|Three Little Piggies|
|Airdate||Monday, September 4, 2000 (Nick Jr.)|
Tuesday, August 21, 2001 (VHS)
Tuesday, February 4, 2003 (DVD)
|Written by|| Carin Greenberg Baker|
Karen Heathwood & Zac Moncrief
|Directed by||George Chialtas|
- Fiesta Trio
- Benny (listed in credits)
- Isa (listed in credits)
- 3 Lil Piggies (debut)
Dora and Boots rescue the three little piggies, who escaped from a pig pen.
Dora and Boots visit a farm with three little pigs. The pigs were affectionate to Dora and Boots, with the latter naming one of the pigs "Oinky." Dora and Boots then gave the three little pigs a blue ribbon. Dora and Boots stop Swiper from swiping the blue ribbons, but the gate gets left open, causing the pigs to flee. Map tells them that one little pig went to the haystacks; one little pig went to the barn; and Oinky went to the apple tree. Dora and Boots went searching for the three little pigs. After finding the first little pig, Boots tries to carry her, but she was too heavy, so he and Dora put her in the wagon. The wagon then rolls on its own, prompting Dora and Boots to shout "abre!" to Tico, causing him to quickly push the gate open. Later, at the barn, Dora and Boots then find the second pig behind the barrels. En route to the apple tree, Dora and Boots could not get the wagon out of the mud, so the viewer at home helps the wagon get pulled out of the mud. They arrive at the apple tree, where Oinky was sitting on a branch eating apples and tossing them to the ground. The branch was about to break. After Dora gets a net from Backpack, she hurries over to the apple tree and catches him. After stopping Swiper once again, Dora and Boots take the three little pigs back home to their pig pen.
Places in episode
Listen to the sounds
- Cow behind the tractor
- Pig behind the barrels
- Sheep behind the bale of hay
- Duck behind the trough
- This is the 3rd of 4 episodes to first premiere on DVD. This episode, Lost Map, Super Map!, and Lost and Found appeared on the first ever DVD, Map Adventures.
- This is the 2nd episode where Dora and Boots stopped Swiper twice.
- This is another episode in which Dora and Boots sing the places to go in the Travel Song at warp speed.
- This is the 8th episode of the show.
- The voices of Benny and Isa appeared in the end credits, but Benny and Isa don't appear in this episode.
- Even though Dora and Boots sometimes lose at Swiper whenever he swipes things from them, he’s always saying "you're too late" to them but when Dora and Boots are singing We Did It!, they mention him saying he's is the one that is too late to swipe the ribbons, so they are technically stealing Swiper's catchphrase.
- This is the only episode written by Carin Greenberg Baker.
- When Dora asks the viewer what his or her favorite part was, she does not say "What was your favorite part of the trip?", she instead says "What was your favorite part of the day?". This happens again in The Golden Explorers.
- This is the first episode to find Map.
- The Fiesta Trio did not play their fanfare after finding the second pig at the barn.
- This episode aired on Labor Day 2000.
- This is the first episode in which Dora and Boots go back to where they have started after reaching the final destination on the map, something that will happen again in "Berry Hunt," "The Chocolate Tree," "El Día De Las Madres," "Click!," "A Present for Santa," "School Pet," "Save the Puppies!," "What Happens Next?," "Dora's Pirate Adventure," "Boots' Cuddly Dinosaur," "Dora's Fairytale Adventure," "Star Mountain," "Super Babies," "A Crown for King Juan el Bobo," and "Dora's World Adventure!."
- When Dora and Boots are using a wagon carrying the pigs, the wagon has seatbelts which the pigs are wearing. Wagons in real life don't usually have seatbelts, they're only meant for cars and airplanes because wagons aren't even dangerous without seatbelts.
- When Backpack was checked the first time, all she had was different colored ribbons. But when she was checked the second time, she had gadgets and gismos, like sunglasses, a flower in a pot, and a net, which was the right item.
- iTunes lists this episode as "Three L'il Piggies". The word "little" is abbreviated.
|Dora the Explorer Season 1|
|The Legend of the Big Red Chicken | Lost and Found | Hic-Boom-Ohhh! | Beaches | We All Scream for Ice Cream | Choo-Choo! | Treasure Island | Three Little Piggies | Big River | Berry Hunt | Wizzle Wishes | Grandma's House | Surprise! | Sticky Tape | Bouncing Ball | Backpack! | Fish Out of Water | Bugga Bugga | Little Star | Dora Saves the Prince | El Coquí | The Chocolate Tree | Te Amo | Pablo's Flute | To The Treehouse | Call Me Mr. Riddles|