|Dora Saves the Mermaids!|
|Airdate||Tuesday, September 25, 2007 (DVD)|
Monday, November 5, 2007 (Nickelodeon)
|Written by||Valerie Walsh|
|Directed by||Kuni Tomita|
|Next||First Day of School|
Airing Order: The Backpack Parade
Dora Saves the Mermaids! is a Dora the Explorer TV special. It is also the 25th episode from Season 4, as well as the Season 4 finale.
- Fiesta Trio
- Diego (Behind from the Silly Sea to check the dolphins)
- Pirate Pig
- Pirate Piggies
- Clam (debut)
- Mariana the Mermaid (debut)
- Garbage Octopus (debut)
- Sea Shell Bridge (debut)
- Crown (debut)
- Mermaids (debut)
- Whale (debut)
Dora and Boots must return a magic crown back to a mermaid named Mariana in the Mermaid Kingdom. However, they also have to get past a mean octopus who dumps garbage all over the kingdom.
The episode starts with Dora and Boots at the beach. They were cleaning up the beach because it is Clean Up the Beach Day, where they have make sure the beach is clean by picking up any trash found on the ground. They were looking for garbage on the sand and took a juice box off a crab's head. After looking for garbage, a very special clam told Dora and Boots about Mermaid Kingdom. He told them a story about Mariana the Mermaid but she and her friends were in trouble because a mean octopus dumped garbage all over the Mermaid Kingdom and it could disappear. He told them that Mariana discovered a magic crown put it on, made a wish and all the garbage disappeared and the kingdom sparkled. But, one day a wave swept the crown away and Mariana needed Dora and Boots' help because the octopus was back and the garbage was making the mermaids and mermen sad and sick. Mariana tells Dora and Boots that their Mermaid Kingdom is disappearing under all the dirty garbage and she needs their help.
Dora and Boots saw the magic crown on the sand and Dora picked it up. Now they have to check the Map to find the way to the Mermaid Kingdom. He says that they had to go over Sea Shell Bridge, across Pirate Island, and past the Silly Sea to get there. Once they arrived at the Sea Shell Bridge, they saw that the sea shells had numbers on them Boots stepped on a sea shell with the number 5 on it and moved away from it before it fell into the water. The Sea Shell Bridge said they had to follow the shells from 1 to 6 but then the mean octopus arrived and saw that Dora and Boots had found the magic crown but he made sure those two would never get to the mermaid kingdom so he dumps dirt on the bridge so they can't see the numbers
Uh-oh! ¡Falta ago! This plot summary is incomplete. Feel free to help Dora and friends by completing it. Please remember to remove this template once the plot summary is complete.
Places in this episode
Items in Backpack (clockwise starting from the top right)
- Dora's pink bathing suit
- Vacuum cleaner (correct item)
- Crayon box
This episode can be found on the DVD with the same name.
- This is the last episode to find Map, who is the last character to get Character Find.
- This is the first double-length episode that was never seen on videocassette at all, due to the fact that major movie studios stop releasing VHS tapes in 2007, so it's only available on DVD.
- This is the first double-length episode where Dora sings We Did It! and talks about favorite parts in her casual outfit.
- The Season 7 episode "Dora's Rescue in Mermaid Kingdom" serves as the sequel of this episode.
- This is both the first double-length episode as well as the first episode in general where the picture pop-up sequence permanently reverts back to how it was from the first 3 seasons of the show.
- However, unlike how the picture pop-up sequence was used in the prior seasons, checkmarks are now placed on each square each time Dora tells the viewer what places have been passed, and this was put to permanent use for the rest of the series.
- This is the last episode for the original cast, Kathleen Herles (as Dora), Harrison Chad (as Boots), Sasha Toro (as Backpack), Jake Burbage (as Benny), and Jose Zelaya (as Tico) to act before their departure due to their age (technically in production order, due to some episodes being aired after their departure) which would most likely lead to a possibility of them sounding awkward if they still voice the characters.
- Dora turns into a mermaid just as she puts on the mermaid crown. When she takes it off, she turns back into her normal self.
- This is the last episode where the blue cursor clicks on Dora at the end of the episode. Beginning with the next episode, a fade-out effect will take its place for the rest of the series.
- This is the last episode for the Character Find during the end credits.
- This is the last episode to premiere in 2007 and Season 4.
- The 2005-2009 Nick Jr. Productions logo used the 1999-2005 Nick Jr. Productions audio. Just like in "Dora's World Adventure!".
- Just like in "Dora's Dance to the Rescue" and "Dora's World Adventure!", the production and the premiere of this episode are the same, which, in this episode, is 2007, Even though this is a double-length episode. This will happen again in Dora Saves the Snow Princess.
- This is the final time the show uses the 2005-2009 Nick Jr. Productions logo.
- Split screen airings of this episode use the 1999-2005 Nick Jr. Productions Logo at the end instead.
- This is the 5th episode that lasts for over 30 minutes.
- This is the 101st episode of the show.
- In this episode, there are four squares in the picture pop-up sequence instead of three.
- The episode with the same name was released as a video game for the Nintendo DS.
- Mariana the Mermaid will later appear on a Dora and Friends episode titled Magical Mermaid Adventure.
- The grown-up voices Dora and Boots had in Dora's Dance to the Rescue and Dora's World Adventure was also heard in this episode.
- This is apparently the first episode in which the pattern at the bottom of Dora's shoes has changed which will later happen until the end of Season 6.
- Dora and Boots' season 5 look has been debuted in this episode.
- The episode premiered exactly 5 years after Click! premiered on Nick Jr. and 2 years after Boots to the Rescue premiered on TVO Kids.
- This is the fourth episode to use the extended version of We Did It. The other three are Dora's Pirate Adventure, Dora's Dance to the Rescue, and Dora's World Adventure.
- When Dora and Boots sing the Travel Song:
- They list four places instead of three.
- They do not say "Come on, say it with us!" to begin the song.
- Boots is the only one clapping three times after asking "Where are we going?" since Dora is holding Mariana's magical crown throughout the episode.
- The fourth "Where are we going?" is asked in Spanish.
- When Dora and Boots are riding the dolphins, they do not wear any life jackets.
- This is the last episode featuring a Character Find during the end credits.
- However, in current airings, it will appear once more in Swiper the Explorer.
- Isa, Baby Jaguar, and Pirate Parrot do not appear in this episode.
- This is the only episode in the series in which Dora and Boots explicitly asked Swiper to swipe. It is also mentioned in the "We Did It" song.
- This is the last episode to feature Explorer Stars in the intro and for the Explorer Stars in general. They will no longer appear in any episode from the next season on, not even at Dora's Birthday Party in Dora's Big Birthday Adventure.
- Garbage Octopus was the antagonist even though Swiper appeared in this episode (and is on his good side).
- This is the third and final (pre-Season 5) episode to use the Season 5 art style, first being Dora's Dance to the Rescue and second being Dora's World Adventure!.
- This is the final classic Dora the Explorer episode.
- When Dora and Boots finished helping Swiper clean off the whale they run the opposite way to go to Pirate Island.
- During the Busquen la Corona song, the octopus' boat is underwater. In real life, a boat like his can't be underwater. However, only submarines can go underwater.
- It is unknown how Regan Mizrahi voiced Boots in the game version of this episode, or sounds like it
|Dora the Explorer Season 4|
|Dora's Fairytale Adventure | Daisy, La Quinceañera | Star Catcher | La Maestra de Música | The Shy Rainbow | Swiper the Explorer | Star Mountain | Big Sister Dora | Super Babies | Catch the Babies | Dora's Got a Puppy | We're a Team! | Super Spies 2: The Swiping Machine | Dora & Diego to the Rescue | A Crown for King Juan el Bobo | The Mixed-Up Seasons | Best Friends | Dora's Dance to the Rescue | Save Diego | Dora's First Trip | Baby Jaguar's Roar | Dora's World Adventure! | Boots to the Rescue | Baby Crab | Dora Saves the Mermaids|