|Save the Puppies!|
|Airdate||Tuesday, October 14, 2003|
|Written by||Christine Ricci|
|Previous||Rescue, Rescue, Rescue!|
- Backpack (We Did It! only)
- Fiesta Trio
- Saltador Star (debut)
- Dog Catcher (debut)
Dora and Boots enter a video game to save 100 puppies from a dog catcher, so they get help with a puppy by finding 100 keys get pass the dog catcher and rescue the puppies.
Dora shows the viewer her new video-game called "Save the Puppies", a game featuring multiple puppies getting caught put inside the doggy cages by the dog catcher, until he misses one, which jumps out of the game. The puppy then warns Dora and Boots about the 100 puppies trapped in the doggy cages and jump into the video game. They ask Map where to go to find the puppies, and he says that they have to go through the doghouse and down dog-bone river to get to the doggy cages, with them having to find 100 red keys along the way. Dora, Boots and Puppy got going and caught stars, including Saltador, a super-jumping explorer star. After finding multiple keys, Dora & Boots reach the doghouse. Dora & Boots had to crawl like puppies to get inside. Once there, they had to figure out which door to go through. They go through multiple doors, but Dora cannot close the last door, so the viewer shouts "cierra". After finding even more keys, Dora & Boots got going again with Puppy and reached to the Dog-bone River. They ride in a doggy-paddle boat, which is activated by barking a tune. They get across the Dog-bone river, when the dogcatcher pursuing them. Puppy, Dora & Boots reach the doggy cages but needed to find 10 more keys to save all 100 puppies. There was a red box next to the doggy cages. Since the box was very large, Saltador gives Dora, Boots and Puppy some extra jumping power, so they super-jump three times to open the box. All 100 keys came out and unlocked a cage freeing all the puppies, leaving the dog catcher shocked and thinking that being a dogcatcher wasn't any fun and deciding to be a mailman. Dora and Boots won the game! "Yip, Yip, Hooray!" they cheered as the race down the hill with all 101 puppies and they were so happy to be back home. "WOOF WOOF!" the puppies barked happily.
Places in this episode
- Dog-Bone River
- Doggy Cages
- Map stands on the top right of the picture map instead of on the top left and the places are changed around too.
- This is the second episode where Backpack was not used at all, the first being The Lost City.
- This is the 60th episode of the show.
- Diego and Baby Jaguar don't appear in this episode.
- This episode premiered exactly 1 year after "Super Map!" premiered.
- Even though Benny, Tico, Isa, and Swiper do not appear in this episode, the dog catcher takes place as the antagonist.
- It is unknown how the Fiesta Trio got into the video game.
- When Map sings part of the I'm The Map song, the Fiesta Trio doesn't sing with him this time.
- As soon as Dora and Boots exit the doghouse, the dog catcher was almost going to catch Dora with his net since she's the last one to get out despite her not being a dog but she got out right away just in case he did.
- Dora and Boots don't sing the Travel Song in this episode, they instead sing about saving the puppies and looking for red keys.
- The We Did It! song from this episode is featured in the Dora the Explorer CD album.
- This is the second episode where Dora and Boots count to 3 before jumping into something.
- Although there was star catching in this episode, Map does not mention anything about it. He instead mentions about the 100 red keys Dora and Boots had to search for to save 100 puppies.
- This is the ninth episode where Dora and Boots returned to where they started from after reaching the final place on the map, something that happened in Three Little Piggies, Big River, Berry Hunt, The Chocolate Tree, El Día De Las Madres, Click!, A Present for Santa and School Pet.
- This is the second episode to be written by Christine Ricci, first being School Pet. But this time, she’s listed as just Christine Ricci instead of "Christine Ricci Ph. D".
- Unlike other episodes that feature star-catching, Map mentions nothing about catching stars.
- iTunes lists this episode as "Save the Puppies". The exclamation point is left out.
Number of stars
|Dora the Explorer Season 3|
|Dora Had a Little Lamb | Star Catcher | Meet Diego! | Stuck Truck | Roberto the Robot | The Big Potato | Rescue, Rescue, Rescue! | Save the Puppies! | ¡Por Favor! | What Happens Next? | The Fix-it Machine | Baby Dino | Baseball Boots | Boots' Special Day | To the South Pole | Journey to the Purple Planet | Boo! | Dora Saves the Game | Dora's Pirate Adventure | The Super Silly Fiesta | Boots' Cuddly Dinosaur | Job Day | Louder! | ABC Animals|