The Blue Cursor was used as a cursor in Dora the Explorer.
|Occupation||Computer Clicker (Windows and Dora Computer)|
|Last Appearance||Dora Saves Fairytale Land|
Role in the show
When Dora asks a question, it clicks on the answer. In the ending credits, it is seen clicking on a button to reveal the credits, and also trying to find the featured character in the Character Find segments.
The Blue Cursor takes the form of a blue arrow with a white border. It is angled at around 40 to 50 degrees with the point of the arrow facing the right side of the screen. The top half and the bottom half of the arrow are about the same width. When it clicks on something, the object it is clicking on will glow yellowish-white.
- As of late 2013, the Blue Cursor was completely gone; instead, the highlighted object will simply glow, except for clicking on Dora at the end of the "We Did It!" song.
- Dora and Boots never mention the blue cursor by its name and they don't even see it on-screen anywhere whenever it clicks stuff, Dora doesn't even feel it clicking her at the end of every episode because it's a computer clicker.
- Dora does, however. If one looks closely, she looked down at the cursor when it clicks on her at the Troll Bridge in "Call Me Mr. Riddles".
- The Blue Cursor is always clicking on Dora at the end of every episode but until it hits Season 5, it stops clicking on Dora at end of each episode from now on and instead opens and closes with a fade in and fade out effect on-screen.
- The Blue Cursor appears in every episode but in Season 7 and Season 8, it's not used for clicking anything anymore, it only clicks on Dora after singing We Did It! in every episode from now on including Backpack's sequence.
- The Blue Cursor never makes an appearance in Dora and Friends: Into the City!.
- In Go, Diego, Go!, the Blue Cursor only appears during Backpack's or Map's sequence.
- The Blue Cursor is always seen on the title of Dora the Explorer with the word "the" on it after the theme song and it clicks on Dora beginning the show, except in the Season 7-8 opening sequence, it doesn't click on Dora, the show automatically begins by itself with a fade in and fade out effect.
- The Blue Cursor was red instead of blue on the Music-To-Go toy.
- In Seasons 7 and 8, when the cursor moves to click on Dora at the end of the We Did It! song it moves faster than how it moved during the earlier seasons.