|Airdate||Monday, September 16, 2002 (Nick Jr.)|
Tuesday, February 4, 2003 (VHS and DVD)
|Written by|| Eric Weiner|
|Directed by||George Chialtas|
|Previous||El Día De Las Madres|
|Next||Pinto, the Pony Express|
- Fiesta Trio
- Tallest Mountain (debut)
- Mami Bugga Bugga
- Big Silly Bird (debut)
Map is taken by a big silly bird who thinks he is a stick, so Dora and Boots must make their own map and head to the Tallest Mountain in order to rescue Map.
Dora and Boots are on a far hill away from three mountains. Dora introduces her friend, Backpack. She then hints another friend who lives inside Backpack. Someone who is very helpful and can be asked for help when she and Boots do not know where to go. Dora asks the viewer(s) who that is. Shortly after, Map pops out and sings a little verse of his song. He then jumps out on the ground and asks the viewer(s) to sing with him. Dora and Boots join in as well. After they sing, Map jumps on a log and declares everyone should take a bow. Dora and Boots applaud and begin to laugh. Meanwhile in the distance of the three mountains, a big bird swoops down behind the log Map was on. Whilst sing his song once more, the bird picks up three little sticks, then sees Map and somehow mistakes him for a big stick so he takes him away to the Tallest Mountain. Dora and Boots give chase but fail. Map tells them he and the bird are flying to Tallest Mountain. Dora asks how they will be able to get there, and Map responds with "You just have to make your own map...!" as he flew away in the distance. Boots asks Dora how they would make their own map. Luckily, Dora has an art box with five yellow stars in Backpack. With the help of the viewer(s), they find the box and Dora opens the box to find crayons and paper. The two walk over to the highest part of their hill to see the view that is their quest. Dora draws three pictures on her paper. One was of the Butterfly Garden close to the hill, next, a cornfield, and then the tallest mountain. Dora holds out the paper to Boots and starts naming the places. It is clear what they have to do; they have to go to Tallest Mountain to get back the Map. So the quest begins. Once they enter the Butterfly Garden, they see a sign that can help them get through, they have to follow blue butterflies with yellow polka dots. They flap their arms like a butterfly, but the butterfly disappeared. Boots asked the viewer(s) where it went. It was hiding in the log. They went through it to follow it. As they exit the garden, all the butterflies waved goodbye with their wings. Now they have to go through the cornfield. Along the way, they stop Swiper from swiping their map. After that, they enter the cornfield. There is another sign to help them. It says they need to go through the paths without run into mean red ants. The safest way to get through is to take the red, blue, and green path. They can't take the yellow, orange, or purple paths because it has mean red ants. Dora and Boots memorize the colors and off they went. First they have to take the red path. All of a sudden, the mean red ants are chasing them. Next, they need to take the blue path. Finally, they take the green path. In no time, they made it through the cornfield and got away from the mean red ants. They're getting closer and closer to rescuing the map. They just have to get to the Tallest Mountain. There is a tall, a taller, and of course, they found Tallest Mountain. Boots says hello to Tallest Mountain and Dora says they are here to rescue the map. The mountain hopes they find him, but also warns them that they must be careful while climbing because she's very, very tickliesh. She is not kidding. They try to be careful not to tickle the Mountain, but they climbed too fast, causing Tallest Mountain to laugh so hard that watermelons roll towards Tico, Boots, Dora and then the viewer(s) They have to jump over the watermelons. Once it's the viewer's turn, he/she had to stand up to jump. They did so and in no time, Dora and Boots made it to the top of the mountain. The silly bird realizes that Map is really a map and not a stick. He apologizes to Map and gave him back to Dora and Boots. They give him a hug and showed him the map they made, and he loves it! He reviewed what Dora, Boots and the viewer(s) did. They went through Butterfly Garden, though the Cornfield, and that's how they found him on the Tallest Mountain. Dora has a big surprise for Backpack and explained to her that they rescued Map. She was so excited for her and Map back together again and so were Dora and Boots.
Places in episode
Items in Backpack (clockwise starting from the top right)
- Box with one yellow stars
- Box with four yellow stars
- Box with five yellow stars (correct item)
- Box with three yellow stars
- This episode, along with Super Map!, can be seen in the VHS and DVD, Map Adventures.
- It is also seen on the Let’s Explore: Dora's Greatest Adventures DVD along with Hide and Go Seek, Journey to the Purple Planet, Rescue, Rescue, Rescue!, Star Catcher, Star Mountain, Boots to the Rescue, and Swiper the Explorer.
- Dora and Boots had to make their own map to get back the old map.
- This is the first episode without the 3 picture pop-up sequence.
- This episode paves the way for Season 4, where Dora and Boots check Map multiple times instead of using the 3 picture pop-up sequence. However, unlike Map in Season 4 (and Dora in later seasons), red checkmarks are not placed each time they complete a location. The first episode with red checkmarks is Dora's Fairytale Adventure.
- At the beginning of the end credits, Map is white. The error with Map swapping colors in the beginning of Baby Blue Bird's Character Find is fixed. This will also occur in "We're a Team!".
- When Dora and Boots list the places they are going during the Travel Song, the background is taken from Lost Squeaky.
- This episode is among the first four episodes to be featured on DVD.
- This is the first episode to be released on a Dora the Explorer-themed DVD. However, due to the Nick Jr. Holidays DVD released on September 24, 2002, the actual first Dora the Explorer episode to be released onto DVD in general is "A Present for Santa".
- This is the 35th episode of the show.
- Isa and Benny do not appear in this episode.
- This is the first episode in which Dora and Boots don't use Map to help them.
- Since Map is gone away, Dora talks like him saying "[Places to go], say it with me!" Boots also does so by saying "...and that's how we get to [destination]!"
- Tico is already at Tallest Mountain for some reason, most likely picking watermelons.
- Dora and Boots climb up Tallest Mountain without any problems.
- At the end of the adventure, Map replicates his sequence when Dora places down the Replacement Map.
- The voice actress of Tallest Mountain is Khaliah Adams.
- Map is technically still a stick considering paper is made from wood.
- Dora and Boots don't sing the I'm The Map song before saying the places they are supposed to go like Map always does with their new map they made and he does not sing it either since he is accidentally taken away by the big bird. However, they do sing it before the bird came. In addition, Map doesn't sing it before he replicates his sequence, he just does it right away.
- The Travel Song is sung twice in this episode.
- When Dora asks the viewer to help stop Swiper, the replacement map somehow has Map's color palette instead of its original paper white. After Dora and Boots stop Swiper, it has returned to its original color.
- Dora places down the map for Map to recreate his segment near the last few minutes of the episode, but when Map finished, the replacement copy disappeared off of Tallest Mountain. It is unknown what happened to it afterwards.
- In the We Did It song, Boots has a line that goes, "We counted coconuts and jumped over watermelons", but nowhere in the adventure did they count coconuts, but however they did jump over watermelons when climbing Tallest Mountain.
- This appears to be the only time where the "We Did It" song features an action Dora and Boots did not do in the episode, excluding the episode Best Friends, in which the "We Did It" song features all the things Dora and Boots did together.
|Dora the Explorer Season 2|
|The Big Storm | The Magic Stick | The Missing Piece | Rojo the Fire Truck | Lost Squeaky | Doctor Dora | The Golden Explorers | El Día De Las Madres | Lost Map | Pinto, the Pony Express | The Big Piñata | The Happy Old Troll | Super Map! | Click! | ¡Rápido, Tico! | A Present For Santa | A Letter for Swiper | Dora, La Músico | Egg Hunt | Super Spies | To the Monkey Bars | Hide and Go Seek | School Pet | Quack! Quack! | Whose Birthday is It? | The Lost City | León, the Circus Lion|