|Airdate||Monday, November 13, 2000|
|Written by|| Eric Weiner|
|Directed by||Arne Wong|
Dora and Boots must bring a basket of food to her grandmother's house.
Dora & Boots go to her Grandma's house who is sick with a cold. So, they take a basket full of goodies and treats to make her feel better. Dora & Boots had to find a quick way to get to her grandma's house. So, Dora & Boots check Map for help and says that they have to go across a bumpy bridge, across a turtle river to get to Grandma's house. They have to be on the lookout for Swiper the fox and other obstacles too. As Dora and Boots set afoot on the bumpy bridge, they drop the basket on their way. But they get a fishing pole from Backpack to reel the basket back up. Soon after, Dora & Boots had to duck down low as Swiper swings on a vine trying to swipe the basket but ends up missing and falls head first into a tree. After that, the basket gets heavy. So, they rest the basket on a rock where it was really a turtle shell. They look for the basket which was on the turtle's back which led them to a turtle river. Dora & Boots take turns getting across Turtle River by jumping on 5 turtles. They counted up to 5 in Spanish. After getting across Turtle River, Swiper follows Dora & Boots and Swiper thought he was just a tree and acted out a little bit from the Little Red Riding Hood story having Dora & Boots as Little Red Riding Hood and Swiper as the wolf. Dora & Boots stop Swiper and make it to her grandma's house. They both went in and gave her the basket of goodies and treats and there was also a drawing of a picture of Boots & Dora. In no time, Dora's grandma was all better.
Places in episode
- Tico, Benny, and Isa don't appear in this episode.
- This episode introduces who Dora's mom and who Dora's grandma look like.
- This episode also introduces what Dora's home looks like and what her Grandma's home looks like.
- A shortened version of The Travel Song was heard on this episode.
- This episode is a retelling of the children's story, "Little Red Riding Hood". Dora and Boots play out the role of Little Red Riding Hood. Dora's mom plays out the role of Red Riding Hood's mom. Swiper plays out the role of the big bad wolf, and Dora's grandma plays out the role of Red Riding Hood's grandma.
- This is the 12th episode of the show.
- Dora's last name Márquez is mentioned in this episode for the first time.
- Swiper tries to swipe three times in this episode.
- Dora and Boots sing the Travel Song the second time but they do not say the places they’re going, they instead skip that part and just ask the question "where are we going".
- After Dora and Boots finish the Travel Song the first time, they spin around but they do not jump and yell out the last place they're going, they instead just run and yell out the last place.
- Dora and Boots don't say Swiper No Swiping! 3 times the second time, they instead duck their heads for Swiper to not swing into them or to swipe their basket.
- When Dora wonders about Swiper in the tree and asking the viewer if they think it's just a tree which is not, she squints which almost looks like she's making an angry look.
- Three Little Piggies, Big River, Berry Hunt, Wizzle Wishes, and this episode are the 5 episodes Dora and Boots successfully stop Swiper and has never even swiped from them once.
Tico The Squirrel
|Dora the Explorer Season 1|
|The Legend of the Big Red Chicken | Lost and Found | Hic-Boom-Ohhh! | Beaches | We All Scream for Ice Cream | Choo-Choo! | Treasure Island | Three Little Piggies | Big River | Berry Hunt | Wizzle Wishes | Grandma's House | Surprise! | Sticky Tape | Bouncing Ball | Backpack | Bugga Bugga | Fish Out of Water | Little Star | Dora Saves the Prince | El Coquí | The Chocolate Tree | To The Treehouse | Te Amo | Pablo's Flute | Call Me Mr. Riddles|