|Airdate||Tuesday, November 5, 2002|
|Written by|| Eric Weiner|
|Directed by||George Chialtas|
- Fiesta Trio
- Señor Tucán
- Sleepy Sloth
- Mountain Goat
- Tallest Mountain
- La Lechuza (cameo)
Dora and Boots enter a photo contest that requires them to take pictures of certain wild animals: Sleepy Sloth, a Mountain Goat and Swiper the Fox to win.
The episode begins with Dora at the photo shop. She has new camera in her hands. She can take ten pictures with the camera. Then Dora sees a poster talking about a photo contest for taking pictures of wild animals. To win the contest Dora has to take a picture of a sleepy sloth, a mountain goat, and a fox. Suddenly, Dora hears an "ooh-ooh-ahh-ahh!" It was Boots the monkey in the tree. Dora takes a picture of Boots making a silly face. Dora asked Boots if he would like to help. Boots says he would be glad to. Dora tells him the animals they need to take pictures of. Boots knew a fox and so did Dora. Dora asks the viewer if he/she knows a fox. The fox's name is Swiper. Dora and Boots thought they could take a picture of Swiper and be the first ones ever to take a picture of him. Dora and Boots needed to know where to find the animals to take their pictures, so they check the Map for assistance. Map says they need that first they need to go through the rainforest to find the sleepy sloth. Next, they need to Tallest Mountain to find the mountain goat. Finally, they need to Blueberry Hill to find Swiper the fox because that's where he lives. But it's going to be hard to take a picture of him because he's so quick. So, Dora and Boots got going. En route to the rainforest, Dora takes pictures of a rabbit, a bear cub holding a flower, and a baby deer and her mommy. Soon Dora and Boots make it to the rainforest. Boots wondered how they'll find the sleepy sloth. Suddenly, they hear a loud snoring. They need to follow the snores to find her. Dora and Boots come up to two paths. They have to listen for the loud snore. They hear a quiet snore on the red path and a loud snore on the blue path. They take the blue path. Soon they come to two more paths. They hear a quiet snore on the yellow path and a loud snore on the green path. They go down the green path and soon they can hear the sleepy sloth nearby. Dora asks the viewer if he/she sees the sleepay sloth. The blue cursor clicks on her hanging on the tree. Dora said it's going to be hard to take a good picture of her. But Boots said he can do it because he can climb trees. He takes the picture and thanked her for letting them do so. Dora says the picture is for a photo contest. Now, they had to find Tallest Mountain. There are three mountains, one is tall and the other is taller. The viewer finds the TALLEST mountain. Along the way, they take a picture of an owl (La Lechuza), a frog, and an armadillo. They say hello to tallest mountain and explained that they need to get a picture of a mountain goat for a photo contest. He is high up on top of the mountain. Dora had to climb up the mountain. After that, she asks the mountain goat for a picture because it is really important. Then she takes a picture and thanked him. So far, they found the sleepy sloth at the rainforest and the mountain goat at tallest mountain. Now they have to go to Swiper's home, Blueberry Hill. The gate is shut, so they say "abre" for open to get in. Boots wanted to know how many pictures they have. They got 9 pictures and sure enough, they have enough pictures to get Swiper. Suddenly, the battery died. They get a new one out of Backpack and off they went. They are ready to take Swiper's picture. It was going to be hard to get a good picture of him because he is very quick. He comes his fox hole. Dora and Boots got a picture of him jumping in the air. But it's not over yet. They have to stop Swiper from swiping their camera. They did so and he jumped back into his fox hole. Now it’s time to go back to the photo shop. Dora's family, Benny, Isa, and Tico came to see. Dora and Boots get out the three pictures and framed them. Señor Tucan flies over with a blue ribbon and says that said they won the contest.
Places in episode
- This is the first episode where the 3 picture sequence went in a different order (something that will happen in later seasons): Dora says out the places after each square appears. However, she still reviews what they had to do. This happens again in Hide and Go Seek. In late Season 2 and in later seasons, she does not review what they have to do. She will instead ask the viewer where there need to go first, and then the blue cursor will click on the first square.
- This means that this episode is apparently produced after all other Season 2 episodes where Dora says out the places after all 3 squares appear.
- Dora & Boots take 10 pictures but needed 3 main pictures to win the contest.
- Dora and Boots take a picture of the viewer for fun and at the end of the episode after saying their favorite parts.
- This is the 40th episode of the show.
- Dora and Boots don't sing the Travel Song in this episode, however, they still say the places, they just don't say "where are we going", they instead sing Finding the Animals and the song is played with a different instrumental version instead of the original version.
- The Blue Cursor is also something that's used and meant for clicking.
- This episode continues the idea of finding the difference between three mountains (tall, taller, and tallest) to find Tallest Mountain.
- This episode aired the same day Move to the Music was released on VHS.
- Lost Map, Pinto, the Pony Express, The Big Piñata, The Happy Old Troll, Super Map!, and this episode are the 6 consecutive episodes Dora and Boots successfully stop Swiper and has never even swiped from them once.
- The Sleepy Sloth will appear again in the episode Egg Hunt.
- This is the fifth episode where Dora and Boots returned to where they started from after reaching the final place on the map. They returned to the photo shop to frame their pictures and they won the contest. The first four times in which they return to where they started from were Three Little Piggies, Berry Hunt, The Chocolate Tree, and El Día De Las Madres.
- After saying the places for the third time, Map briefly bends over as if he were about to jump and do the ending transition.
- Tallest Mountain is in a different place considering this episode takes place after "Lost Map" and "Super Map!". This may lead some to assume this Tallest Mountain is a direct cousin of the one prior to this one. However, in this episode, Tallest Mountain is the middle location, so this further proves this theory/goof/error.
- iTunes lists this episode as "Click". The exclamation mark is simply left out.
Swiper the Fox
|Dora the Explorer Season 2|
|The Big Storm | The Magic Stick | The Missing Piece | Rojo the Fire Truck | Lost Squeaky | Doctor Dora | The Golden Explorers | El Día De Las Madres | Lost Map | Pinto, the Pony Express | The Big Piñata | The Happy Old Troll | Super Map! | Click! | ¡Rápido, Tico! | A Present For Santa | A Letter for Swiper | Dora, La Músico | Egg Hunt | Super Spies | To the Monkey Bars | Hide and Go Seek | School Pet | Quack! Quack! | Whose Birthday is It? | The Lost City | León, the Circus Lion|