|Dora and Diego to the Rescue!|
|Airdate||Tuesday, September 6, 2005 (Nick Jr.)|
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 (VHS and DVD)
|Written by|| Valerie Walsh|
|Directed by||Sherie Pollack|
|Previous||Super Spies 2: The Swiping Machine|
|Next||A Crown for King Juan el Bobo|
Boots is flying a kite, but he gets blown away by a strong wind, so Dora and Diego must race around the world in order to save him.
Dora and Diego come out from behind the bushes. They were exploring in the Forest. They find an owl, a lizard and Boots in the bushes. Boots greets Dora, Diego and viewer. And then he pulls out a really big kite that he made all by himself. Boots decided to test out the kite. There was so much wind that as Boots held onto the kite, he gets lifted off the ground. Boots thought he made the kite too big and got too strong. Boots gets scared and calls out to Dora and Diego and wants to get down to solid ground. Dora and Diego have to save Boots up in the sky. They check Map for assistance. Map looks for Boots and he tells the viewer at home that the wind is taking Boots far away across the ocean, over the tall grass and will end up at polar bear mountain. After Map and the viewer memorize the places, Dora and Diego get going to find the ocean. As Boots was still up in the sky, he hears a "hawoo-hawoo" sound. Boots saw a whale and was stuck in a net. Boots shouts to Dora and Diego to help the whale. When Dora and Diego heard what Boots said to them, they were surprised and have to set it up the whale free, and fast. Diego turns his vest into a life-jacket. There were 12 knots in the net. Diego had to untie all the knots to set it up the whale free. Suddenly, the sharks were coming. Diego untied the 12 knots going from left to right. When he was finished, the sharks were coming closer. Dora warns Diego about the sharks. Diego figured out a way to scare the sharks. All they had to do is do a whale call. They did so and the sharks swam away and were gone for good. After that, Dora and Diego tell the whale that they were trying to save Boots the monkey. The whale saw a monkey flying his kite in sky (which was Boots). The whale decided to give Dora and Diego a ride on his back. Diego had a life-jacket on but Dora needed one of her own if she wants to get across the ocean. She checks Backpack and had a life-jacket for Dora. Dora puts on her life-jacket and joins her cousin Diego on the whale as he takes Dora and Diego across the ocean. After reaching the dock on the other side, Dora and Diego thank the whale by doing a whale call. After that, they got going to find the tall grass. Boots was still up in the sky. Suddenly, he heard voices in the trees. Boots found singing gorillas. Boots was surprised because he never saw singing gorillas before. Boots really wants to be back on solid ground. Dora and Diego stop to see the singing gorillas. But then, a baby gorilla falls out of the tree. Dora and Diego catch the baby gorilla with their hands. The grown-up gorillas thank them for saving baby gorilla. Dora and Diego explained to the singing gorillas that they were trying to save Boots the monkey. The singing gorillas saw a monkey fly over trees yelling "get me down from here please". Then they tell Dora and Diego the best way to get through the trees. They tell them that they'll swing and all Dora and Diego have to do is sing along with singing gorillas. Dora and Diego grabbed the vines and swung through the trees with the singing gorillas. Then, Dora and Diego hold the last vine and swung back down to the ground. They thank the singing gorillas and got going again. Boots and his kite hover over the tall grass. Boots goes through and then he saw 4 baby animals lost in the tall grass. They couldn't find their mommies. Boots tells Dora and Diego to help the baby animals find their mommies. Dora and Diego enter the field filled tall grass. They saw a baby hippo, a baby elephant, a baby zebra and a baby giraffe. The viewer helps the baby giraffe find its mom first. Next, the viewer helps the baby elephant find its mom second. Then, the viewer helps baby hippo look for her mom and finally the viewer helps baby zebra find the mommy zebra. After that, they hear another animal and it roared. It was a lion! Dora and Diego get on the giraffe and the animals try to outrun the lion. Suddenly, a big wall gets in their way. Mama elephant tries to knock the wall down and it worked. Then, they outran the lion. But suddenly, they heard a lion cub by the tall grass and peeked out. Dora and Diego realized that the reason the lion roared was because she was looking for her cub. Dora and Diego do a lion call. The lion comes back and collects her cub. All the animals got back together with their babies. Dora and Diego didn't give up yet. They still had to save Boots who was heading to Polar Bear Mountain next. Boots and his kite run into a snowy tree. A little snow falls on top of the polar bear causing him to shrug. Boots gets stuck on the snowy tree at Polar Bear Mountain and can see the polar bear. Dora and Diego hurried to Polar Bear Mountain. When they got there, they had to dress warmly. Diego decided to change his Rescue Pack into anything they need. What they need to ride on the snow to save Boots is a rocket sled. Dora and Diego get on the rocket sled and got going to save Boots. Suddenly, Boots looks down anxiously at the polar bear as he climbs up the snowy tree. Dora and Diego tell Boots to jump onto the rocket sled. Boots did so but he leaves his kite behind. Dora, Boots and Diego land on solid ground in the snow. Polar Bear gets Boots' kite and tells Boots he was only trying to get the kite down from the snowy tree. Polar Bear also tells Boots that he was friendly. Polar Bear slides down the snowy hill and hands the kite back to Boots. Boots thanks Polar Bear and Polar Bear tells him to come back and visit anytime they want. Boots thanked Dora and Diego for rescuing him.
Places in episode
Items in Backpack (clockwise from the top right)
- Pad of paper and pencil
- Tennis racket
- Lifejacket (correct item)
- Water bottle
- Winter hat
- Singing Gorilla Trees
- Rescue Pack does not speak in this episode but does on Go, Diego, Go!
- This episode aired the same day as the series premiere episode of Go, Diego, Go!, "The Rescue of the Red Eyed Tree Frogs".
- Benny, Tico, Isa, Alicia, Baby Jaguar, and Swiper do not appear in this episode, but Swiper did appear in the Character Find.
- This is the 90th episode of the show.
- This is the first half-hour episode where Dora travels without Boots since he is blown away by his kite.
- There are some noticeable differences in this episode compared to the actual show:
- Boots doesn't appear as the second character after Dora appearing as the first character to begin the episode while introducing themselves to the viewer, Diego appears as the second character instead when Dora and he come out of the bush.
- Diego is voiced by Jake T. Austin instead of Gabriel Alvarez. However, he still keeps his original outfit instead of his new outfit introduced in the new series Go, Diego, Go! which premiered on the same day as this episode. And while Jake T. Austin‘s voice was being used in Go, Diego, Go!, within the main Dora the Explorer cartoon, Diego‘s old voice actor does actually return in three more episodes: Save Diego, Baby Jaguar's Roar, and Boots to the Rescue respectively. The season 4 finale episode Dora Saves the Mermaids is the return and the official beginning of Diego's new voice actor and outfit within the main Dora the Explorer cartoon.
- Similarly, despite the fact that this a Dora the Explorer episode, some people might think that this is a mix with Go, Diego, Go!. Aside from Diego being voiced by Jake T. Austin, he wears a white lifejacket that he turns his vest into instead of a yellow lifejacket that Dora wears, they technically rescue an animal, Boots, and Rescue Pack makes an appearance, despite not talking.
- Map sings his song where one can only see the ocean. The tall grass and Polar Bear Mountain show up a little later. There's also no real path being traced by glowing, instead there's black, dotted lines to get to each location.
- Unlike all the other episodes, as Map is repeating the places, he is frowning instead of smiling, which is what he normally does when repeating them, most likely because he is worried about Boots. In fact, the only parts where he's really smiling are when he is singing his song and telling the viewer where Dora and Diego need to go first and next.
- There are also some noticeable differences in the travel song compared to other episodes:
- Dora sings with Diego instead of Boots (since he is flying away on a kite).
- As Dora and Diego sing out the places to go, they strike poses according to the places, unlike all the other episodes.
- At the music break in the approximate middle of the song, Dora and Boots normally run and Boots usually does a cartwheel then a backflip over a log while Dora jumps over it. But in this episode, Dora and Diego run towards the center of the screen while facing it.
- After that, Dora is the only one who sings, "Come on, ¡vámonos! Everybody let's go!", and they're still facing the screen, and at the second line, Dora and Diego run past the screen where one can see their faces up close. Normally, Dora and Boots sing those two lines together.
- Dora and Diego sing, "Come on, let's get to it!" together, but normally, Boots is the only one singing that line.
- When Dora and Diego say, "Where are we going?" they do not say out the last place (Polar Bear Mountain) as the answer, they instead say, "To go save Boots."
- At the second music break close to the end, Dora and Diego don't spin around, nor do they jump as they shout the last place, they just keep running and shout, "To go save Boots!"
- Diego wears a white lifejacket that he turns his vest into instead of a yellow lifejacket that Dora wears.
- The Singing Gorilla Trees are a sub-place, just like the Icky Sticky Sand in Backpack!, the Flower Bushes, Fruit Trees, Buttercups, Colored Features, and Flowers with Leaves in Hide and Go Seek, and the Nutty Forest in Whose Birthday is It?.
- In A Present for Santa, A Letter for Swiper, To the South Pole, Star Mountain, and The Mixed-Up Seasons, Boots wears his winter clothes in addition to Dora (and Diego in To the South Pole). However, he did not have his on in this episode because he flew on a kite and didn't know until later that he was headed to Polar Bear Mountain. Dora and Diego did not provide winter clothes for Boots. If they did, it would most likely be his same yellow parka from To the South Pole and Star Mountain. However, a monkey's fur in real life can keep it warm, so he probably doesn't need one anyway.
- This is the only episode in which during the final scene, all onscreen characters' favorite parts are the same.
- This episode uses the Nick Jr. Productions Puddle Logo from 2005-2009 on TV/VHS/DVD instead of the 1999-2005 Nick Jr. Productions Logo, and this is the first episode to do so. This is also the only 30 minute episode to use this Nick Jr Productions logo.
- This is the first episode featuring Diego in a new version.
- The year reads "2003" instead of 2005, meaning this episode is produced in 2003.
- During the Singing Gorillas scene, when Dora says “Sing with us!”, the audio is taken from El Coquí.
- It is unknown how sunny warmness and snowy coldness happen at the same time (Possibly due to cartoon logic).
Swiper the Fox
|Dora the Explorer Season 4|
|Dora's Fairytale Adventure | Daisy, La Quinceañera | Star Catcher | La Maestra de Música | The Shy Rainbow | Swiper the Explorer | Star Mountain | Big Sister Dora | Super Babies | Catch the Babies | Dora's Got a Puppy | We're a Team! | Super Spies 2: The Swiping Machine | Dora & Diego to the Rescue | A Crown for King Juan el Bobo | The Mixed-Up Seasons | Best Friends | Dora's Dance to the Rescue | Save Diego | Dora's First Trip | Baby Jaguar's Roar | Dora's World Adventure! | Boots to the Rescue | Baby Crab | Dora Saves the Mermaids|