|Airdate||Monday, May 19, 2003|
|Written by|| Denise Dorn|
|Directed by||George Chialtas|
|Next||Whose Birthday is It?|
Dora and Boots jump in a coloring book to help a lost baby duckling return to its family.
Dora and Boots were inside Dora's house coloring in their coloring book. They were about to color a picture of Mommy Duck's eggs and grass. They get out a green crayon to color the grass green. Now, Dora & Boots had to color the eggs. There were 5 of them. Boots decides to color the eggs red. He did so using a red crayon. After coloring in the picture, the coloring book came to life. The eggs hatched one at a time going horizontally from right to left. But as the last egg was about to hatch, a wind cloud blows the last through several pages of the coloring book. Mami Duck was in shock. Dora and Boots had to find the missing egg. They flip through several pages going backwards to see where the wind blew the egg. They find it and as the last egg hatched. Baby Duck jumps out but didn't know that the wind blew the egg and gets separated from his family and he cries.
Dora & Boots decides to jump into their coloring book to help Baby Duck get back to his family. Boots tries to cheer up Baby Duck by making his monkey sounds. He smiles but then he shivers because the sun isn't colored in. Dora and Boots had to color in the sun so Baby Duck can get warm but the problem was that Dora and Boots didn't bring their crayons with them as they jumped in the book. Luckily, Dora has a another set of crayons in a box in Backpack. After getting them, they had to choose the correct crayon to color in the sun. They choose a yellow crayon to color in the sun. After that, it started to warm up. Baby Duck then says that he really wants his mami. Dora & Boots are determined to get Baby Duck home to his mami. They check Map for assistance. Map asks the viewer if he or she sees Baby Duck's family and a blue cursor clicks on Mami Duck and Map saw that she was at the duck pond and is worried about her baby ducky. Map tells her not to worry and says that Dora, Boots can help bring Baby Duck home. Now before they can get there, they had to go through the market, over a rainbow colored bridge. Dora, Boots and Baby Duck get going.
Along the way, Baby Duck wanders ahead. Dora saw that Baby Duck was heading right for a puddle. Dora and Boots get in front of Baby Duck and Dora said "para" for ¨stop¨ to get Baby Duck to stop. Baby Duck did so and went around the puddle and wandered ahead again. Boots saw that Baby Duck was heading right for a hole this time. The viewer told him "para". Baby Duck stops and then he goes around the hole and Baby Duck wanders ahead again. Dora saw that Baby Duck was heading towards the steps. A butterfly flies past him. They stop Baby Duck by saying "para" one more time. Dora, Boots and Baby Duck had to go down the steps but the problem was that it's not all colored in. Boots studies the steps and realized that the steps are purple. A purple crayon colors the rest of the steps. Baby Duck tries to go down the steps on his own but he falls on his tush. Dora picks up Baby Duck and she, Boots and Baby Duck went down the steps together.
Dora, Boots and Baby Duck enter the market. But then, Baby Duck wanders off in the market. Dora & Boots didn't know where Baby Duck was. Dora calls out: "patito" while Boots calls out: "Baby Duck" and went searching for him. Baby Duck calls out. Dora & Boots saw 4 baskets of different colors. 4 different animals made their sounds. Dora & Boots heard a "woof woof" in a red basket, a "quack-quack" in the green basket, a "meow-meow" in a blue basket and a "ribbit-ribbit" in a yellow basket. The viewer finds Baby Duck in the green basket. After that Dora & Boots saw that a dog was in the red basket, a cat was in the blue basket and the frog was in the yellow basket. After that, Baby Duck had a problem, it was too high for him to jump down. Luckily, there was a ladder nearby. But the ladder wasn't colored in. Dora & Boots list the colored crayons in order going horizontally from left to right. They had a red, purple, yellow, green, and blue crayon. They decided to use a little of each crayon to color the ladder. Sure enough, the ladder is colored in and Boots climbs to the rescue. He rescues Baby Duck and brings him down to the ground.
After Dora, Boots and Baby Duck got through the market, they continued on the path and saw a Popsicle Cart. It said "¡Paletas, paletas! Get your popsicles right here!". Dora, Boots and Baby Duck decide they should each get a popsicle. All they had to do is color them in to get the flavor they want. Dora wants to get Baby Duck a strawberry popsicle. A red crayon colors the first popsicle red for strawberry. Boots wanted a banana popsicle. A yellow crayon colors the 2nd popsicle yellow for banana. Dora wanted to get herself a blueberry popsicle. A blue crayon colors the 3rd popsicle blue for blueberry. After coloring the popsicles, they noticed an orange tail sticking out. Swiper the Fox was nearby. They stop Swiper by saying "Swiper no Swiping" three times and he runs away. After stopping Swiper, Dora, Boots and Baby Duck finish eating their popsicles. Then they threw their Popsicle sticks into the waste bin and wave goodbye to Popsicle Cart. Dora, Boots and Baby Duck reach Rainbow Bridge. Suddenly a rain cloud comes and washes away all the colors. Dora, Boots and Baby Duck had to recolor in the bridge. Suddenly, a rainbow appears. Dora, Boots and Baby Duck had to look at the colors on the rainbow and figure out what colors to use on the bridge. The rainbow went in this order: red, yellow, green, blue, purple going vertically from top to bottom. Each crayon took their turn to match the colors that were on the rainbow so they can match those colors to use on the bridge.
After coloring its corresponding colored stripes on the bridge, Dora, Boots and Baby Duck went across Rainbow Bridge. So far Dora, Boots and Baby Duck went past the market, and across Rainbow Bridge were getting close to the duck pond. They got there in no time. Baby Duck jumps into the pond and paddles his way across. And soon, Baby Duck was home and gives his mami a hug. Baby Duck was back together with his family. The duck family told Dora & Boots "thank you" in Spanish.
Places in this episode
- Purple Steps
- Popsicle Cart
Listen to the sounds
- Dog in the red basket
- Baby Duck in the green basket
- Cat in the blue basket
- Frog in the yellow basket
Items in Backpack (clockwise from the top right)
- Box of Crayons (correct item)
- Broad-Brim hat with a flower at the front
- Yellow flower with blue petals
- Soccer Ball
This episode can be found on DVD titled "Dora's Christmas!" and on "Nickelodeon: Let's Learn Colors!".
- Dora and Boots color in their coloring book they just jumped into.
- It is unknown how Swiper and the Fiesta Trio got into the coloring book. It is possible that they went into the book while no one was looking, but they could not have just walked into Dora's House and jumped in.
- This is the last episode where Swiper is 9 years old because he celebrates his birthday in the next episode.
- This is the first episode to find Little Star.
- Benny, Tico, and Isa do not appear in this episode.
- Dora and Boots only sing the Travel Song once and the Fiesta Trio doesn't jump and yell out the last place they're going after saying "where are we going?". Dora and Boots say it instead.
- This is the first episode where Dora and Boots count to 3 before jumping in a book. In earlier episodes when they do that, they say "Whee!".
- Map doesn't sing the full version of the I'm the Map song, he only sings part of it and neither does Backpack sing the full version of her Backpack, Backpack song.
- At the end of this episode, the Blue Cursor doesn't click on Dora, it instead clicks on the coloring book and technically Mami Duck in it.
- The eggs should not have been colored red. In real life, eggs are white or brown. However, since it is a coloring book, Dora and Boots decided to make them red instead of just leaving them white because they probably never seen red eggs before and wanted to see that for the first time, anything is possible.
- During the Travel Song, Boots' three hairs shrink down in a few frames when he and Dora list the places they're going.
- The rainbow and the rainbow bridge did not have orange and indigo stripes, the two colors that rainbows also have in real life.
|Dora the Explorer Season 2|
|The Big Storm | The Magic Stick | The Missing Piece | Rojo the Fire Truck | Lost Squeaky | Doctor Dora | The Golden Explorers | El Día De Las Madres | Lost Map | Pinto, the Pony Express | The Big Piñata | The Happy Old Troll | Super Map! | Click! | ¡Rápido, Tico! | A Present For Santa | A Letter for Swiper | Dora, La Músico | Egg Hunt | Super Spies | To the Monkey Bars | Hide and Go Seek | School Pet | Quack! Quack! | Whose Birthday is It? | The Lost City | León, the Circus Lion|