|Airdate||Friday, May 4, 2001|
|Written by|| Eric Weiner|
Storyboard by: Dominic Orlando
|Directed by||George Chialtas|
- Fiesta Trio
- Mami (mentioned)
- Señor Burro (debut)
- King Popo (debut)
- Queen Maria (debut)
- El Mago (debut)
- La Lechuza (debut)
El Mago, an evil magician, turns the royal couple King Popo and Queen Maria into mountains. It is up to Dora and Boots to break the spell to save them.
Dora was going to read a book to Boots. Her Mami gave her that book. The story is called "Te Amo", which was the Spanish phrase for "I love you". Dora gets out the book from Backpack. It was a blue book with a small red heart on the front of the cover. As Dora started reading, there was a king & queen who loved each other very much. Everyday, they told each other, "Te Amo". One day a mean magician named El Mago appeared and he didn't like the way King Popo and Queen Maria were having fun and being happy. So, he made the King and Queen be far apart. But King Popo & Queen Maria loved each other so much that they walked over the whole world until they got back together. When El Mago saw that King Popo and Queen Maria were back together, he was very angry and didn't like it one bit. So, El Mago casted a spell on King Popo & Queen Maria turning them into mountains. The only way that King Popo & Queen Maria will turn back to normal is if El Mago's spell is broken. The story said that "Two true friends, two true heroes must climb up the mountains and say Te Amo".
Dora & Boots jumped into the book so that they can break the spell and bring King Popo and Queen Maria back together. Map says that they had to go across a bridge with only one railing on the left, over some rocks to get to the King Popo & Queen Maria mountains. Map also says that they should watch out for El Mago. As Dora & Boots approached the bridge, El Mago used his magic wand and broke some pieces off of the bridge. There were 5 broken pieces and they matched each broken piece to its correspoinding gap and in no time, the bridge was fixed and Dora & Boots immediately crossed the bridge to the other side.
As Dora & Boots continued their adventure to break the spell, they come up to a donkey named Señor Burro. El Mago put a spell on Señor Burro, making him fall to pieces, but they found the correct parts. They put back the donkey ears, the donkey feet and pinned the donkey tail back on Señor Burro and the spell was broken. Señor Burro offered Dora & Boots a ride on his back. Then, they got to the rocks. Boots picks up two rocks that were different sizes. He had a big rock in his right hand and a little rock on his left hand. "Grande" is Spanish for "Big" and "Pequeña" was Spanish for "Little".
Suddenly, Dora & Boots saw El Mago and he used his magic wand to make a great big maze of rocks. Dora & Boots got separated but Dora was still on Señor Burro's back. Dora & Señor Burro had to make their way through the maze of rocks. Dora & Señor Burro took the path the big rocks, next they took the path with the little rocks and finally they took the path with the big rocks and Boots got back together with Dora. Dora & Boots thanked Señor Burro for the ride. And they were so close to break the spell so that King Popo & Queen Maria will come back together. All they had to do is go to the King Popo & queen Maria mountains to do it. But La Lechuza (Spanish for "the owl") told Dora & Boots that they had to be quiet because El Mago was sleeping. So, they sang a song to the tune "Frere Jacques" in Spanish as they tiptoed past El Mago without waking him up.
After that, Dora & Boots made it to the mountains. The owl told Dora & Boots "Buena Suerte" which is Spanish for "Good Luck". Boots marched the King Popo mountain while Dora marched the Queen Maria mountain and they had to shout out to each other "Te Amo" as loud as they could to break the spell. As El Mago marched up the Queen Maria mountain, they had to break the spell fast before he tried to stopped them. Dora & Boots cupped their hands around their mouths and shouted out "Te Amo" as loud as they could twice and the spell was broken. King Popo & Queen Maria were back together. They also realized that the falling rocks broke El Mago's magic wand and was told that he can't do bad things anymore. King Popo & Queen Maria thought Dora & Boots were two true heroes and Queen Maria gave Boots a kiss on the cheek.
Places in episode
- King Popo & Queen Maria Mountains
- This is the second English speaking episode with a Spanish title. "Te Amo" means "I love you" in Spanish.
- This is the 2nd episode where Dora & Boots had to jump into a book to start the adventure.
- This is the first episode in which Swiper doesn't appear at all.
- Map warns Dora, Boots, and the viewer at home to watch out for El Mago on their adventure.
- This episode currently airs whenever it's February and Valentine's Day, despite being aired in May 2001.
- This is the 23rd episode of the show.
- It is unknown how the Fiesta Trio got into the Te Amo book.
- Tina Kugler does not appear in the storyboard artist and unlisted in the credits.
- This episode was directed by George Chialtas.
- Benny, Tico, Isa and Swiper don't appear in this episode and unlisted in the credits, instead, El Mago takes Swiper's place as the antagonist.
- This is the third episode Boots gets mad when El Mago breaks the pieces of the bridge apart, he first got mad in Choo-Choo!, in which the red and green trains made fun of Azul, and the second time he got mad was in Backpack, in which he fell in the Icky Sticky Sand.
- When El Mago breaks the pieces of the bridge apart, he's technically almost saying exactly what Swiper says after swiping something, but he's saying "you'll never reach the mountains now!" and laughs after that differently but he doesn't say "you're too late" before that.
- This is the first episode for El Mago, who would later appear again in Dora Saves Fairytale Land.
- Dora and Boots will sing "La Lechuza" again in the Season 3 episode, The Big Potato.
- At the beginning of the credits, Map is blue instead of white.
Baby Blue Bird
|Dora the Explorer Season 1|
|The Legend of the Big Red Chicken | Lost and Found | Hic-Boom-Ohhh! | Beaches | We All Scream for Ice Cream | Choo-Choo! | Treasure Island | Three Little Piggies | Big River | Berry Hunt | Wizzle Wishes | Grandma's House | Surprise! | Sticky Tape | Bouncing Ball | Backpack! | Fish Out of Water | Bugga Bugga | Little Star | Dora Saves the Prince | El Coquí | The Chocolate Tree | Te Amo | Pablo's Flute | To The Treehouse | Call Me Mr. Riddles|