|The Super Silly Fiesta!|
|Airdate||Monday, April 12, 2004 (Nickelodeon)|
Tuesday, June 1, 2004 (VHS and DVD)
|Written by|| Valerie Walsh Valdes|
|Directed by||George Chialtas|
|Previous||Dora's Pirate Adventure|
|Next||Boots' Cuddly Dinosaur|
- Fiesta Trio
- Big Red Chicken
- Grumpy Old Troll
- Funny Star
- Singing Gate (male)
The Big Red Chicken is hosting a Super Silly Fiesta, and everyone is invited. But he has a big problem: the cake for the party is missing! It is up to Dora and Boots to go on a silly adventure to help him find out where he misplaced the cake.
Dora thinks her name is Boots and she is a monkey by saying "Hi, I’m Boots! Boots the Monkey!", making both Dora and Boots laugh. Then, Boots tells her that is silly and then he says that she is really Dora and not Boots. Dora and Boots try again and get it right. Dora says her own name and Boots says out his own name and calls himself "Boots the Banana Head", and puts a banana on his head. Dora and Boots were acting silly. Suddenly, the silly delivery mail bird had a letter for Dora and Boots but he could not find them. Dora and Boots tell him that they were down on the ground. Silly Mail Bird goes to the left. Dora and Boots call out again saying they were down below. Silly Mail Bird finally finds them. He had a special invitation for Dora and Boots somewhere in his mail bag. He accidentally takes out a frying pan, a lamp and a pillow but then he finally finds the invitation for Dora and Boots. They thank Silly Mail Bird for the letter. Silly Mail Bird was in a hurry and flies to the left but then he realized he had to go to the right and was long gone. Dora opens the letter and inside was an invitation.
But that was not all they saw. There was confetti and there were also some silly hats for Dora and Boots to wear. Big Red Chicken was having a Super Silly Fiesta. They decided to go there. As Dora and Boots got going, Big Red Chicken had a problem of his own. He could not find his cake for the party. He looks all around for his cake for the Super Silly Fiesta but he could not find where he put it. Dora and Boots had to get to the Super Silly Fiesta quick. They ask Map for directions. He says that Dora and Boots have to go past the singing gate, over the troll bridge to get to the Super Silly Fiesta. He also mentions to look out for stars. Dora and Boots got going but had a silly mistake on their travel song. Dora and Boots accidentally use the words "snow" and "row" instead of "go". After correcting their mistake to the Travel song, they see Diego and 4 animals that are not making their usual sounds. Dora and Boots go to Diego to help him out.
First, there was a dog that went "oink-oink" and the viewer knows that the correct sound for a dog is "woof-woof". Next, there was a cow that went "meow-meow" and the viewer knows that it goes "moo-moo". Then, there was a duck that went "neigh-neigh" and that was incorrect. The viewer tells Dora and Diego that a duck goes "quack-quack". And finally, a frog went "tweet-tweet" and that was incorrect. The viewer tells them that the frog goes "ribbit-ribbit". After that, Dora and Boots got going and Diego thanked them as they head for the singing gate. Boots tries to pull open the gate but then it laughs because Boots was tickling him. Dora and Boots tell singing gate that they have to go through. Singing Gate promises to let them through but only if they help him sing his songs. He keeps getting mixed up. First up, Singing Gate sings "underpants" instead of "Bingo" in "B-I-N-G-O". Dora and Boots correct him by singing the song the right way. Singing Gate tries abother song, "The Itsy Bitsy Spider". He sings "giant meatball" instead of "waterspout". Once again, Dora and Boots correct him by singing the song the right way. the Singing Gate thanks Dora and Boots for singing his songs correctly and as a promise he opens and lets Dora and Boots go through.
After that, Dora and Boots see Benny the bull juggling. Benny loses control and each of the 7 balls hit his head one at a time. Benny tells Dora and Boots that he should practice his juggling more and he giggles. Suddenly, Swiper was nearby. Swiper hides inside a rock and surprises Benny. Benny yelps and Swiper swipes and juggles the 7 balls. He counts to 7 and then hides them in the tree. The viewer had to find all 7 of Benny's juggling balls. They all had polka dots. Suddenly, the viewer accidentally finds a ladybug and a turtle. But eventually, the viewer found everything that had polka dots. The viewer counts to make sure he or she found them all. Sure enough, all of them were found. After that, Benny catches them and started juggling again. Dora and Boots were going to see Benny later at the Super Silly Fiesta. Dora and Boots got going to let Benny concentrate on his juggling.
Soon after, Dora and Boots saw the troll bridge and Grumpy Old Troll is not going to let them cross his bridge because they have to make him laugh. Dora and Boots had to think of ways to make the troll laugh. They make silly faces and do a silly dance. Grumpy Old Troll watches and then he starts to laugh. After that, Grumpy Old Troll lets Dora and Boots cross his bridge. After that, Dora and Boots had to figure out where to go next. The 3 pictures pop up over Dora's head, she brings them down to the bottom. Dora reminds the viewer that they went past the singing gate and went over the troll bridge. All Dora and Boots have to do now is go to the Super Silly Fiesta. Dora and Boots look for the Super Silly Fiesta. A big orange turtle moves out of the way to reveal it. Dora and Boots get confetti sprinkled from above.
Dora and Boots get going on saw the Super Silly Fiesta is on top of a great big hill. They see Tico in his bubble powered copter mobile. Dora asks Tico if they like a ride to the Super Silly Fiesta. Tico was glad to and he was also going to the Super Silly Fiesta. Dora and Boots jump in and put their seatbelts on. Tico starts up his bubble powered copter mobile. The viewer, Dora and Boots tell Tico "Arriba" to go up. Tico did so and went too high. But then, stars come out from behind the clouds. There was even Funny Star. Boots thinks Funny Star is so funny that he wanted to catch him. Dora, Boots and Tico caught the stars and Boots caught the star he was after which was Funny Star. They put them in the star pocket. Dora and Boots can see the Super Silly Fiesta down below.
The viewer, Dora and Boots tell Tico "Abajo" to go down. After that, Dora and Boots jump out to help Big Red Chicken find his cake. Big Red Chicken tells Dora and Boots he cannot find his cake anywhere and now his Super Silly Fiesta is ruined. Dora and Boots laughEd and knew where his cake was. Big Red Chicken asks the viewer where the cake was. The viewer tells Big Red Chicken that the cake was on his head. Big Red Chicken checks and they were right. The cake was on top of his head. He had to admit that he was so silly because he put the cake on his head when he was setting the table and forgotten where he put it. And now that Big Red chicken has his cake, he can have the Super Silly Fiesta with all his friends. Everybody came to the Super Silly Fiesta. There was Diego, Benny, Isa, Tico and Grumpy Old Troll. They all had a silly good time!
Places in this episode
- Singing Gate
- Troll Bridge
- Super Silly Fiesta
- This is the 72nd episode of the show.
- Each time the blue cursor clicks on something (including the theme song), a "BOING!" sound is heard.
- Whenever the 3 squares appear in front of Dora, a trumpet sound toots and the pitch increases if more than one square pops up.
- After crossing the troll bridge, the three squares pop up over Dora's head but then she drags them down to the bottom of the screen.
- Dora and Boots wear their super silly hats almost throughout the episode.
- This is the 10th instance in which Grumpy Old Troll makes an appearance and the 9th instance in which Dora and Boots go over the troll bridge.
- When Tico says "¡Vámonos!", the audio is taken from The Fix-it Machine. It is also used in Dora's 3D Driving Adventure.
- This episode premiered the same day as the series premiere of Peep and the Big Wide World.
- The explorer star is this episode was named Funny Star when Dora was catching stars. But in the end credit sequence, Dora called him Silly Star.
- Dora and Boots sing a variation of the Travel Song in this episode, the Super Silly Travel Song and the fourth "Where are we going?" is asked in Spanish.
- This is the first episode where they say "¿Adonde vamos?" during the Travel Song.
- The song was only heard once.
- This is the second episode the singing gate is a location. This time, the gate is male and it is the first place Dora and Boots are going in this episode, whereas it was the second place they were going in Dora, La Música and the gate was female, which means there are two singing gates in Dora's world.
- This time, the Singing Gate messes up nursery rhymes and asks Dora, Boots and the viewers to sing them correctly, a concept carried over from the previous episode, Dora's Pirate Adventure.
- Also, unlike the said previous episode, Singing Gate sings two nursery rhymes instead of three. First he sings "B-I-N-G-O" incorrectly as: "There was a farmer had a dog and
underpantsBingo was his name-o", and then sings "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" incorrectly as: "The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the giant meatballwaterspout". (correct lyrics are in bold above).
- This is one of the only two episodes in which the Fiesta Trio plays their fanfare after the characters say "We did it!". This happens again in ABC Animals.
- At the end of the episode, Dora and Boots talk about what the silliest part of the episode is according to them instead of their favorite part. Also, Dora asks the viewer(s) "What was the silliest part of the trip?" (in his/her/their opinion), after waiting for the viewers' response, she says, "That was silly!" instead of the usual "I like that, too!".
- Even though Dora does not have a tail, She jokes by saying that she is Boots and she is a monkey because being silly is the theme of the episode. As she corrected the mistake, she does not say her usual line "Hola, soy Dora!", she instead says "Hi, I'm Dora!" just like in seasons 1 and 2.
- Due to the silliness in this episode, many silly and random effects and sounds are added, like Map's firework sound, the blue cursor making a "BOING!" sound (including the end of the theme song), trumpets for the 3 picture pop-up boxes, etc.
- This is the second time the stars don't appear until Dora and Boots head to their destination. This previously occured in What Happens Next?. This will also occur in Dora's Fairytale Adventure.
- This may lead to one who doesn't remember what happens in this episode or hasn't seen and watched it before wondering when the stars are going to show up (since Map mentioned about star catching in this episode), and then be surprised once the stars appear as Dora and Boots are heading to the final destination.
- This one of few episodes to premiere on Nick instead of Nick Jr.
- This is the 5th episode where Dora does not look inside Backpack.
- Grumpy Old Troll did not come up with a riddle in this episode, he instead asks Dora and Boots to make silly faces to make him laugh. This is the third episode where he does not challenge them with a riddle, first being "To the Monkey Bars" and second being "Baseball Boots".
- During the third picture pop up sequence, the squares were on the top. After Dora fixes that mistake, she says all the places after the squares, just like in Season 1 and most of Season 2. This scene is apparently the brief return where Dora says out all the places after all 3 squares appear. However, she still asks "Where do we go next?" instead of asking "So next comes...?".
- When Big Red Chicken is panicking about losing his cake, it was not on his head, but when Dora and Boots arrived at the Super Silly Fiesta, he still panics about his cake being lost although he already found it and then just puts it on his head, pretending that he still lost it.
- In the Dora the Explorer album, there was a version of the Super Silly Travel Song, where instead of saying "Where are we going?", Dora and Boots look for things that are silly, but that did not appear in this episode.
- Also in the album, there is a song called "The Chicken Dance", where Dora and Boots do the silly chicken dance with the Big Red Chicken, but it does not appear in this episode either. It is possible that both the Silly Chicken Dance and the album version of the Super Silly Travel Song were intended for this episode, but they got cut off. However, if the Chicken Dance was featured, it would most likely occur at the Fiesta after Dora and Boots found the Big Red Chicken's cake and their friends arriving.
- On VHS releases, some of the yellow colorings in this episode are brighter.
- Tico's bubble powered copter mobile looks very similar to the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang car from the film of the same name.
Number of stars
Funny Star (referred to in the credits as Silly Star)
|Dora the Explorer Season 3|
|Dora Had a Little Lamb | Star Catcher | Meet Diego! | Stuck Truck | Roberto the Robot | The Big Potato | Rescue, Rescue, Rescue! | Save the Puppies! | ¡Por Favor! | What Happens Next? | The Fix-it Machine | Baby Dino | Baseball Boots | Boots' Special Day | To the South Pole | Journey to the Purple Planet | Boo! | Dora Saves the Game | Dora's Pirate Adventure | The Super Silly Fiesta | Boots' Cuddly Dinosaur | Job Day | Louder! | ABC Animals|