|Dora's Dance to the Rescue|
|Airdate||Tuesday, October 11, 2005 (VHS and DVD)|
Friday, November 11, 2005 (Nick Jr.)
- Fiesta Trio
- Mountain Goat
- Pirate Pig
- Pirate Piggies
- King Juan el Bobo
- King's Mommy
- Dancing Elf
Dora tells a story where she and Boots try to rescue Swiper the Fox from a magical bottle after getting tricked by a dancing elf, by heading to the castle to attend King Juan el Bobo's dance contest and win one big wish to free him.
Dora and Boots are going to tell the viewer the story about a magic bottle. The magic bottle contains the little-dancing elf but the only way he can get out is if someone open his magic bottle, and they get magically stucked in. Swiper is walking by the dancing elf, with his sidekick cane, decides to trick Swiper inside the magic bottle and then Swiper opens up the magic bottle and magically get stucked into the magic bottle, and the dancing elf is free and goes dancing through out to the rainforest. Swiper calls Dora, and Boots for help and they’re shocked to see that Swiper is stuck inside the magic bottle. Dora tried to opened the magic bottle and Swiper warns her that if she opens up the magic bottle that she’ll get stucked in. The magic bottle comes to life and says that the only way to get Swiper out from the magic bottle is to go to the castle for the King’s dance competition and the prize is one big wish. The problem is that they don’t know how to get there, so they asked the Map for assistance. Map tells them that in order to get to the castle, they have to go through the pyramid and sail across the ocean. So first they have to go through the pyramid. Dora, Boots and Swiper, find Tico to hopped on an airplane and they get a ride. Then they got three parachutes and jumped off the airplane. The trio got help from a mountain goat and they all walked into the pyramid, it was very dark inside the pyramid. Luckily, Swiper gets a flashlight from his pocket inside the magic bottle. As they try to go inside the pyramid, the Mountain Goat warns them about the bugs inside the pyramid. They must dance like the marching ants, wiggling spiders and sneaky snakes. After they got past all the dancing animals, the pyramid is opening, and he saw the fountain inside the pyramid. Just like an elevator, then the garden is growing, then, they saw the three Mountain Goats, down near from the pyramid and the Mountain Goat hopped down the pyramid to the three Mountain Goats and then, Dora, Boots, and Swiper, sliding down from the pyramid. Now they need to figure out where to go next. Map tells them that made it through the pyramid. Now they to sail across the ocean. The dancing elf said to his cane that they’ll try to stop them at the ocean. They found Isa and her bike and Dora, Boots and Swiper rode the bike towards to the ocean. They succeeded and their next part of their journey is the ocean. Dora, Boots and Swiper called to Pirate Pig and his piggy crew to help them sail across the ocean. So they got on the pirate ship and off they went.
There are big waves in the ocean which caused Swiper to fall down in the water. Then a whale came out. Swiper tried to tell the whale to be careful not to swallow him. The whale didn’t hear him so he actually swallowed him! Now, the only way to get him out was if the Whale sneezed him out. So they called Backpack and Backpack had some pepper. The Whale sneezed out Swiper. While they’re sailing with the pirates, a Stormy Storm comes and tells them to get past him is to do the pirate dance. With the viewer’s help, they did so and the Stormy Storm is impressed and gives them pirate treasure. They wonder what‘s inside. They open it and their ride across the Ocean turned into a pirate party with balloons, cake, goody bags, streamers and music. Map tells them that so far, they walked through the pyramid, and sailed across the ocean. Now, all they have to do is to walk in the castle. Dora, Boots, and Swiper, they thanked the pirate piggies, and they got to the castle. When they approach the steps to the castle, a castle guard tells them that they can’t entering to the castle unless they have any fancy clothes. All hope seems to be lost, until Benny the Bull comes in his hot air balloon and gives them their fancy clothes. Boots wears a red bowtie and Dora is wearing a purple and pink gown with red stripes and purple flats. They went back up the stairs. The castle guard accepted their clothes and told them to go inside and King Juan el Bobo announces they start of the dance competition. The dancing elf does all the dances correctly but Dora and Boots are able to keep up with them. King Juan el Bobo says it’s a tie between Dora, Boots and the dancing elf, then the king says that to win the contest, they are to make his mother dance but she says she doesn’t like dancing because she's just not good at it. King Juan el Bobo thinks that's very silly. Dora, Boots, and Swiper, gets everyone in the castle and even the King’s Mommy to dance and King Juan el Bobo declares Dora and Boots to be the winners and the guards and bringing their wish box that allows them to make their one big wish. Dora and Boots and wish for Swiper free from the magic bottle and he is free but the magic swirls around the dancing elf but Dora asks if the dancing elf can be free from the magic bottle forever and King Juan el Bobo accepted her request. The dancing elf apologizes for tricking Swiper and he is able to dance out of the magic bottle for good. King Juan el Bobo‘s mother dances with the dancing elf and everyone can dance in the castle dances happily.
Places in this episode
Items in Backpack (clockwise starting from the top right)
- A yellow raincoat
- A pink sock
- A navy blue comb
- A banana
- A red yo-yo
- Some pepper (the item taken out)
- The Elf Song
- Travel Song
- Marching Ants
- Wiggling Spider
- Sneaky Snake
- Pirate Dance
- Watch Me Spin
- Ants in Your Pants
- Dance Like a Fish
- Everyone Can Dance
- We Did It!
- This episode premiered the same day after Linda the Llama Saves Carnaval.
- This is the first double-length episode to feature a Character Find during the closing credits.
- This is the 2nd double-length episode to have the usual 3 places instead of 4.
- A different font style was used in the closing credits.
- This is the last episode to premiere in 2005.
- This is the 3rd double-length episode of the series.
- This is the only double-length of the series to use the 2005-2008 Nick Jr. Productions logo with the correct music, Dora's World Adventure and Dora Saves the Mermaids will use that same logo but with the 1999-2005 Nick Jr Productions logo music.
- As Dora, Boots, Swiper and Pirate Pig have a pirate party across the ocean, Dora wears a pink and yellow striped party hat similar to the one in the episode Whose Birthday is It?. Also, Boots' party hat is not blue, but it still has yellow polka-dots except the party it is purple.
- This is the 94th episode of the show.
- Dora and Boots' voices are the same as the one used in previous episodes, but they sound noticeably different (possibly because Dora's voice actress and Boots' voice actor sound older at the time this episode was being produced). The voices have already debuted in the Go, Diego, Go! episode Linda the Llama Saves Carnaval before this episode aired. They will be heard again in Dora's World Adventure and Dora Saves the Mermaids.
- This is the second and last double-length episode where Map is asked more than once, and the second and last double-length episode with no picture pop-up sequence.
- This is also the first double-length episode without star catching, although the star pocket can be seen on Backpack throughout the episode.
- This is not only the first double-length episode without star-catching and explorer stars, but also the last double-length episode where Dora's star pocket is shown. It will be hidden in the next two double-length episodes (Dora's World Adventure and Dora Saves the Mermaids).
- The graphics has been changed in this episode just like the background and Dora having smaller eyes. All of these things have been used in Season 5.
- Dora's Season 5 look debuted in this episode.
- This was the second episode to use the extended version of We Did It!. The first was Dora's Pirate Adventure.
- When Dora and Boots sing the Travel Song, they ask "What do we need?" and answer "One big wish" instead of "Where are we going?" then the last place, the exact same question from the Season 1 episode Sticky Tape.
- Diego, Alicia, Pirate Parrot and Baby Jaguar don’t appear in this episode.
- This is the first episode where Pirate Pig and the Pirate Piggies appeared without Pirate Parrot.
- Before everyone starts singing We Did It!, Dora and Boots do not yell out "We Did It!" Instead, King Juan el Bobo yells out "Let's dance!!" to begin the song.
- Swiper is on his good side without any swiping because he's stuck in the bottle and wants to get out so Dora and Boots help him get out which he appreciates.
- This is also the first episode where Swiper says "Oh man!" despite not committing a swiping antic nor snapping his fingers since he felt so embarrassed that the Dancing Elf tricked him into opening the bottle.
- However, the Dancing Elf and his Cane sidekick take Swiper's place as the antagonist.
- Dora does not use the picture pop-up sequence that show the places she’s going, she instead uses Map as her guide, just like in Dora's Fairytale Adventure. This is the last double-length episode in which this happens.
- This is the first episode Swiper sings the Travel Song with Dora and Boots although they don't say "Where are we going?" or the last place after saying that as the answer.
- Map says "I'm the Map" three times, so Fiesta Trio don't sing the I'm the Map song with him.
- When Dora and Boots are surprised finding Swiper stuck in the bottle by Dancing Elf, Dora makes a sad look when she calls him a poor fox and when she tries opening it until he warns her not to because then she'll get stuck in the bottle as well like him, it seems very interesting that she can make sad looks but she almost never makes angry looks whenever she sometimes gets mad. However, she got mad and only got mad but she never made an angry look in Lost and Found when Mr. Scarecrow scared Baby Blue Bird.
- It is unknown how the Fiesta Trio got to King Juan el Bobo's Castle and ended up on his crown.
- This is the first double-length episode to be presented as a story. This will happen again in Dora's Christmas Carol Adventure.
- This episode premiered on TV on Veterans Day 2005.
- This episode premiered exactly 2 years after Dora Saves the Game premiered.
- When Dora sings the Travel Song, her hand keeps going through to the magic bottle.
- In the credits it said "Dance to the Rescue". The word "Dora's" is not included.
- The scene where the castle guard tells Dora, Boots and Swiper that they are not allowed to enter the castle without any of their fancy clothes is a reference to the “No Dogs Allowed” scenes from Snoopy, Come Home.
GalleryVideo game by Atari based of this TV movie:
Swiper the Fox
|Dora the Explorer Season 4|
|Dora's Fairytale Adventure | Daisy, La Quinceañera | Star Catcher | La Maestra de Música | The Shy Rainbow | Swiper the Explorer | Star Mountain | Big Sister Dora | Super Babies | Catch the Babies | Dora's Got a Puppy | We're a Team! | Super Spies 2: The Swiping Machine | Dora & Diego to the Rescue | A Crown for King Juan el Bobo | The Mixed-Up Seasons | Best Friends | Dora's Dance to the Rescue | Save Diego | Dora's First Trip | Baby Jaguar's Roar | Dora's World Adventure! | Boots to the Rescue | Baby Crab | Dora Saves the Mermaids|