This article is about the episode. For the character of the same name, click here.
|Airdate||Monday, January 22, 2001 (Nick Jr.)|
Monday, May 21, 2001 (Nickelodeon)
Tuesday, June 5, 2001 (VHS)
|Written by|| Eric Weiner|
|Directed by||Ken Kessel|
|Next||Dora Saves the Prince|
- Fiesta Trio
- Grumpy Old Troll
- Moon (debut)
- Little Star (debut)
- Comet (debut)
Dora and Boots must bring Little Star back into the sky after a runaway comet accidentally knocks her out.
Dora and Boots were outside at night looking at the moon and next to it was Little Star who happened to be the first star in the sky. The problem is that they can't see Little Star because she's far away, so get a telescope out of Backpack to get a better look. As they look through it to see them, Dora and Boots make a wish on the star, but before they could finish, a comet comes out of nowhere and knocks Little Star out of the sky. Dora and Boots later find her crying and they sing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" to cheer her up. As soon as she heard the song, she stopped crying and swayed from side to side. After the song, Dora and Boots introduced themselves to Little Star. Now, she had to get back into the sky with the moon so that everyone can make their wishes. Dora and Boots decided to help. There was one problem: they do not where the moon is, so they ask the Map for help and he said that the moon is above a tall mountain. Before they can get there, they had to cross the troll bridge and go past Tico's Treehouse. As Dora, Boots and Little Star approach the troll bridge, the troll had a riddle. It went like this: "Star light, Star bright, can you see the stars so bright? Star light, star bright, how many stars are here tonight?", so they had to count stars. At first, they counted ten stars, but later realized that they forgot to count Little Star. So they did a recount. They count all the stars, including Little Star which makes a total of eleven. Now they can cross the bridge. As Dora, Boots and Little Star made it to Tico's treehouse, Tico was wondering where Little Star was and Dora says that she and Boots are on their way to bring her home. Suddenly, Swiper appears and tosses Little Star up in the tree. Tico climbs up to rescue Little Star by jumping over branches. After that, he goes back down with Little Star. So far, Dora, Boots, and Little Star went across the Troll Bridge and past Tico's treehouse. Now they have to go to the Tall Mountain. Once they climbed up, the Moon told Little Star to hurry because it was getting late. Sure enough, Boots had an idea, he thought he and Dora can throw Little Star back up into the night sky with the moon. With help from the viewer, they all cupped their hands and counted to three. "One, two, three!" they counted and up Little Star goes. She made it all the way back to the moon. The episode ends with Dora, Boots and their friends making their wishes on the star. Little Star made her own wish after that: she wishes everyone's wishes come true.
Places in this episode
- Troll Bridge
- Tico's Tree
- Tall Mountain
Items in Backpack (clockwise starting from the top right)
- Blue crayon
- Telescope (correct item)
- This is the first episode for the setting to set to night.
- This Dora and Boots' 4th time to meet Grumpy Old Troll and the only time where Little Star goes over the troll bridge.
- This is the first episode to premiere in 2001, 21st century, and the 3rd millennium.
- Although this episode premiered in 2001, it was actually produced in 2000 according to the credits.
- Unlike other episodes, Swiper tells the viewer where he hid Little Star. He said he hid her somewhere in Tico's Tree. This will happen again in ABC Animals where he tells the viewer where he hid something.
- A picture of Dora and Boots bringing Little Star back home to the moon will later be seen in the Season 2 episode "To the Monkey Bars".
- This is the 19th episode of the show.
- This is one of the few episodes to premiere on Nick instead of Nick Jr.
- This is the 2nd episode that is the same name as the character.
- This is the 3rd episode where the Fiesta Trio don't say the last place after Dora and Boots ask "Where are we going?" during the Travel Song. Instead, Little Star says it.
- The We Did It! Song from this episode is featured in Dance and Sing! The Best of Nick Jr.
- When Tico made his wish to Little Star ("Quiero muchas nueces" (Spanish for "I want lots and lots of nuts")), the audio is taken from Wizzle Wishes.
- At the beginning of the credits, Map is blue.
- Although Little Star is female, she was referred to as a male at the beginning of the episode.
- It is unknown how the picture of Dora and Boots bringing Little Star home (shown in To the Monkey Bars) was in Dora's photo album when there was actually no one taking the picture.
- In the episodes The Big Storm and A Letter for Swiper, Tico actually lives in a tree in the Nutty Forest. It is unknown if he lives in multiple trees or if the treehouse is just a place where he sleeps.
Baby Blue Bird
Señor Tucán (VHS and DVD Only)
|Dora the Explorer Season 1|
|The Legend of the Big Red Chicken | Lost and Found | Hic-Boom-Ohhh! | Beaches | We All Scream for Ice Cream | Choo-Choo! | Treasure Island | Three Little Piggies | Big River | Berry Hunt | Wizzle Wishes | Grandma's House | Surprise! | Sticky Tape | Bouncing Ball | Backpack! | Fish Out of Water | Bugga Bugga | Little Star | Dora Saves the Prince | El Coquí | The Chocolate Tree | Te Amo | Pablo's Flute | To The Treehouse | Call Me Mr. Riddles|