|Dora's Big Birthday Adventure|
|Airdate||Tuesday, August 3, 2010 (DVD)|
Sunday, August 15, 2010 (TV)
Current Airings: 21
|Previous||Boots' Banana Wish|
Current Airings: Swiper the Explorer
|Next||Dora's Pegaso Adventure|
- Fiesta Trio
- Big Red Chicken
- Boots' father
- Baby Jaguar
- Gray Train
- Val the Octopus
- Señor Tucán
- Grumpy Old Troll
- Pirate Piggies
- Pirate Pig
- Sabrina the Snow Princess
- Birthday Wizzle
- Flying Monkeys
- La Bruja
- Mr. Scarecrow
- Little Monster
- Storm Cloud
- Little Star
The episode starts with Dora and Boots in the magic story book they need to get home for Dora's 8th birthday so they can celebrate, but they end up in the twisty wind cloud to Wizzle World they go on an adventure back home for the party by finding the Wishing Wizzle and give him back his wishing crystal get past a mean witch who hates wishes.
As Dora and Boots approach a sunflower field, they see Scarecrow, who is disappointed because he couldn't scare the crows.
Uh-oh! ¡Falta ago! This plot summary is incomplete. Feel free to help Dora and friends by completing it.
- Sea Snake Lake
- Dancing Forest
- Rainbow (Sunflower Field)
- Wizzle Mountain
- We're Going Home
- Good Luck song
- Travel Song (Big Birthday Adventure variation)
- Coconut Conga (from "Dora Saves the Mermaids")
- Boo! (song)
- Rain, Rain, Go Away (from "The Big Storm")
- Dora's Home
- We Did It! (new version)
Older Episode Clips
- Episodes used in the magic storybook recap, in order:
- Episodes used during "We're Going Home", in order:
- "Star Catcher"
- "A Present For Santa"
- "The Happy Old Troll"
- "Benny's Big Race"
- "Little Star"
- "We All Scream for Ice Cream"
- "Best Friends"
- "¡Rápido, Tico!"
- "Dora's First Trip"
- "Save Diego"
- "Best Friends" (again)
- "Save Diego" (again)
- "Dora's First Trip" (again)
- "Dora & Diego to the Rescue"
- "The Shy Rainbow"
- "Super Spies"
- "Boots' Special Day"
- "The Super Silly Fiesta"
- "Dora's World Adventure"
- "El Dia De Las Madres"
- "Big Sister Dora"
- "Best Friends" (a third time)
- "Isa's Unicorn Flowers"
- "Meet Diego!"
- "Best Friends" (a fourth and final time)
- "The Super Silly Fiesta" (again)
- "Dora & Diego to the Rescue" (again)
- "Super Babies"
- "The Backpack Parade"
- "Lost Squeaky"
- "The Happy Old Troll" (again)
- "The Super Silly Fiesta" (a third and final time)
- "Rojo the Fire Truck"
- "Dora's Pirate Adventure"
- "The Magic Stick"
- "Boots' Cuddly Dinosaur"
- Episodes remembered during the first Travel Song, in order:
- Episodes remembered during the second Travel Song, in order:
- This episode marks the 10th anniversary of the series and features a few songs from past episodes and some new ones.
- This is the final episode of the Magic Storybook Trilogy, following "Dora Saves the Snow Princess" and "Dora Saves the Crystal Kingdom".
- This is the 9th episode that lasted over 30 minutes.
- This is the second episode where the tip of Boots' tail gets chomped, the first being "Fish Out of Water".
- During "We're Going Home", the characters in the flashbacks appear to be lip-syncing to the song.
- This is the first episode to use a newer, more upbeat version of the "We Did It" song. It will be used for the rest of the series.
- The crystal Dora wears throughout the episode is the same one Dora wore in "Dora Saves the Snow Princess" and "Dora Saves the Crystal Kingdom". It is revealed in this episode to be the Wishing Wizzle's wishing crystal, and when Dora says she got it in another story, she is referencing the events of the former episodes.
- After this double-length special, it is never seen again because the Wishing Wizzle has it, as Dora gave it to him, and this is the final episode of the Magic Storybook Trilogy.
- There was no four picture pop-up sequence after going over the rainbow.
- This is the 121st episode of the series.
- In some scenes of this episode, Dora has her Season 6 look.
- This is the second time the birthday balloon is shown. "Whose Birthday is It?" marks the first time.
- Map uses different animations and assets in his segment.
- He also says the places twice before the zoom wipe.
- After Map explains to the viewer about getting to the last place Dora and Boots got to go, he just says "Remember", instead of the usual "So remember".
- This episode also has the highest number of characters present in the entire series, being 30 (counting the wizzles as one character and the flying monkeys counting as two).
- This episode parodies The Wizard of Oz. Dora is Dorothy, Boots is Toto, Sabrina is Glinda, La Bruja is the Wicked Witch of the West, the Scarecrow is the scarecrow, and the Birthday Wizzle is the Wizard of Oz while the Wizzles are the munchkins and the Flying Monkeys are Nikko and the flying monkeys, the only characters who are missing from The Wizard of Oz is the Tin Man and the Cowardly Lion.
- Swiper is on his good side at Dora's Birthday Party. However, Dora and Boots stopped him from swiping twice in the flashbacks. Also, La Bruja replaces him as the antagonist.
- This episode shows some clips from past episodes from Seasons 1-4, but Dora and Boots's dialogues from those episodes were re-recorded by the new cast.
- This is the only double-length episode of the series in which Dora wears her casual outfit throughout the episode.
- Dora and Boots don't sing the Travel Song in this episode, however, they technically do but they don't sing it in the original way and it's not played in the original version, they sing it in a different way and it's played in a different version, they actually sing the Travel Song Big Birthday Adventure Variation.
- Before the We Did It! song, the Fiesta Trio play their fanfare music but without their instruments, their music just plays when they are flying on balloons.
- Dora and Boots will never sing the original We Did It! from now on.
- Unlike Whose Birthday is It? which they sing it to Swiper, the entire cast doesn't sing the Happy Birthday song to Dora. They also don't sing Feliz Cumpleaños from Season 1 episode Surprise!.
- The birthday balloon with a picture of Dora on it is magenta and pink, but in Whose Birthday is It?, the balloon with a picture of Swiper on it was yellow and orange. However, they both have the same design.
- In later episodes, Dora's eyes will be larger, but her eyes may still look normal due to the size increase being insignificant.
- The birthday party music that plays on the Birthday Balloon is recycled from Whose Birthday is It?.
- This is the first episode using the Nickelodeon logo from 2009-present.
- This episode premiered exactly 10 years after Lost and Found premiered.
- Unlike the TV version, the DVD version uses a variation of the intro from "Dora Saves the Crystal Kingdom".
- During the Pirate Dance segment, the song and background is different than what it is in Dora's Dance to the Rescue and Dora and Boots had their pirate outfit from Dora's Pirate Adventure.
- Dora forgets to defeat La Bruja, so it's possible that La Bruja is not giving up just yet.
- The scene where the Pirate Piggies are sailing under the wishing star is actually from an unfinished episode that was later merged to this episode, then scrapped due to it not fitting the theme of this episode.
- A scene with Dora and Boots looking at all the stars and the wishing crystal in the night sky, Boots' original favorite part, followed by Dora showing the viewer their wishing star and telling them that it only works for good wishes was going to be included in this episode, as evidenced in a video behind-the-scenes look on Parents featuring voice actress Caitlin Sanchez, in which a snippet of the script of this episode is shown on camera.
- Just like the rainbow in the season 2 episodes, "The Big Storm" and "The Missing Piece", it did not have a red, indigo, and purple stripe, three colors that rainbows also have in real life.
|Dora the Explorer Season 5|
|First Day of School | The Backpack Parade | Benny's Big Race | Isa's Unicorn Flowers | Dora's Jack-in-the-Box | Bark, Bark to Play Park | Dora Saves the Snow Princess | The Mayan Adventure | Bouncy Boots | The Big Red Chicken's Magic Show | Dora Saves Three Kings Day | Benny's Treasure | Dora Saves the Three Little Pigs | Dora Saves the Crystal Kingdom | The Super Babies Dream Adventure | Dora's Christmas Carol Adventure | Dora Helps the Birthday Wizzle | Pirate Treasure Hunt | Boots' Banana Wish | Dora's Big Birthday Adventure|