|León, the Circus Lion|
|Airdate||Monday, July 14, 2003|
|Previous||The Lost City|
|Next||Dora Had a Little Lamb|
Dora and Boots encounter a lion named León, who wants to join the circus.
Dora and Boots can hear the circus train. There was a monkey juggling 3 balls, 2 elephants, 2 clowns and a group of animals playing in the band. They also see a lion named León. He tells Dora and Boots he wanted to join the circus and be a circus lion. He gets out from the circus bag, of the ten hot dogs. He juggles with him and eats them all up one by one. Dora tells León that he should join the circus. So, they had to find the circus train. They find it and found out it was heading to the circus tent which was very far away. Map gives them directions on how to get there. He tells them that they have to swing on 3 different swings in the swinging forest and cross a tightrope bridge to get to the circus tent. Dora, Boots and León head off to the swinging forest. It was so far away. Luckily, León had a unicycle in his blue circus bag. He picks up Dora and Boots and give them a ride. But, he was not going very fast. León asked the viewer to help him peddle. With some help, they got to the swinging forest. León gets on the swings while Dora and Boots hold to him. They had to reach the next swing when it is right towards them. Once the swings, were close to the swing they were on, they got through the swinging forest. Dora, Boots and León had to figure out where to go next. They went through the swinging forest. Now, they had to go across tightrope bridge. And off they went. León gets out his juggling balls and his hula hoop. He was able to spin the hula hoop around his waist and balance balls on the tips of his paws and on his nose. Suddenly, they hear Swiper the fox. Swiper was hanging low on a vine trying to swipe León's circus toys. He swipes them and throws them far away. Then, he runs away with a sinister laugh. However, Dora and Boots manage to find León's circus toys. León gets his circus toys back and puts them in his blue circus bag. Now, they were on their way to tightrope bridge. They had to do the tightrope walk to get across. León went first. He puts his arms out to the side to hold his balance. Next, he puts one foot out in front of the other and repeats the sequence until he made it across. Then, it was Boots' turn. He put his arms out to hold his balance and walks carefully across. León thought Boots could be a circus monkey after he had his turn across tightrope bridge. Then, it was Dora's turn. She also expanded her arms and walks carefully across. Together, one by one, they got across tightrope bridge. So far, they went through the swinging forest and walked across tightrope bridge. Now, they had to go to the circus tent. As Dora, Boots and León were on their way, they find Isa rolling skating. Isa tells them that the circus starts soon. Dora, Boots and León all gasp. They had to get to the circus quick. Dora checks her Backpack to see if she has any roller skates and helmets. Now, that the three are on wheels, they were ready to go. The elephant's trunks raised up, so Dora, Boots and León can pass through. León gets out some coins to pay for some cotton candy and some balloons. As Dora, Boots and León were on their to the circus, the tent closed. They had to tell the circus tent "Abre" so it can open. Once they said "abre", Dora, Boots and León let go of the balloons as they all went inside the circus tent. Once inside, Dora and Boots wondered where León the circus lion went. They realized that León on a tall platform. He needed help finding the right colored rope that will take him down to the ground. He could not take the purple, blue or green rope. So he used the yellow rope to get him down to the ground. They all clap for León as he makes his way across to one tall platform all the way down to the ground. León had some more circus tricks. He shows them how to juggle. The ringmaster then puts a black hat on León. Now, he is a true circus lion!
Places in this episode
Items in Backpack (clockwise starting from the top right)
- 3 helmets (one of the correct items)
- 3 baseball mitts
- 3 raincoats
- 3 pairs of roller skates (one of the correct items)
- Boots could not come up with at least one favorite part, which could mean that it is one of his most favorite adventures. However, in Boots' Special Day, he did state that he liked every single moment of the trip, but actually does think of at least one favorite part.
- This episode had a fade out and fade in video transition as Dora, Boots, and León got in the circus tent.
- Benny and Tico do not appear in this episode.
- This is the last episode featuring the Season 1-2 opening sequence with 2 doors opening by themselves, entering a room and zooming into the green computer (unless the VHS and DVD version of the next episode, Dora Had a Little Lamb counts).
- This is the last Dora the Explorer episode Map sings the legacy version of I'm The Map, but this is not the last episode where he sings alone because there are some Season 3 onwards episodes where he does so.
- However, he will sing the legacy version of his song once more in the Go, Diego, Go! episode "Diego and Dora Help Baby Monarch Get to the Festival".
- Dora and Boots only sing the Travel Song once.
- This is the first and only episode León sings the Travel Song with Dora and Boots.
- This is the last episode of Season 2.
- This is the last episode where the Map says, "So you tell Dora." Starting with the next season, he will say, "So remember" instead.
- When Dora says "Come on! Say it with us!" to start the Travel Song, it uses the same background from "Lost Map".
- This is the last episode to use the valley background when Dora and Boots are talking about their favorite parts.
- This episode was supposed to air before The Lost City but it aired out of order.
- Paul Rodriguez is a guest voice actor in this episode as León the Lion.
- This is the last episode in which Dora lists the places after all 3 pictures pop up. However, this briefly returns in the Season 3 episode The Super Silly Fiesta due to a silly mistake where the 3 squares were on the top of the screen then Dora slides them to the bottom and says all the places after that.
- Starting with the next episode, she lists each individual place after each square pops up. Not only that, but this is the final time where Dora reviews what she has to do during the first time with picture pop up sequence and says "So next comes...? (or something similar)" during the second and third picture pop up sequence. Starting with the next season, she will ask "Where do we go first?" (first time) and "Where do we go next?" (second and third time) just like in Egg Hunt, Super Spies, School Pet, Quack! Quack!, Whose Birthday is It?, and The Lost City.
- The scene where Dora and Boots are singing the "We Did It!" song in this episode is seen in the Nick Jr. Play Along opening from 2003-2004.
- Backpack did not have wrist guards, elbow pads and knee pads and it is uncertain how the three manage to have them on.
- iTunes lists this episode as "Leon, the Circus Lion". The accent on the first o is left out.
Grumpy Old Troll
|Dora the Explorer Season 2|
|The Big Storm | The Magic Stick | The Missing Piece | Rojo the Fire Truck | Lost Squeaky | Doctor Dora | The Golden Explorers | El Día De Las Madres | Lost Map | Pinto, the Pony Express | The Big Piñata | The Happy Old Troll | Super Map! | Click! | ¡Rápido, Tico! | A Present For Santa | A Letter for Swiper | Dora, La Músico | Egg Hunt | Super Spies | To the Monkey Bars | Hide and Go Seek | School Pet | Quack! Quack! | Whose Birthday is It? | The Lost City | León, the Circus Lion|