Dora's World Adventure!
|Dora's World Adventure!
||Tuesday, October 10, 2006 (VHS and DVD)|
Sunday, November 19, 2006 (Nickelodeon)
||22 (due to VHS/DVD)|
23 (aired on Television)
Carol Delmindo Datuin
Enrico Vilbar Santana
||Due to VHS/DVD: Baby Jaguar's Roar|
Television: Boots to the Rescue
||Due to VHS/DVD: Boots to the Rescue|
Airing on Television: Baby Crab
is a Dora the Explorer
TV special, as well as the 23rd
episode aired on TV (or the 22nd
shown episode, due to it airing on VHS and DVD first) from Season 4.
All over the world, everyone is celebrating Friendship Day! In this big adventure, Dora and Swiper travel around the world. They go to France, Tanzania, Russia, and China. Dora needs to return the friendship bracelets that Swiper swiped from around the world (not knowing they were "friendship" bracelets). Once all the bracelets are passed out, the sky will light up. Each country has its own "Swiper" that they need to stop from swiping the friendship bracelets. Along the way, they follow shaped stones to get to the Effiel Tower, go an African safari in Tanzania, make silly faces to make the Russian "Grumpy Old Troll" laugh to open the gate to the Winter Palace, and super jump over the Great Wall of China to return all the bracelets. Can they return the bracelets in time for the party to start?
The episode starts with Dora and Boots at a party to celebrate Friendship Day, a special time of year where everyone from around the world wear friendship bracelets. Boots really wants to see the bracelets, and Dora asks the viewer if he/she want to. When he/she said "Yes", Dora and Boots go and see the bracelets. Then the friendship day song happens, and while they sing, Benny, Isa, and Tico arrive. After the song finishes, Dora mentions that when everyone wears the bracelets, they will glow and light up the sky. Suddenly, Swiper comes to swipe the bracelets. Isa mentions that everyone has to stop him, but they were too late anyway. However, Dora stopped Swiper herself by telling him that they are friendship bracelets, and she even has one for him. Swiper then tells Dora that he has flown his Swiper-copter all around the world swiping bracelets, not knowing they were friendship bracelets. Boots is appalled by this realization, and then Dora's friends from around the world, known as Amelie, who is from France, N'Dari, who is from Tanzania, Vladimir, who is from Russia and Mei, who is from China, call Dora for help. There are no bracelets in any of those countries. Swiper tries to rev up his Swiper-copter to return the bracelets, and it suddenly breaks down. Swiper gives up, but Dora tells him that they have to bring back the bracelets, and that they can do it together. Everyone else cheers, and then Dora checks the Map on where to go to bring back the bracelets. First, they must go to Eiffel Tower in France, then Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, then the Winter Palace in Russia, and then to the Great Wall of China. Dora asks the viewer where they go first, and the answer was the Eiffel Tower. Dora and Swiper look for the Eiffel Tower, and it was seen on the other side of the ocean. Then a ship came and stopped at the dock for them. Dora asks Boots to stay and be in charge, and away she and Swiper go! They sing the Travel Song, and then they look for land. Land appeared, and then they and the viewer said, "Land, Ho!" They exit the ship and Dora changes into France clothes. They sing "Hello" to everyone, but in French, which is "Bonjour". Dora bumps into Amelie, and then they greet each other by kissing. Amelie tells Dora that there are no friendship bracelets. Swiper happens to have them, but then another "Swiper", known as Fifi the Skunk, makes a whisking sound, making Amelie tell everyone that that sneaky skunk is always trying to swipe their stuff. Dora asks the viewer if he/she sees the skunk, and there she was on the flower bed. Everyone runs away, and then path splits two ways. There happens to be a smiling Gargoyle to help them. He tells them to use the diamond-stone path. They were on the second street. They go that way and then the path splits again, but in three different ways. Another Gargoyle tells them that circle-stone path leads to the Eiffel Tower. They were on the third street. They go down that street and end up at the Eiffel Tower. Swiper gives back the bracelets, and here came Fifi again. She was one step away from swiping the bracelets. Dora told the viewers that they have to say, "Fifi, no swiping" to stop her. Everyone said, "Fifi, no swiping" three times, and then she said, "Alors, zut!" as her "Oh man!" After Fifi was successfully stopped, Dora, Swiper, and Amelie gave back the friendship bracelets and the Fiesta Trio played their fanfare. Suddenly, Boots called, and there he was on a TV. He mentioned that more friends showed up at the party, such as the Grumpy Old Troll. He cannot wait to get a bracelet. Boots also mentioned that the bracelets are slowly starting to glow, and they have to hurry. Swiper then asks where they go next, and then Dora asks the viewers, and the answer was Mount Kilimanjaro. Amelie mentioned that the mountain was very far away, and then Dora asks if something was there to give them a ride. Luckily, there was a motor scooter for them to ride to Tanzania. Amelie gives them helmets, gives Dora one more kisses, thanks her bringing back the friendship bracelets, wishes Swiper good luck, and off they go to Tanzania! The Travel Song is heard once more. When they get off the motor scooter, Swiper notices the mountain, which means they arrived at Tanzania! Dora changes into Tanzania clothes, and then sings "Jambo" to everyone, which is the Tanzanian way of saying "Hello". N'Dari later calls for Dora, and then she notices him. He mentions that the kids are at Mountain with no bracelets. Luckily, Swiper has them to return. They ride an elephant to get to the mountain, and N'Dari warns them about the wild animals. They notice one zebra, two lions, three giraffes, four hippos and five elephants. When they counted the elephants, N'Dari told Dora that she forgot their elephant that they were riding. That means there are six elephants altogether. After that, they arrive at Mount Kilimanjaro, and when Swiper pours some bracelets into the box, another "Swiper" known as Sammy the Hyena makes a whisking sound, and then N'Dari wants them that that sneaky hyena is always trying to swipe their stuff. When Sammy was noticed, Dora tells the viewers that they have to say "Sammy no swiping". Everyone says, "Sammy no swiping" three times, and then Sammy says "Eee!" as his "Oh man!". After that, all the bracelets got returned, followed by the Fiesta Trio playing their fanfare. Suddenly, Boots calls again, and then he appears on another TV. He tells them that the Big Red Chicken came. Diego, Benny, and Baby Jaguar were also seen, but their names weren't mentioned. The Big Red Chicken told them that lots of their friends arrived. Boots then tells them that the bracelets are starting to glow and they got to save Friendship Day. Swiper asks Dora where they go next, and then Dora does the same thing to the viewers, and the answer was the Winter Palace in Russia. Dora asks the viewers if they see the Winter Palace, and it was very far away. There was a hot air balloon for them to ride. N'Dari thanks Dora and Swiper for bringing back the bracelets, and off they go to Russia. Dora and Swiper then arrive at Russia. Swiper tells Dora that he sees the Palace, which means they made it to Russia. Dora had to dress warmly since it was cold in Russia. Dora sings "Previet" to everyone, which is Russian for "Hello". After they finish, they were walking through deep snow, and it was hard to do that. Dora looks in Backpack for something to help them get over the snow fast. Backpack asks if flashlights can get them over the snow fast, and that was a silly answer. She then asks if skis can get them over the snow fast, and that was the correct answer. Dora had the viewers say "Swush" three times to help them ski. That was then repeated another three times. They made it to the gate, but then a Purple Troll, who is Russia's Grumpy Old Troll, forbids them to enter. "NYET!", the troll yells, which is Russian for "No!". Swiper thinks they'll never be able to give back the friendship bracelets, and then Vladimir comes on his skis and says Previet to Dora. She then introduces Swiper, and then Swiper tells him that the troll won't open the gate. Vladimir tells him and Dora that the Troll is very cranky, but luckily he knows how to get him to open the gate. They must make him laugh by making silly faces. They all make silly faces, and then the troll laughs so hard that he now opens the gate. Swiper puts some bracelets in, followed by a whisking sound from another "Swiper", known as Fomkah the Bear. Vladimir mentions that Fomkah is always trying to swipe their stuff. Dora asks if the viewers see the bear, and he was under a snowman outfit that has a zipper. Dora tells everyone that they have to say "Fomkah no swiping!". Everyone says, "Fomkah no swiping" three times, and then Fomkah says "Oye!" as his "Oh man!". The Fiesta Trio then plays their fanfare, and then everyone gets their bracelets. Boots calls Dora again, and there he was on the TV. Even more friends showed up, such as Pinto and Baby Blue Bird. The bracelets started to glow even more. Boots told Dora to hurry. Swiper asks Dora where they go next, and then Dora asks the viewers the same question, and the answer was the Great Wall of China. Dora asks the viewers if they see the wall, and Swiper mentions that it is far away. Luckily, there was a train to get them there fast. After Dora and Swiper get on the train, Vladimir thanks Dora for her help. Dora then changes into her China clothes and then they made it China. Dora and Swiper sing "Ni Hao" to everyone in China, which is Chinese for "Hello". After the song ends, the train stops near the Great Wall, and then Dora and Swiper get off. Swiper mentions that the wall is great and big, and then Dora said that their friends are on the other side. Swiper tries to climb up, fails, and then tries to give up, and Dora stopped him. After that, Mei came and told that she has been looking for her since they don't have any friendship bracelets. Swiper said that he has the friendship bracelets, but they have to go over the Great Wall to bring them back. Mei tells them that they have to super-jump. She calls three other people over, and they all super-jump together. They made it to the other side, and then Swiper brings back the bracelets. Everyone in China gets their bracelets, and then another "Swiper", known as Ying-Ying the weasel makes a whisking sound. Mei mentions that that weasel is always trying to swipe their stuff. Dora asks the viewers if they see a weasel, and there he was. Dora tells the viewers that they have to stop him by saying "Ying-Ying no swiping!". Everyone says, "Ying-Ying no swiping!" three times, and then he says, "Nin-nah!", which was his "Oh man!". The Fiesta Trio then play their fanfare. Dora and Swiper have successfully brought back all the friendship bracelets, making Swiper hope that they'll glow, and Dora said that they should, which means they have to return home. Luckily, there was a plane to get them home fast. Dora hugs Mei goodbye, Mei thanks her, and home Dora and Swiper go! After the plane arrived home, Dora wears a beautiful dress and Swiper wears a blue bowtie to wear to their Friendship Day party and everyone was happy to see them back home, especially Boots. Boots gives Dora a Friendship Day bracelet, but then Swiper asks if there is a Friendship bracelet for him. Luckily, there was one. Swiper loves it! There was one more bracelet, and it was for the viewer. Dora tells the viewer to hold his/her hand high in the air, and then wave his/her friendship bracelet. As everyone waved, big rainbows shined and lit up the sky! The Fiesta Trio then played their extended fanfare, and now everyone will be friends forever and ever! Everyone cheered, followed by the We Did It song. After that, Dora, Boots, and Swiper talk about their favorite parts. First, they ask what the viewer's favorite part was, and they say what their favorite parts were. Boots' favorite part was giving Dora her bracelet, Swiper's favorite part was making silly faces so the troll would let him and Dora by, and Dora's favorite part was watching the friendship bracelets glow and light up the sky. Dora tells the viewers that they couldn’t have done it without them, and thanks the viewers! After that, the episode ends, and the viewer gets to find Swiper while the credits appear.
Places in this episode
- Eiffel Tower in France
- Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania
- Winter Palace in Russia
- Great Wall of China
Items in Backpack (clockwise from the top right)
Note: All these items are in pairs
- Swimming suits
- Skis (correct item)
- Ship (Home to France)
- Motor Scooter (France to Tanzania)
- Hot Air Balloon (Tanzania to Russia)
- Train (Russia to China)
- Jet Plane (China back home)
- This isn't the last Dora the Explorer episode to be released onto VHS, the actual last episode to do so was "Boots to the Rescue".
- This is the second episode using the Season 5 art style, first being Dora's Dance to the Rescue.
- This is one of the few times were kissing is involved. Dora and Amelie kissed each other's cheeks twice. However, most French people greet each other with a cheek kiss in reality.
- This episode premiered on TV exactly 1 year after Wayside aired on TeleToon.
- This is the first double-length episode where Dora wears different outfits throughout the adventure instead of just at the end.
- The picture pop-up sequence makes a temporary return in this episode.
- The official permanent return of the picture pop-up sequence however wasn’t until Dora Saves the Mermaids.
- This is both the first double-length episode and also the first episode in general where four pictures pop up one at a time. The last picture that popped up had a tone pitch increase of 15.
- This is the only time the picture pop-up sequence appears without Map's zoom wipe.
- This is one of few episodes where the fourth wall is broken. The last friendship bracelet in the box is for the viewer.
- Tico speaks English many times in this episode.
- Swiper helps Dora out willingly in this episode.
- This is the second double-length episode where Boots does not go with Dora and where the Fiesta Trio played their original fanfare four times. The first episode in which this has happened is "Dora's Fairytale Adventure".
- This is also the 18th episode in which Dora returns to where she has started after reaching the final place on the map, something that occurred in "Three Little Piggies", "Big River", "Berry Hunt", "The Chocolate Tree", "El Día De Las Madres", "Click!", "A Present For Santa", "School Pet", "Save the Puppies!", "What Happens Next?", "Journey to the Purple Planet", "Dora's Pirate Adventure", "Boots' Cuddly Dinosaur", "Dora's Fairytale Adventure", "Star Mountain", "Super Babies", and "A Crown for King Juan el Bobo".
- Just like "Dora's Dance to the Rescue", this episode was produced the same year that this episode premiered in which was 2006.
- The Nick Jr. Productions logo from 2005-2009 uses the 1999-2005 Nick Jr. Productions audio on TV airings.
- This is the first appearance of Amelie, Dora's friend from France. Amelie will appear later again in "Bouncy Boots".
- The Fiesta Trio play their original fanfare tune every time Dora and Swiper complete the task on returning the friendship bracelets.
- Also, it is unknown how they got to France, Tanzania, Russia, and China.
- In Russia, Swiper does not wear a winter outfit like Dora.
- This is also the first appearance of Mei, Dora's friend from China. She will appear again later in "Isa's Unicorn Flowers" and will even later make a cameo appearance in "Feliz Dia De Los Padres".
- The grown-up voice Dora and Boots had in "Dora's Dance to the Rescue" was also heard in this episode. This will happen one more time in "Dora Saves the Mermaids".
- The graphics have been changed in this episode just like the background and Dora having smaller eyes. All of these things have been used in Season 5.
- Dora, Map, and Backpack's Season 5 looks have been debuted in this episode.
- This is the third episode to use the extended version of We Did It, the other two are Dora's Pirate Adventure and Dora's Dance to the Rescue.
- Fifi the skunk in France, Sammy the hyena in Tanzania, Fomkah the bear in Russia, and Ying Ying the weasel in China always tries to swipe things like Swiper and all wear the same mask and gloves as Swiper.
- Not only Fifi the skunk, Sammy the hyena, Fomkah the bear, and Ying Ying the weasel appear right away to swipe everyone's stuff, they also make the same whisking sound Swiper does.
- Everyone says the character's name followed by "no swiping!" three times to stop them, and they all say "Oh, man!" in their own ways. ("Alors, zut!" for Fifi, "Eee!" for Sammy, "Oye!" for Fomkah, and "Nin-nah!" for Ying Ying).
- In addition, there is also a Russian Cranky Troll who is the Grumpy Old Troll of Russia, except he is purple instead of yellow.
- This is the first time the Travel Song (but with different instrumentals) features four places to go instead of three. It is also the second episode in which Swiper sings it with Dora. Also, the answer to the question "Where are we going?" is "Around the world". The fourth "Where are we going?" is asked in Spanish.
- The Fiesta Trio don't jump out to say where they're going.
- Isa mentions that everyone has got to stop Swiper from swiping the bracelets but they are too late anyway.
- Dora travels without Boots in this episode as he does not travel with her because she tells him to stay behind looking after everything by being in charge while she is gone.
- This is the last episode to find Swiper.
- As soon as Dora goes behind the Paris fountain, her old clothes magically disappear and change immediately into Paris clothes.
- Swiper wears a blue bowtie to the Friendship Day Party when he and Dora return home.
- During the Travel Song sung for a second time, Swiper is the only one clapping after he and/or Dora ask "Where are we going?", because Dora is holding onto the handlebars of the scooter to steer it and if she took her hands off the handlebars to clap as well, the scooter would most likely not drive in the right direction. However, she does take one hand off at many parts of the song.
- This is not only the Grumpy Old Troll's 14th appearance but also the second instance in which he appears away from his bridge (excluding any of his characters find segments). This previously occurred in The Happy Old Troll.
- When each of the animals makes the same whisking sound as Swiper, everyone says the same line "that sneaky (animal) is always trying to swipe our stuff" which is exactly what Boots always says whenever he's traveling with Dora.
- Fifi the skunk has the same first name as Fifi La Fume from the 1990 cartoon Tiny Toons. Coincidentally, they are both female skunks and they speak with French accents.
- This is the 99th overall episode aired on TV (or 98th due to VHS/DVD).
- This episode premiered on Nick instead of Nick Jr.
- This is the last episode to premiere in 2006 on TV.
- Although Swiper is on his bad side when he is first shown in the episode, he then turns into is good side while helping Dora returned the bracelets.
- However, Fifi, Sammy, Fomkah, and Ying-Ying later take his place as the antagonists.
- "Bonjour" means Hello in French.
- "Jambo" means Hello in Swahili.
- "Previet" means Hello in Russian.
- "Ni Hao" means Hello in Mandarin Chinese.
- When this episode premiered on November 19, 2006, the screen bug changed during Part 2.
- Part 1 had the Nick Jr. Frogs screen bug and Part 2 had the Nick Jr. Bears screen bug.
- This episode premiered the same day as the release of the Wii.
- Treehouse normally airs this episode during Valentine's Day.
- This is the second first where Swiper has a favorite part at the end of the episode.
- Diego and Baby Jaguar have their Go, Diego, Go! selves in this episode.
- This is the first episode where Baby Jaguar talks in Dora the Explorer. If one looks closely, his mouth is moving when the cast all speak together.
- However, their voices are hard to hear in this episode because of everyone saying "Forever and ever" and cheering, but Diego was most likely voiced by Jake T. Austin in this episode and Baby Jaguar was most likely voiced by Thomas Sharkey. However, it is unknown not only because of that, but also because they are unlisted in the credits.
- After Dora puts on her France outfit, her flower bracelet disappears for the rest of the episode.
- Dora changes her outfits very fast.
- In the closed-captions, "Previet" is listed as "Afraidyet", which makes no sense at all.
- When Dora and Swiper reach to China and have already jumped over the wall, Dora can be seen in her regular garments.
- When Dora comes off the jet plane, her backpack disappears, then Backpack is found in the crowd.
- During the end credits, Swiper's name is in the end credits but it's credited as Swipers instead of Swiper.
- Perhaps Fifi the skunk, Sammy the hyena, Fomkah the bear, and Ying Ying the weasel are part of the Swipers along with Swiper and the end credits state that Marc Weiner voiced them all, including Map.
- When Dora enters the airplane, she is still in her China outfit. In one scene on the plane, she's in her casual outfit. In the next scene, she's back in her China outfit.
- During the Map song, the world is spinning the wrong way.
- iTunes (under double-length episodes volume 2) lists this episode as "World Adventure". Both "Dora's" and the exclamation mark are left out.
- In real life, it is very impossible to travel around the world in just one day (although here it doesn't apply due to cartoon logic), it would actually take longer than that.
- It is unknown why Dora's family (Mami, Papi, Guillermo, Isabella), Abuela, Diego's family (his mother, his father, Alicia), and Daisy did not show up at the Friendship Day party.
- Additionally, it is unknown why Boots, Benny, Isa, and Tico's family, and Swiper's Grandma, did not show up at the Friendship Day party.
Older Episode Reference
- The scene where Dora has to make silly faces to make the Russian Cranky Troll laugh and get the gate to open is a reference to The Super Silly Fiesta, in which Dora and Boots make silly faces to get the Grumpy Old Troll to laugh.
Swiper the Fox