He is voiced by Leslie Valdes, the husband of the series' co-creator Valerie Walsh Valdes.
Señor Tucán is a very helpful bird who is always happy to assist Dora and Boots on their adventures. He has a long beak that can pick things up with ease, and his ability to quickly fly around always comes in handy.
Señor Tucán may look like a normal toucan, but he has many jobs, such as boat captain and super spy leader. In the Super Spies episodes, he calls on Dora and Boots to carry out secret missions for him. They usually involve stopping Swiper from stealing something important. When he's a spy leader, Señor Tucán uses his wings like coat pockets to hold all kinds of high-tech spy gadgets.
In some dubs, such as Dora la Exploradora, Señor Tucán's name is changed to "Mister Toucan" and he only speaks in English.
Señor Tucán is a colorful tropical bird. His feathers are mostly blue, with a patch of yellow on his back. The top of his head is purple, his neck is yellow, and he has red rings around his eyes, back, and torso. He has yellow talons and a long, orange and yellow beak. He has red eyebrows that float above his face. When he's seen from the side, only one eyebrow is visible. On most promo art, his outlines are purple or dark blue.
- Season 1:
- Season 2:
- "The Magic Stick"
- "Lost Squeaky" (name listed in credits)
- "Rojo the Fire Truck" (credits game only)
- "León, the Circus Lion" (credits game only)
- "The Big Piñata"
- "The Happy Old Troll" (credits game only)
- "To the Monkey Bars" (credits game only)
- "Dora, La Músico"
- "Hide and Go Seek"
- "Super Spies"
- Season 3: Appears in the updated opening theme
- Season 4:
- Season 5: "Dora's Big Birthday Adventure"
- Season 6: "Swiper's Favorite Things"
- Season 7:
- Season 8:
- Dora and Friends: "Return to the Rainforest"
- His exact character model appears in various episodes of Go, Diego, Go!, recolored to look more like toucans in the wild.
- In the credits of various episodes, his name is misspelled as "Senior Tucán."
- Leslie Valdes also voices Señor Burro, a minor character who similarly only speaks in Spanish.
- In "Lost Squeaky," Leslie Valdes is credited for voicing Señor Tucán, but he does not appear in the episode.