|Airdate||Tuesday, January 11, 2005 (VHS and DVD)|
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 (Nick Jr.)
|Episode||7 (aired on television)
6 (due to being shown on VHS and DVD first)
|Written by||Chris Gifford|
|Previous||Television: Swiper the Explorer
Due to VHS and DVD: The Shy Rainbow
|Next||Airing on Television: Big Sister Dora
Due to VHS and DVD: Swiper the Explorer
- Abuela (mentioned)
- Fiesta Trio (first I'm the Map and both Travel Song only)
- Noisy Star (cameo)
- Switchy Star (cameo)
- Hero Star (cameo)
- Tool Star
- Saltador Star
- Glowy Star
Dora has a new necklace that matches her bracelet, but when Swiper swipes the necklace and flung all the way it to the Giant Star on top of Star Mountain, Dora and Boots must go all the way up there to retrieve it with help of three Explorer Stars.
The episode starts with Dora showing the viewer her new necklace that she got from her Abuela that matches her bracelet. All of sudden, Dora and Boots hear Swiper nearby. They did not stop him in time, so he swiped the necklace and flung it all the way to the top of the giant star on top of Star Mountain. Boots wonders how they can be able to get it back and Dora realized that Star Mountain is where all the explorer stars live. She thought that if they call them by saying "¡Estrellas!", they can help them. Sure enough, there were three explorer stars that can help: The first one is Tool Star, who has all the tools they want and need, Saltador, who can give them super jumping power, and Glowy, who can either light up something or make things warm with her bright light. Now Dora and Boots have to find out how to get to the top of Star Mountain. They ask Map for assistance. He said that they have to run up 15 star steps, and climb up a big Diamond to get all the way to the Giant Star on top of Star Mountain to retrieve the necklace. Dora and Boots were ready to race to the top of Star Mountain. They will not give up! Along the way to the star steps, there was too much fog and they cannot see where they are going. Luckily, Tool Star has the perfect tool to get rid of the fog. It is a fan. After that, they reach the steps. They have to be careful because there is bubbly green goo, and they do not want to get covered in goo. They try counting normally up the steps, but a buzzer sound occurs and they slide down to solid ground. They have to count even faster. They did so and made it up 5 steps. They climb even more steps. So far, they got up 10 steps. Boots was so happy that they were fast. "Oh yeah, Oh yeah, Oh yeah!", he said as he dances and celebrates, but all of sudden, there was goo everywhere. There was so much that they cannot even go up more steps. Glowy comes along and tries melting all the goo. Dora, Boots, and the viewer joined in and sure enough, all the goo is gone. They continue going up the last 5 steps all the way to 15. With that done, they made it up the steps. Along the way to the diamond, it was starting to snow. The problem is Dora and Boots do not have snow clothes. Luckily, the stars have snow clothes to give them. They started to play in the snow, but as Boots was making a snowball, there was a sound of something rolling. It was a giant snowball. Saltador gave them jumping power so they can jump over the giant snowball. In no time, they made it over the snowball and made it to the diamond. To get up the diamond, they have to use star handles and follow a star pattern One star handle is red and the next one is green. The climb up from red, green, red, green, red. They approach two stars, a green one on the right and red on the left. The viewer tells Dora that the next star in the pattern is green. There were more star handles. They kept going. Red, green, red, green, red, green. Again, there was a red star on the left and a green star on the right. The viewer tells them that red comes next. In no time, they made it all the way up the diamond. So far, Dora and Boots made it up the 15 star steps and up the Diamond. They were getting so close to retrieving Dora's necklace. They just have to go to the Giant Star. But along the way, there was a huge blizzard. The explorer stars could not go any further. They got going but Boots slid down and Dora catches him. Soon, they made it to the Giant Star and past the blizzard. Dora and Boots need a rope that is long enough to reach the necklace. They check Backpack for the longest rope. Backpack had two ropes, long and short. The viewer finds the longest one. Dora and Boots twirled the rope like a lasso and threw it up to the top. All of a sudden, they see a snowman on a snowboard trying to get the rope. It is not just any snowman, it was really Swiper. This time, Dora and Boots stopped him but Swiper fell down to the ground and caught his snowboard. Now, Dora can climb up to the top. She needed help from the viewer and in no time, she made it to the top of the Giant Star. Dora reached and reached and she finally got her necklace back. The giant star lit up and the snow melted so the explorer stars can start flying up in the air again. Dora climbs down to the bottom. She and Boots hugged each other. They were so glad that they saved Dora's necklace after it got swiped by Swiper and the explorer stars helped them out for the whole trip.
Places in episode
- 15 Numbered Steps
- Giant Star
- Giant Snowball
- Snowy Blizzard
Number of stars
- The explorer stars could not go any further in the blizzard.
- The book adaptation of this episode by Alison Inches is titled as Dora Climbs Star Mountain.
- This is the 83rd episode aired on TV (or the 82nd shown episode due to it being shown on VHS and DVD on January 11, 2005) of the show.
- This episode marks the least stars counted by three, but this time all the stars were explorer stars.
- On the Nick Jr website, there was a game where Dora plays Mini Golf on Star Mountain. Some differences are that she plays mini-golf instead of getting her necklace, Boots does not join, and when she up at the top, she's still in her regular clothes due to cartoon logic.
- This is one of the few Season 4 episodes featuring the Explorer Stars doing a mini-game of themselves during the end credits instead of Character Find.
- Dora and Boots sing the Travel Song twice in this episode.
- When Dora and Boots are singing the Travel Song, they sing a different second stanza that goes, "We're climbing up Star Mountain to the giant star above. We won't give up until we find the necklace that I love", instead of the usual "Come on, vámonos, Everybody let's go. Come on, let's get to it, I know that we can do it" and they say "Where are we going?" twice in English and twice in Spanish.
- Dora tells the viewer if they see Swiper anywhere, but he immediately jumpscares Dora and Boots and swipes Dora's necklace making them not have the chance of stopping him right away or on time.
- Dora and Boots don't catch any stars in this episode, the stars actually instead only help them on their adventure and at the end of the episode, Dora says that she wants to count the stars that helped them during the episode instead of star catching, however, Map doesn't say anything about the stars helping Dora and Boots on the way.
- When Dora and Boots are singing the Travel Song, they don't say Star Mountain, they say Giant Star because they are going to the giant star on top of the mountain.
- Isa, Benny, and Tico don't appear in this episode.
- This episode aired on the VHS and DVD title Catch the Stars before it aired on TV.
- Dora does not say "We had such an exciting trip today!", she instead says "We had such an exciting adventure today", just like in El Coquí.
- The Fiesta Trio did not play their fanfare in this episode, not even their extended fanfare to start We Did It!. However, they do appear during I'm the Map and the Travel Song.
- This is the third time in which, as Dora and Boots are singing We Did It!, they returned to where they started from after reaching the final place on the map and also the 14th time they go back to the start in the first place. This also occurred in Three Little Piggies, Berry Hunt, The Chocolate Tree, El Día De Las Madres, Click!, A Present for Santa, School Pet, Save the Puppies!, What Happens Next?, Journey to the Purple Planet, Dora's Pirate Adventure, Boots' Cuddly Dinosaur, and Dora's Fairytale Adventure.
- The scene with Dora and Boots high-fiving while Boots is in the air is used in the Coming Up Next for Noggin (and Nick Jr.'s Puzzle Time only when Moose A. Moose says, "Moose here! Dora the Explorer is coming up next! But first it's...)
- This episode premiered the same day as the Big Sister Dora! (book).
- Similar to Star Catcher, the Explorer Stars help get Dora's necklace back, but instead of four stars, there are three that help.
- This is the fourth episode where Dora's teddy bear, Osito made an appearance. First being The Lost City, second being Baseball Boots (item in Backpack), and third being Boots' Cuddly Dinosaur. It is also the second time it was an item in Backpack.
- Just like in To the South Pole, Dora and Boots’ same winter clothes from A Present For Santa and A Letter for Swiper have hoods on them.
- Unlike all other Season 4 episodes where Dora and Boots checked Map the second time, he sings "I'm the Map" again. Also, the Fiesta Trio did not sing with him that extra time.
Explorer Star (in the credits)