Dora the Explorer is a popular cartoon, and has been referenced in popular culture numerous times.
2005 79th Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- On that event, Dora the Explorer became the first Latina balloon character.
- Rap artist Ludacris made a few references to Dora in that song; the lyric goes, "Explora Like Dora, those swipers can't swipe me".
- In the episode, "Bloo Tube", Eduardo watches and singing Explorin' Lauren, which is a parody of Dora the Explorer.
- In the episode, "Yo Leela Leela", during the "Young People's Choice Awards" (a parody of People's Choice Awards and Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards), one of the nominees for Best New Kids Show is called Dora the Destroyer. The series features her, along with an unnamed monkey. They are seen wearing military attire and carrying guns, a stark contrast to the squeaky clean standards of preschool-aimed television shows.
- In the episode, "Pandora's Lunch Box", a girl called Pandora from the times of Ancient Greece, until one day Zeus, Poseidon and Hades decided to send down a 'mysterious box' down to Pandora. The girl is under the alias "Dora". Billy refers the animated series mentions her and the monkey. Pandora opened a box that unleashed all the evil in the world.
- In a "TV Funhouse" sketch entitled "Maraka". The sketch made fun of the pauses in the show for the child viewer to react, the translations from Spanish to English (and Chinese, German, Portuguese, Hebrew, Swahili, Xhosa, Korean and Russian.) in Maraka's sentences and had many sporadic events. Maraka was voiced by Becca Lish.
- In the episode, "Taming Strange", at the end Ike and his brother Kyle Broflovski are watching Dora the Explorer.
- Dora the Explorer videos are made on GoAnimate, and were released on Youtube by the Dora fans and haters.