|Dora's Super Soccer Showdown!|
|Airdate||Thursday, June 5, 2014|
|Written by||Rosemary Contreras
|Directed by||George Chialtas|
|Previous||Dora's Museum Sleepover Adventure|
|Next||Dora and the Very Sleepy Bear|
Dora's Super Soccer Showdown! is the 14th episode of Dora the Explorer from Season 8.
Dora and her friends travel to Brazil to play with Paola in the Big Cup Soccer Tournament against a team of monsters.
This plot summary is incomplete. Feel free to help Dora and friends by completing it. Please remember to remove this template once the plot summary is complete.
Teams in this episode
- Samba Trees
Go, Go, Go! Vai, Vai, Vai! ¡Vamos, Vamos, Vamos!
- This is Isa’s final appearance in Dora the Explorer, she will return again in Dora and Friends: Into the City! episodes Return to the Rainforest and Dora's Rainforest Reunion.
- A remix of Swiper's theme can be heard in this episode before and when Dora and the gang chant "Swiper, no swiping!".
- This could bear a resemblance to ¡Por Favor! where everyone including Dora said "Swiper, no swiping!".
- This is the last episode to use a special opening sequence with a different opening theme.
- This episode is very similar to The Golden Explorers, Dora Saves the Game, and slightly We're a Team! (although the third aforementioned episode is about racing and not soccer).
- The Nickelodeon Logo music becomes low toned at the end of this episode.
- Paola teaches the viewer at home some Portuguese.
- This is 4th and final episode where the viewers get to learn a new language besides Spanish, just like in Dora's World Adventure!, Diego's Safari Rescue and Egyptian Camel Adventure. In the aforementioned episodes, the viewers learn how to say Hello in French, Swahili, Russian, Mandarin Chinese and Arabic.
- This is the 172nd episode of the show.
- This is the last episode to premiere in 2014.
- This is the second most watched cartoon episode about the 2014 FIFA World Cup after "You Don't Have to Live Like a Referee", an episode from popular teen-adult animated series The Simpsons, which is known for getting some World Cup predictions right.
- Dora and Boots don't sing the Travel Song in this episode, they instead sing a song about getting to the soccer game and winning it, they also sing that they're all together.
- Just like in Super Spies, Dora's Easter Adventure, and Dora's Ice-Skating Spectacular, Map only says "I'm the Map!" once instead of singing the entire song. The Fiesta Trio doesn't join in either.
- This episode premiered exactly 13 years after Swing Into Action! and Wish on a Star were released on VHS, 8 years after Baby Jaguar's Roar premiered (in current airings), 5 years after Dora Saves the Three Little Pigs premiered, and 1 year after Kittens in Mittens premiered.
- Although the following episodes after this one were produced in 2014, this is the last episode to premiere after the series went on a 5-year and two-day hiatus.
- This is the last episode to use the 2009 Nickelodeon Productions logo, further episodes beginning with Dora Saves Fairytale Land would start using the new 2017 Nickelodeon Productions logo.
- This episode aired on June 5, which was exactly one week before the actual 2014 FIFA World Cup which began on June 12 and ended on July 13.
- The quote, "We're not scared!" is a reference to the Season 1 episode Berry Hunt, where there’s a line with said quote in the Going on a Berry Hunt song.
- The "Go-go-go-go-Golden Explorers!" chant was previously heard in The Golden Explorers.