|First Appearance||The Legend of the Big Red Chicken|
|Last Appearance||Return to the Rainforest|
|Friends||Dora, Boots, Benny, Isa, Tico, Backpack, Map|
|Voiced By||Leslie Valdes|
Señor Tucán is one of Dora and Boots' good friends. He is a toucan who only speaks in Spanish. Dora usually needs to translate what he says for Boots and the viewers. His name is often shortened to Sr. Tucán or just el Señor.
He is voiced by Leslie Valdes, the husband of the series' co-creator Valerie Walsh Valdes.
Señor Tucán is a colorful tropical bird. His feathers are mostly blue, with a patch of yellow on his back. The top of his head is purple, his neck is yellow, and he has red rings around his eyes, back, and torso. He has yellow talons and a long, orange and yellow beak. He has red eyebrows that float above his face. When he's seen from the side, only one eyebrow is visible. On most promo art, his outlines are purple or dark blue.
Señor Tucan is a very helpful bird who is always happy to assist Dora and Boots on their adventures. He has a long beak that can pick things up with ease.
In the French dub, Dora l'exploratrice, Señor Tucán's name is changed to "Mister Toucan" and he only speaks in English.
- Season 1:
- Season 2:
- Season 3: Appears in the updated opening theme
- Season 4:
- Season 5: Dora's Big Birthday Adventure
- Season 6: Swiper's Favorite Things
- Season 7:
- Season 8:
- Dora and Friends: Return to the Rainforest
- His exact character model appears in various episodes of Go, Diego, Go!, recolored to look more like toucans in the wild.
- In the credits of various episodes, his name is misspelled as "Senior Tucán."
- Leslie Valdes also voices Señor Burro, a minor character who similarly only speaks in Spanish.
- In "Lost Squeaky," Leslie Valdes is credited for voicing Señor Tucán, but he does not appear in the episode.