|Season 1||Season 2||Season 3||Season 4||Season 5||Season 6||Season 7||Season 8|
This is a list of Dora the Explorer episodes that aired between August 14, 2000-March 4, 2002.
|Episode #||Season #||Title||Thumbnail||Airdate|
|1.||1x01||"The Legend of the Big Red Chicken"||August 14, 2000|
|2.||1x02||"Lost and Found"||August 14, 2000|
|3.||1x03||"Choo-Choo!"||August 14, 2000|
|4.||1x04||"Hic-Boom-Ohhh!"||August 21, 2000|
|5.||1x05||"We All Scream for Ice Cream"||August 28, 2000|
|6.||1x06||"Three Little Piggies"||September 4, 2000|
|7.||1x07||"Treasure Island"||September 18, 2000|
|8.||1x08||"Beaches"||September 25, 2000|
|9.||1x09||"'Big River"||October 9, 2000|
|10.||1x10||"Wizzle Wishes"||October 23, 2000|
|11.||1x11||"Berry Hunt"||October 30, 2000|
|12.||1x12||"Surprise!"||November 6, 2000|
|13.||1x13||"Grandma's House"||November 13, 2000|
|14.||1x14||"Sticky Tape"||November 27, 2000|
|15.||1x15||"Bouncing Ball"||December 4, 2000|
|16.||1x16||"Bugga Bugga"||April 30, 2001|
|17.||1x17||"Fish Out of Water"||May 1, 2001|
|18.||1x18||"El Coquí"||May 2, 2001|
|19.||1x19||"Chocolate Tree"||May 3, 2001|
|20.||1x20||"To the Treehouse"||May 4, 2001|
|21.||1x21||"Little Star"||May 21, 2001|
|22.||1x22||"Call Me Mr. Riddles"||September 24, 2001|
|23.||1x23||"Te Amo"||October 1, 2001|
|24.||1x24||"Pablo's Flute"||October 15, 2001|
|25.||1x25||"Dora Saves the Prince"||October 29, 2001|
|26.||1x26||"Backpack!"||March 4, 2002|
This season was mostly produced in 2000 and the last few episodes were produced in early 2001.
- Each time the blue cursor clicks on something, from The Legend of the Big Red Chicken until Sticky Tape, there is a fading effect.
- As of Bouncing Ball, it got switched to a split-second rapid glow. This gets put to permanent use after said episode.
- This and Season 2 are the only two seasons that don't have any double-length episodes.
- Dora has a total of four different face designs this season.
- The background color for Map's segment is brown in all episodes. Starting with Season 2, the background colors are randomly chosen per episode (pink, red, yellow, blue, etc.).
- After Map reviews on how to get to where Dora and Boots have to go, he says, "So you tell Dora…". He does this again throughout Season 2, then in Season 3 onwards, he says, "So remember…". In the episodes The Legend of the Big Red Chicken, Lost and Found, Treasure Island, Berry Hunt, and The Chocolate Tree, he says, "So here’s what you tell Dora…".
- This is the shortest running season out of the eight. It took more than one and a half years (August 2000-March 2002) for all the episodes to be aired.
- This season, tied with Season 2, has the most number of episodes in a single season, that being 26.
- In this season, Muhammad Cunningham voices Tico (only season in which it happens), who would get a new voice actor (Jose Zelaya) in the next three seasons.
- During the Travel Song, Dora and Boots simply say out the place they are going to after asking each other, "Where are we going?". This also occurred in the Season 2 episode The Big Storm. Beginning with Season 2, they clap three times before doing so.
- The walking animations during the travel song in some episodes are identical to others.
- This is the only season to feature the travel song in all episodes. Coincidentally, they all feature it at least twice (a few feature it three times).
- This is the only season where, when Dora asks where the location is, there's only one path. In later seasons, there are multiple paths that lead to other places.
- When Dora tells the viewer to stand up, in earlier episodes, Boots yells, "Up, up! Get up!". From Wizzle Wishes until early Season 2, he says, "Up, up, up!" once or sometimes twice.
- Also, the first two episodes are the only times Dora says, "You can sit down, now!" following the "stand up" prompt. All later episodes don't have that.
- This is the only season where all the episodes aired on TV before they appeared on home media.
- Speaking of home media, The Legend of the Big Red Chicken is the only episode to never be released onto VHS and/or DVD.
- It was, however, released on DVD in international releases.
- The first three episodes (The Legend of the Big Red Chicken, Lost and Found, and Choo-Choo!) premiered on the same day.
- This the only season where Isa had a character find segment. It only happened in Choo-Choo! and El Coquí.
- Boots and Map's character find backgrounds are the same throughout the season up until The Missing Piece, but Boots' is mirrored. He (Boots) will have a new background in El Día De Las Madres.
- For this season only, Tico wears the same orange life jacket as Dora and Boots; starting next season, he can pull a cord on his vest to turn it into a life jacket.