|Pinto, the Pony Express|
|Airdate||Wednesday, September 18, 2002 (Nickelodeon)|
Tuesday, April 22, 2003 (Early versions of VHS and DVD)
Tuesday, October 7, 2003 (Later versions of VHS and DVD)
|Written by||Ashley Mendoza|
|Directed by||Sherie Pollack|
|Next||The Big Piñata|
Pinto, the Pony Express is the 10th episode of Dora the Explorer from Season 2.
Giddyap! Cowgirl Dora and Cowboy Boots are ridin' Pinto the Pony Express to deliver a special package of cowboy cookies to Benny the Bull. But they'll have to wrangle up some help from the viewer 'cause there's another cowboy out on the range who wants those cowboy cookies: Swiper the Fox! Saddle up for one wild ride with Cowgirl Dora! Yee-hawww!
Dora is dressed as a cowgirl and Boots is dressed as a cowboy and together, they ride on Pinto the Pony. Val the Octopus told Cowgirl Dora and Cowboy Boots that she wants them to deliver a special delivery. Val the Octopus had a sack filled with cowboy cookies. Val warned the cowpokes that Swiper really loves cowboy cookies and will be after them for the whole trip. Cowpokes Dora and Boots were up to the challenge and wanted to make sure that they can deliver the cowboy cookies to Benny. The cowpokes headed off and then they didn't know where to find Benny. So, they asked Map for assistance. Map said that Benny is at his barn. But before they can get there, Map says that they had to go through the gold tunnel and past rattlesnake rocks. Dora and Boots are ready to deliver the cookies to Benny. They rode Pinto the pony through the range. But as they were on their way to the gold tunnel, they saw a cactus that moves. Dora and Boots realized that someone was in the cactus suit. It was Swiper the fox. They stop Swiper and he said to himself as he was running away that he really wanted those cookies. Dora and Boots reached the gold tunnel and saw Isa the iguana. They told Isa that they had to go through the gold tunnel. Isa told Dora and Boots that it was dark in the tunnel. Dora searches in her backpack for something they can see in the dark. Backpack had a lantern and that is what Cowgirl Dora and Cowboy Boots need to get through the gold tunnel. Isa told them that they had to follow the 7 gold stones. Dora and Boots entered the gold tunnel and counted the 7 gold stones. After that, a giant rock moves over and the cowpokes made it through the gold tunnel. Dora puts away the lantern in her backpack. The Fiesta Trio played a fanfare as the cowpokes completed the first task. Boots' cowboy hat gets away but he catches it with his tail and puts his hat back on his head. Dora and Boots climbed back onto Pinto the pony and started making their way to the 2nd place which was Rattlesnake Rocks. Dora and Boots had to watch out for Swiper. Dora and Boots stopped Swiper again. Dora and Boots rode Pinto the pony and then Boots saw a cliff up ahead. Pinto skids to a stop and the sack of cowboy cookies fly away. Dora decides to use her silver lasso to catch the cookies. Dora twirls the lasso and threw it around the sack. Dora pulls the sack back up and then they put it back into the saddle pocket. Dora and Boots got going again with Pinto. Suddenly, they approached Rattlesnake Rocks. Pinto slowed down and the cowpokes had to be careful not to step on any rattlesnakes. Dora and Boots told the rattlesnakes "para" so the rattlesnakes can stop. They pass through 5 rattlesnakes. After that, Cowgirl Dora urged Pinto to giddy-up and then Cowgirl Dora and Cowboy Boots finish going through Rattlesnake Rocks. Dora and Boots lifted their western hats going "Yee-haw!" and Pinto gallops along to Benny's barn. Then, the cowpokes climbed off Pinto and started looking for Benny the bull. Benny was playing his harmonica. He then goes outside and then Dora and Boots told him that they rode Pinto the pony to give him a special delivery. Benny was excited that he got his cowboy cookies. Benny thanks Dora, Boots, and Pinto. Suddenly, Swiper was nearby again. Dora, Boots and Benny stopped Swiper once more and he ran again. Benny decided to share his cowboy cookies with his friends. Dora got one shaped like a star; Boots got one shaped like a cowboy boot; Pinto got one shaped like a horseshoe; and Benny got one shaped like a cowboy hat. They each took a few bites of their cowboy cookies. When Benny looked in the bag, he realized there was one cowboy cookie left, which was shaped like a cactus. Benny though of something very nice: since Swiper really loves cowboy cookies, he decided to give the last cowboy cookie to him. The problem was that Swiper is far away, so Dora, Boots and Benny had to call out to him as loud as they could. Sure enough, Swiper comes out of hiding behind a cactus. Benny gives the cowboy cookie to Swiper and he ate it. He was very happy and he cheered "Yip-yap-yippe!", several times.
Places in this episode
- Dora, Boots, Map, Swiper, and Isa are dress as cowpokes in this episode.
- Benny, Backpack, and the Fiesta Trio are the only characters not wearing any cowpoke outfits.
- Tico does not appear in this episode.
- It is unknown how Swiper, the Fiesta Trio and Isa got to the Wild West.
- This is the first episode Boots stands behind the picture pop-up sequence with Dora.
- This is Pinto's first appearance.
- This is the second episode where Dora and Boots stop Swiper 3 times, first being Grandma's House, and unlike the aforementioned episode, they have always stopped him by saying "Swiper, no swiping!" the whole time without even stopping him in other ways.
- When Swiper was stopped the first two times, he did not say "Oh man!", he instead says "Aww man!".
- This is the 36th episode of the show.
- Despite Boots calling Dora "Cowgirl Dora" a lot in this episode, she doesn't call him "Cowboy Boots", she still calls him by his real name like usual. Similarly, Map did not call himself "Cowboy Map" as well as Swiper not being called "Cowboy Swiper", nor Isa being called "Cowgirl Isa", they are instead called by their real names.
- This is the second episode Swiper technically plays a major role, due to him wanting to swipe Benny's cowboy cookies and Dora, Boots, and Benny wanting to share one of the cowboy cookies with him.
- This episode premiered exactly 2 years after Treasure Island premiered (in current airings).
- Dora and Boots sing the Travel Song twice.
- Map is seen wearing a cowboy hat in this episode.
- This is the first episode where Dora and Boots are not in their casual outfits from the beginning to the end of the episode (excluding the theme song and the credits).
- This is the first episode Swiper is technically somehow on his good side, when Dora, Boots, and Benny gave him a cowboy cookie, but he is mostly on his bad side when he tries to swipe the cookies, but he was still happy that he finally got a cowboy cookie and cheers "Yip-yap-yippee!" because of Dora, Boots, and Benny being nice to him. However, he did not say "Thank you" after that.
- It is unknown how Swiper got to Benny's Barn when he appeared the third time. He also somehow got there in Doctor Dora.
|Dora the Explorer Season 2|
|The Big Storm | The Magic Stick | The Missing Piece | Rojo the Fire Truck | Lost Squeaky | Doctor Dora | The Golden Explorers | El Día De Las Madres | Lost Map | Pinto, the Pony Express | The Big Piñata | The Happy Old Troll | Super Map! | Click! | ¡Rápido, Tico! | A Present For Santa | A Letter for Swiper | Dora, La Música | Egg Hunt | Super Spies | To the Monkey Bars | Hide and Go Seek | School Pet | Quack! Quack! | Whose Birthday is It? | The Lost City | León, the Circus Lion|