River", "Berry Hunt", "The Chocolate Tree", "El Día De Las Madres", "Click!", "A Present for Santa", "School Pet", "Save the Puppies!", "What Happens Next?" "Journey to the Purple Planet", "Dora's Pirate Adventure", "Boots' Cuddly Dinosaur", "Dora's Fairytale Adventure", "Star Mountain", "Super Babies", "A Crown for King Juan el Bobo", "Dora's World Adventure!", and some other later episodes.
- When Dora and Boots are using a wagon carrying the pigs, the wagon has seatbelts which the pigs are wearing. Wagons in real life don't usually have seatbelts because they are actually only meant for cars and airplanes because wagons aren't even dangerous without seatbelts (although here it doesn’t apply due to cartoon logic).
- When Backpack was checked the first time, all she had was different colored ribbons. But when she was checked the second time, she had gadgets and gismos, like sunglasses, a soccer ball, a book, a doll, a flower in a pot, and a net, which was the right item.
- iTunes lists this episode as "Three L'il Piggies". The word "little" is abbreviated.
- The voices of Benny and Isa appeared in the end credits, but Benny and Isa don't appear in this episode.
The scene where Map and Dora review where each piggy went is a reference to "This Little Piggy".
|Dora the Explorer Season 1|
|The Legend of the Big Red Chicken | Lost and Found | Hic-Boom-Ohhh! | Beaches | We All Scream for Ice Cream | Choo-Choo! | Treasure Island | Three Little Piggies | Big River | Berry Hunt | Wizzle Wishes | Grandma's House | Surprise! | Sticky Tape | Bouncing Ball | Backpack! | Fish Out of Water | Bugga Bugga | Little Star | Dora Saves the Prince | El Coquí | The Chocolate Tree | Te Amo | Pablo's Flute | To The Treehouse | Call Me Mr. Riddles|