This article is about the character. If you were look for his song with the same name, click here.
The Grumpy Old Troll (sometimes known as Mr. Troll) is the former secondary antagonist, later anti-hero of Dora the Explorer, a troll who lives under the Troll Bridge that Dora and Boots sometimes come across. Whenever they try to cross his bridge, he will jump out and sing a song telling them that they need to answer a riddle (or other challenge) or else they will not be allowed across. But never cause trouble together.
He is formerly almost always grumpy, He acts as a father figure to other characters. enjoys making up riddles for visitors who try to cross his bridge. However, he is shown to be happy at times and does have a few hobbies.
The Grumpy Old Troll is mostly yellow. He has a long orange beard and an orange mustache. He has white eyes with black pupils. He does not wear any clothing at all, although he had a barrel around his waist in The Fix-it Machine.
- Beaches (character find only)
- Bouncing Ball
- Bugga Bugga (character find only)
- Little Star
- Call Me Mr. Riddles
- The Happy Old Troll (first appearance away from his bridge)
- To the Monkey Bars
- León, the Circus Lion (character find only)
- The Shy Rainbow
- We're a Team!
- The Mixed-Up Seasons (character find only)
- Dora’s Dance to the Rescue (away from his bridge; cameo)
- Dora's World Adventure (away from his bridge)
- Boots to the Rescue (character find only)
- Dora's Christmas Carol Adventure
- Benny's Treasure
- Isa's Unicorn Flowers
- Bark, Bark to Play Park (away from his bridge; cameo)
- Dora's Big Birthday Adventure (away from his bridge)
- Perrito's Big Surprise
- Dora & Diego's Amazing Animal Circus Adventure
- Baby Bongo's Big Music Show
- Little Map
- The Grumpy Old Troll tends to be grumpy most of the time. In Season 1, whenever he sees Dora and Boots solve his riddles, he gets angry and lets out steam, or he would furiously stomp his feet, and as they cross, vows to stump them next time. On later episodes (Season 2 onwards, starting with "To the Monkey Bars"), he gets more impressed after Dora and Boots solve his riddles, since while he still wants them to solve one, he’s now used to what normally happens.
- Most of the time, anyone who tries to cross his bridge has to solve a riddle. Sometimes, he gives an instruction or a task to do.
- In the episode with her name, Backpack referred to the Grumpy Old Troll as "Sr. Troll".
- The Happy Old Troll is the first time the Grumpy Old Troll is seen away from his bridge, excluding any of his character find segments.
- The Grumpy Old Troll can be seen at his bridge during the intro from seasons 3-6 if one looks closely.
- When Dora and Swiper traveled through time in "Dora's Christmas Carol Adventure", Grumpy Old Troll had no mustache and no beard when he was a baby.
- Also when he sings his song, he says a variation of his name (grumpy little troll) despite being the past.
- Boots in his Pilot design had the same fur as the Grumpy Old Troll.
- The Grumpy Old Troll and his wife Petunia appear in the Dora and Friends episode, "Return to the Rainforest".
- The Grumpy Old Troll never makes an appearance in Go, Diego, Go!, not even mentioned.
- He is formerly one of the main villains of the show.
- Because of this, he is replaced by El Mago.
- The Grumpy Old Troll did lots of character finds.
- In Dora's World Adventure!, there is a similar troll in Russia who looks identical to him, except he is purple and wears a brown Russian hat.
- His personality is similar to Pimply Paul of Horrid Henry who is quite grumpy and hated everyone and everything equally.
Main Márquez family
|Dora | Diego | Alicia | Mami | Papi | Abuela | Guillermo | Isabella|
|Swiper | Grumpy Old Troll | Bobo Brothers | Alejandro|
|Backpack | Map | Rescue Pack | Click|
|Boots | Tico | Benny | Isa | Big Red Chicken | Señor Tucán | Fiesta Trio | Baby Jaguar|
|Pablo | Alana | Emma | Kate | Naiya | Sammy | Randy|