|The Shy Rainbow|
|Airdate||Tuesday, January 11, 2005 (Nick Jr.)|
Tuesday, April 3, 2007 (DVD)
|Previous||La Maestra de Música|
|Next||Swiper the Explorer|
- Backpack (We Did It! Only)
- Fiesta Trio
- Señor Tucán (cameo)
- Big Red Chicken
- Grumpy Old Troll
- Sliparooni Star
- Arco Iris (debut)
Dora and Boots find a little rainbow named Arco Iris at Rainbow Rock, but he is very shy, so Dora and Boots must teach him to shine for the first time ever.
Dora & Boots climb up Rainbow Rock to look at rainbows of many different sizes. They saw a big rainbow and a bigger rainbow. But when it was time to reveal the biggest rainbow, it wasn't there. The sun says that he needs a rainbow right away. So Dora & Boots immediately searched for the missing rainbow. It hid behind a waterfall. His name is Arco Iris. Dora tells him that the sun needs a rainbow right away. Arco Iris was shy because he never appeared up in the sky where everybody can see them. Dora admits that she can be shy sometimes too, same with Boots. Dora & Boots wanted Arco Iris to show its colors. Arco Iris had 4 colorful stripes that sparkle. On the top, there was a red stripe; on the top middle there was a blue stripe; on the bottom middle, there was a green stripe and on the very bottom there was a yellow stripe. After listing the colors, the sun tells Dora & Boots that they have to take Arco Iris to Rainy Mountain right away. So they check Map to find the quickest route to Rainy Mountain. He tells them that they had to go across the troll bridge and across Sneezing Snake Lake to get there. Dora & Boots are ready to get Arco Iris to Rainy Mountain. Along the way, they sing "De Colores". After the song, Dora, Boots and Arco Iris reach the troll bridge. Grumpy Old Troll sings his song, but Dora cuts him off and explains to him that she and Boots are in a big hurry to get Arco Iris to Rainy Mountain so he can shine in the sky. Grumpy Old Troll makes some bridge pieces fall apart using a remote control. Dora & Boots had to put their intelligence to the test putting the bridge boards back into place. They noticed that there is a pattern on the bridge. It went green, green, blue, blue. After fixing the pattern on the troll's bridge, they went across to the other side. Dora & Boots sing the "De Colores" song again. After that, Dora, Boots and Arco Iris reach Sneezing Snake Lake. Then they noticed that the boat, the paddles and life jackets were missing some of their color. The boat was red. The paddles were yellow and the life jackets were orange. Boots notices that Arco Iris didn't have an orange stripe, but Arco Iris had a trick; he made orange by mixing red and yellow together. After that, they heard Swiper. Dora, Boots and Arco Iris stopped Swiper by saying "Swiper no Swiping" 3 times and he ran away. Dora & Boots paddled their boat across sneezing snake lake and then they heard the sneezing snakes coming towards them. They rowed fast to get away from them. Dora, Boots and Arco Iris go through a large gap in the wall. They have to fix the wall or else the snakes will still follow them and catch them. Arco Iris painted it red so that the sneezing snakes couldn't follow them. The sneezing snakes bump into the wall and swim away. Dora, Boots and Arco Iris make it across Sneezing Snake Lake and they were so close to Rainy Mountain. It was so far away but Arco Iris turns into an uplifting parachute so that he, Dora & Boots can make it up to the top fast. After getting to the top of Rainy Mountain, Arco Iris got dirty. Dora calls out to an explorer star. Sliparooni the soapy explorer star comes out of the star pocket and gets Arco Iris all shiny and clean. After that, Arco Iris is ready to shine in the sky and is not very shy anymore. They said "buena suerte" to wish him good luck. Arco Iris stretched his 4 colorful stripes and he became the biggest rainbow of all. Everyone saw it and they were happy to see it. The episode ends with Dora & Boots singing "De Colores" to Arco Iris one more time as they slide down him.
Places in this episode
- Dora and Boots admit that sometimes they feel shy when they interacted with the not so called Shy Rainbow.
- This is the 2nd episode where Dora and Boots went across Sneezing Snake Lake, first being Whose Birthday is It?.
- This is the 12th episode featuring the Grumpy Old Troll and the 11th time Dora and Boots cross the troll bridge.
- There was no star-catching on this episode, but Sliparooni star did appear at the end of the episode to clean Arco Iris.
- It is possible that Dora and Boots caught him before the start of the episode.
- This is the 1st episode to premiere in 2005.
- This is the 81st episode of the show.
- In this episode, the Fiesta Trio does not play their fanfare to begin We Did It.
- This is one of the episodes where Map's zoom wipe effect is used after telling the viewers to go to the first and last locations.
- Dora asks the viewer "What was your favorite color" at the end of the episode and "That’s a great color" after waiting for the viewers response. Then, Dora and Boots talk about their favorite colors instead of the favorite part of the trip.
- Grumpy Old Troll sings I'm the Grumpy Old Troll song but Dora cuts him off from singing it and just asks him if they can go over his bridge because she was in a very big rush to get to Rainy Mountain.
- The Troll Bridge is not just blue like all other episodes, it is blue and green.
- Dora and Boots sing De Colores in place of the Travel Song in this episode.
- This is the first episode seeing Map orange, first he shows himself red and yellow and then he turns orange when he tells the viewer that the colors yellow and red make orange.
- During the end credits and Sliparooni’s mini-game, the Blue Cursor is facing left instead of right.
- Arco Iris, the shy rainbow, only has four colors, yellow, green, blue and red, ordered from inside to outside.
- This is coincidentally the order in which the crystals are found in Dora Saves the Crystal Kingdom.
- This is the eighth episode in where Dora does not check her Backpack.
- This was the first episode not to be released on VHS (excluding any DVD bonus episodes).
- This episode premiered the same day as Catch the Stars VHS and DVD.
- This is the fourth episode where Grumpy Old Troll challenges Dora and Boots with something other than a riddle, something that happened in To the Monkey Bars, Baseball Boots and The Super Silly Fiesta.
- Acro Iris did not have an orange, an indigo and a purple stripe, three colors that rainbows have in real life.
- Also, unlike rainbows in real life, the colors red, yellow, green, and blue are out of order. Rainbows do not look like Arco Iris (although here it does not apply due to cartoon logic).
- The order for real life rainbows are red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and purple.
- Dora and Boots mentioned to Arco Iris that they have been shy sometimes. However, Dora has never been shy in past episodes, she was just convincing Arco Iris to stretch out and show his bright colors in the sky.
|Dora the Explorer Season 4|
|Dora's Fairytale Adventure | Daisy, La Quinceañera | Star Catcher | La Maestra de Música | The Shy Rainbow | Swiper the Explorer | Star Mountain | Big Sister Dora | Super Babies | Catch the Babies | Dora's Got a Puppy | We're a Team! | Super Spies 2: The Swiping Machine | Dora & Diego to the Rescue | A Crown for King Juan el Bobo | The Mixed-Up Seasons | Best Friends | Dora's Dance to the Rescue | Save Diego | Dora's First Trip | Baby Jaguar's Roar | Dora's World Adventure! | Boots to the Rescue | Baby Crab | Dora Saves the Mermaids|