|Airdate||September 16, 2002 (TV)
February 4, 2003 (VHS and DVD)
|Written by|| Eric Weiner|
|Directed by||George Chialtas|
|Previous||El Día De Las Madres|
|Next||Pinto, the Pony Express|
Map is stolen by a bird who thinks Map is a stick, so Dora and Boots make their own map and must head to the Tallest Mountain in order to save Map.
Dora and Boots are on a far hill away three mountains. Dora introduces her friend, Backpack and hints another friend that lives inside Backpack. Dora asks the viewer(s) who that is. Shortly after, Map pops out and sings a little verse of his song. He then jumps out on the ground and asks the viewer(s) to sing with him. Dora and Boots join in as well. After they sing, Map jumps on a log and declares everyone should take a bow. Dora and Boots applaud and begin to laugh. Meanwhile in the distance of the three mountains, a big bird swoops down behind the log Map was on. Whilst sing his song once more, the bird picks up three little sticks, then sees Map and somehow mistakes him for a big stick so he takes him away to the Tallest Mountain. Dora and Boots give chase but fail. Map tells them he and the bird are flying to Tallest Mountain. Dora asks how will they get to the Tallest Mountain, and Map responds with "You'll just have to make your own map...!" as he flew away in the distance. Boots asks Dora how they would make their own map. Luckily, Dora has an art box with five yellow stars in Backpack. With the help of the viewer(s), they find the box and Dora opens the box to find crayons and paper. The two walk over to the highest part of their hill to see the view that is their quest. Dora draws three pictures on her paper. One was of the Butterfly Garden close to the hill, next, a cornfield, and then a tall mountain. Dora holds out the paper to Boots and starts naming the places. It is clear what they have to do; they have to go to Tallest Mountain to get back the Map. So the quest begins. Once they enter the Butterfly Garden, they see a sign that can help them get through, they have to follow blue butterflies with yellow polka dots. They flap their arms like a butterfly, but the butterfly disappeared. Boots asked the viewer(s) where it went. It was hiding in the log. They went through it to follow it. As they exit the garden, all the butterflies waved goodbye with their wings. Now they have to go through the cornfield. Along the way, they stop Swiper from swiping their map. After that, they enter the cornfield. There is another sign to help them. It says they need to go through the paths without run into mean red ants. The safest way to get through is to take the red, blue, and green path. They can't take the yellow, orange, or purple paths because it has mean red ants. In no time, they made it through the cornfield. They're getting closer and closer to rescuing the map. Boots says hello to Tallest Mountain and Dora says they are here to rescue the map. The mountain hopes they find him, but also warns them that they must be careful while climbing because she's very, very tickliesh. She was not kidding. They try to be careful not to tickle the Mountain, but they climbed too fast, causing Tallest Mountain to laugh so hard that watermelons roll towards Tico, Boots, Dora and then the viewer(s) They have to jump over the watermelons. Once it's the viewer's turn, he/she had to stand up to jump. They did so and in no time, Dora and Boots made it to the top of the mountain. The silly bird realizes that Map is really a map and not a stick. He apologizes to Map and gave him back to Dora and Boots. They give him a hug and showed him the Map they made, and he loves it! He reviewed what Dora, Boots and the viewer(s) did. They went through Butterfly Garden, though the Cornfield, and that's how they found him on the Tallest Mountain. Dora has a big surprise for Backpack and explained to her that they rescued Map. She was so excited to have Map together again and so were Dora and Boots.
Places in episode
- This episode, along with Super Map!, can be seen in the VHS and DVD, Map Adventures.
- It is also seen on the Let’s Explore: Dora's Greatest Adventures DVD along with Hide and Go Seek, Journey to the Purple Planet, Rescue, Rescue, Rescue!, Star Catcher, Star Mountain, Boots to the Rescue, and Swiper the Explorer.
- Dora and Boots had to make their own map to get back the old map.
- There is no 3 picture pop-up sequence.
- At the beginning of the end credits, Map is white.
- This also occurred in this episode: "We're a Team!".
- This episode is among the first four episodes to be featured on DVD.
- This is the first episode to be on DVD.
- This is the 35th episode of the show.
- Isa and Benny do not appear in this episode.
- This is the first episode in which Dora and Boots don't use Map to help them.
- Dora acts as a fake Map saying "[Places to go], say it with me!" Boots also does so by saying "...and that's how we get to [destination]!"
- This episode paves the way for Season 4 where Dora and Boots check Map multiple times and do not use the 3 picture pop-up sequence. However, unlike Map in Season 4 and Dora in later seasons, checkmarks are not placed after the characters' pass a location.
- Tico is already at Tallest Mountain for some reason, most likely picking watermelons.
- Dora and Boots climb up Tallest Mountain without any problems.
- At the end of the adventure, Map replicates his sequence when Dora places down the Replacement Map.
- The voice actress of Tallest Mountain is Khaliah Adams.
- Map is technically still a stick considering paper is made from wood.
- Dora and Boots don't sing the I'm The Map song before saying the places they are supposed to go like Map always does with their new map they made and he does not sing it either since he is accidentally taken away by the big bird.
- The Travel Song is sung twice in this episode.
- When Dora asks the viewer to help stop Swiper, the replacement map somehow has Map's color palette instead of its original paper white. After Dora and Boots stop Swiper, it has returned to its original color.
- Dora places down the map for Map to recreate his segment near the last few minutes of the episode, but when Map finished, the replacement copy disappeared off of Tallest Mountain. It is unknown what happened to it afterwards.
- In the We Did It song, Boots has a line that goes, "We counted coconuts and jumped over watermelons", but nowhere in the adventure did they count coconuts, but however they did jump over watermelons when climbing Tallest Mountain.
- This appears to be the only time where the "We Did It" song features an action Dora and Boots did not do in the episode, excluding the episode Best Friends, in which the "We Did It" song features all the things Dora and Boots did together.
|Dora the Explorer Season 2|
|The Big Storm | The Magic Stick | The Missing Piece | Rojo the Fire Truck | Lost Squeaky | Doctor Dora | The Golden Explorers | El Día De Las Madres | Lost Map | Pinto, the Pony Express | The Big Piñata | The Happy Old Troll | Super Map! | Click! | ¡Rápido, Tico! | A Present For Santa | A Letter for Swiper | Dora, La Músico | Egg Hunt | Super Spies | To the Monkey Bars | Hide and Go Seek | School Pet | Quack! Quack! | Whose Birthday is It? | The Lost City | León, the Circus Lion|