|The Mixed-Up Seasons|
|Airdate||Wednesday, October 5, 2005 (Nick Jr.)|
Tuesday, July 3, 2007 (DVD)
|Written by||Christine Ricci|
|Previous||A Crown for King Juan el Bobo|
- Fiesta Trio
- Benny (cameo)
- Isa (cameo)
- Tico (cameo)
- Val the Octopus (cameo)
- Big Red Chicken (cameo)
- Mr. Snowman (debut)
- Little Flower (debut)
- Jack O'Lantern (debut)
- Sand Crab (debut)
- Mr. Scarecrow (cameo)
Dora & Boots find 4 things in the wrong seasons and must put them back to where they belong.
Dora and Boots were spending the day at the beach in the summer. Some of their friends were eating ice cream, swimming and playing in the sand. Suddenly, they saw a very strange sight: There was a snowman on the beach! Mr. Snowman was in the hot sun and he got lost. Dora and Boots had to ask Map to find out how to get Mr. Snowman home before he melts! Map had the 4 seasons which were Winter, Spring, Fall and Summer. Map said it's very hot in the summer, and much too hot for a snowman. The viewer finds the correct season for Mr. Snowman. He is supposed to be where it's cold in winter. So, Dora and Boots had to take Mr. Snowman back to where it's winter. There was no boat, but there is a hot air balloon. Dora and Boots use it to take Mr. Snowman home. After getting on the hot air balloon, it went to where it's winter. Mr. Snowman was frozen solid but Dora and Boots were shivering because they were cold. Dora and Boots had to put on snowsuits to keep them warm. So they get them out of Backpack. After taking Mr. Snowman back to where it's winter, someone else was lost. It was a little flower. Little Flower sneezed and couldn't take this winter weather.
Dora and Boots had to check Map again to find out where Little Flower's correct season. Map was glad that Dora and Boots brought Mr. Snowman back to winter. "But, Oh no! Little Flower is lost and she has to be where it's warm!" he said. The viewer finds the correct season for Little Flower. She belongs with other flowers where it's spring. Mr. Snowman gets out a sled so they can slide down the mountain. He tells Dora, Boots and Little Flower that they had to follow the numbers from 1-5. However, he also warns them that if they went the wrong way, they'll run into snow bears. Dora, Boots and Little Flower reach a gate, the buzzer sounds and the gate opens. Dora, Boots and Little Flower started sledding down the mountain to get Little Flower home to where it's spring. They followed the numbers from 1-5 and made it down the mountain. After that, Dora and Boots didn't need their snowsuits anymore, so they put them back inside Backpack. Dora & Boots had to find the flower patch that looked just like Little Flower. Sure enough, the viewer finds a flower patch that had purple flowers and it matched what Dora and Boots were holding. After putting Little Flower back in the purple flower patch in spring, a voice went "Ayudenme"! Dora & Boots go "Uh-oh". Someone else was lost. It was a pumpkin. The pumpkin's name was Jack the Jack O'Lantern and said that he's lost and he doesn't belong where it's spring.
Dora & Boots check Map again to find out where the pumpkin lives. Map was glad that Mr. Snowman is back in winter and that Little Flower is back in spring, then he went "Uh oh!" beacause the pumpkin is lost. The viewer finds the correct season for Jack O'Lantern. He belongs with the other pumpkins in fall. Dora & Boots had to figure out how to carry Jack O'Lantern home. Boots couldn't pick him up because he was big and heavy. Dora & Boots use a wheelbarrow to carry Jack O'Lantern Boots rolls the wheelbarrow up to Jack O'Lantern. They were about to pick him up when they heard Swiper. Dora, Boots and Jack stop Swiper by saying "Swiper no swiping". After that, Dora & Boots lifted Jack O'Lantern onto the wheelbarrow. He was heavy but they both lifted him together. As Dora & Boots push the wheelbarrow down the path, the wheelbarrow gets stuck in the mud. The viewer helps Dora and Boots push the wheelbarrow out of the mud. And then in no time, Dora & Boots are in fall. Now they had to find Jack O'Lantern's pumpkin patch but it was dark in the forest and they needed a light. Sure enough, Jack O'Lantern lit up the entire forest and the viewer finds the pumpkin patch. Jack O'Lantern was home.
Dora & Boots noticed that they are so many things to do in the fall. They did apple picking and jumped in the leaves. But as Dora & Boots jumped in the leaves, a voice said "Ouch!". Dora & Boots saw Sand Crab. Sand Crab was scared because they landed on her and Dora & Boots apologized and explained that they didn't see the sand crab under the leaves. Sand Crab said it was okay and says she has a tough shell. Boots asked Sand Crab what she is doing in the pile of leaves and Sand Crab says she’s trying to keep warm. Dora & Boots both say "Uh-oh" and knew that a sand crab doesn't belong in fall. Sand Crab says that she is not used to such chilly wind and rain and is lost. She needs to get home to her family. So Dora & Boots check Map one more time to find out where Sand Crab lives. Map was proud that Dora & Boots brought Mr. Snowman back to winter, Little Flower back to spring and the pumpkin back to fall. But Sand Crab is lost. The viewer finds the correct season for Sand Crab. She lives where it's hot in summer.
Dora & Boots take sand crab home to where it's summer but it was very far away. Dora, Boots and Sand Crab go on a hayride with Caballito to where it's summer. A wind cloud starts chasing them, they went fast but the wind cloud caught up. They went faster and the wind cloud caught up even more. They went the fastest of all. The wind cloud gave up and Dora and Boots took Sand Crab back to where it's summer. After bringing back the 4 characters back to their correct seasons, fireworks started up to celebrate Dora and Boots for bringing Mr. Snowman back from summer to winter, Little Flower back from winter to spring, Jack O'Lantern back from spring to fall and Sand Crab back from fall to summer.
Four seasons in this episode
- The episode starts in Summertime and end their adventure at the Summer.
- This is the first episode where the last place on the map is somehow the same place the adventure started. This will happen again in Dora Saves the Crystal Kingdom.
- It is possible that this episode took place on July 4th because there were fireworks after the adventure.
- Dora and Boots don't sing the Travel Song in this episode because they're traveling to 4 places instead of 3 places, however, it is still possible for them to sing it listing 4 places, but they're going to all 4 seasons returning every season character back to their own seasons, they didn't even know at first that they had to go to all the seasons and the different season characters in the wrong season, so they never had the need to sing it anyway. They actually don't sing any songs except We Did It (excluding the Dora the Explorer Theme Song, I'm the Map, and Backpack, Backpack).
- Dora doesn't use the picture pop-up sequence in this episode, she instead uses Map after passing each place and placing red checkmarks on the places Dora and Boots have been to.
- Map doesn't use a regular map that traces a path to the last place and showing the places in order, he instead uses a season map showing all 4 seasons to know where Dora and Boots got to go to return the season character back to right places, and this time, he stands in the middle of the picture map instead of the top left.
- Dora and Boots don't talk about their favorite parts at the end, they instead talk about their favorite seasons and Dora doesn't ask the viewer "what was your favorite part of the trip", she instead asks "what's your favorite season". However, she still says "I liked that too!" after the viewer's response.
- This is the fourth time the Fiesta Trio played their original fanfare three times.
- Dora's Got a Puppy, We're a Team!, Super Spies 2: The Swiping Machine, A Crown for King Juan el Bobo, and this episode are the 5 consecutive episodes Dora and Boots successfully stop Swiper and has never even swiped from them once.
- It is unknown how the Fiesta Trio got to each of the four seasons.
- It is unknown how all 4 seasons happen at the same time. Possibly due to cartoon logic.
Grumpy Old Troll
|Dora the Explorer Season 4|
|Dora's Fairytale Adventure | Daisy, La Quinceañera | Star Catcher | La Maestra de Música | The Shy Rainbow | Swiper the Explorer | Star Mountain | Big Sister Dora | Super Babies | Catch the Babies | Dora's Got a Puppy | We're a Team! | Super Spies 2: The Swiping Machine | Dora & Diego to the Rescue | A Crown for King Juan el Bobo | The Mixed-Up Seasons | Best Friends | Dora's Dance to the Rescue | Save Diego | Dora's First Trip | Baby Jaguar's Roar | Dora's World Adventure! | Boots to the Rescue | Baby Crab | Dora Saves the Mermaids|