|Big Sister Dora|
|Airdate||Monday, March 21, 2005 (Nickelodeon)|
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 (VHS and DVD)
Big Sister Dora is the 8th episode of Dora the Explorer from Season 4.
- Fiesta Trio
- Baby Blue Bird (cameo)
- Blue Bird Family (cameo)
- Big Red Chicken
- Alicia (debut, cameo)
- Perrito (debut, cameo)
- Guillermo (debut, unnamed)
- Isabella (debut, unnamed)
- Tallest Mountain (cameo; non-anthropomorphic)
Dora has some big news about her family: someone new is joining! It's someone who sleeps in a cradle, drinks from a bottle, and likes to be rocked to sleep. The answer is a baby, which means that Dora's Mamí is pregnant! However, Dora and Boots want to know the new baby's gender is (boy, girl, or twins), so they must rush to her house to see the new baby and find out.
Today, Dora has some special news to share with the viewer. Even Boots wanted to hear it. Dora gives Boots and the viewer a hint. It sleeps in a crib, drinks from a bottle, wears diapers, and gets rocked to sleep. The answer is a baby. That means Dora's mamí is having a baby. Dora and Boots were so excited. So they hold their hands together and jumped up and down in unison as they yelled "A baby, a baby, a baby!". Boots wonders if it's a baby girl. Dora wonders if it's a baby boy. They couldn't wait to find out if the baby is here yet. Dora tells Boots that her father gave her a phone to put inside Backpack to let her know if the baby is coming.
Suddenly, "Ring-ring-ring-ring, ring-ring-ring-ring!". Backpack starts vibrating. Dora tells Boots the phone is ringing. Dora asks the viewer to quickly look in Backpack for her phone. The viewer says "Backpack" and a flash of light occurs. The viewer had to play a listening game to figure out which shape the phone was hiding behind. The phone was behind the triangle. The viewer got a look at the other objects behind the other shapes. There was a whistle behind the circle, a siren behind the square, bongos drums behind the rectangle, and a pair of trumpets behind the rhombus. After that, Dora answers the phone. It was her father telling Dora to come home quick because her mother has the baby now. After the call, Dora puts the phone back inside Backpack. Dora and Boots had to hurry home to Dora's house to see the baby. Dora and Boots ask Map for help. Map was so excited to hear that Dora's mother is having the baby and he also jumps up and down saying "A baby, a baby, a baby!". Map says that Dora and Boots have to go through the spooky forest, through the nut farm to get to Dora's house to see the baby. Dora and Boots get going. On their way, Boots collects some bananas. After that, Dora does some helpful things like helping baby blue bird get back into its nest. She helps 2 kids share a cookie by breaking it in half. And finally, she helps Big Red Chicken tie his shoes. Boots gives everybody a baby banana. Dora is going to be a big sister and Boots is a going to be a big monkey brother.
Suddenly, they see Isa the iguana. Dora and Boots tell Isa that Dora's Mami is having the baby. Isa was surprised and they all grabbed hands and jumped up and down yelling "a baby, a baby, a baby". Boots tells Isa that he's going to be like a big monkey brother. Isa plans on teaching the baby plants and animals. Dora and Boots tell Isa that they have to go through the spooky forest. Isa warns them that there are snakes and crocodiles on a sign. There was another sign that had the friendly frog. Dora, Boots and Isa had to figure out which path had the friendly frog. The viewer tells them that the 3rd path had the friendly frog. They go down the 3rd path. They saw snakes on the first 2 paths. Then, there were 5 paths. The viewer finds the friendly frog on the 5th path. Dora, Boots and Isa follow the friendly frog down the 5th path as they avoid the crocodiles on the first 4 paths. In no time, they make it through the spooky forest. Isa knows that Dora will be a great big sister. Boots offers Isa a baby banana.
Dora and Boots check map to figure out where to go next. Map tells the viewer they went through the spooky forest and a red checkmark is placed. Map asks the viewer where Dora and Boots have to go to next. The blue cursor clicks on the nut farm after the path traces up to that place. Map tells the viewer to tell Dora and Boots that they have to go to the nut farm. Dora and Boots get going again. Boots gets out more baby bananas for everyone. After that, Dora and Boots see Benny. They tell Benny that Dora's Mami is having a baby. Benny was surprised. Dora and Boots grab hands and jump up and down together yelling "a baby, a baby, a baby". Boots tells Benny that he's going to be like a big monkey brother. Benny plans to give the baby a piggyback ride. Benny had a problem of his own. He couldn't put his go-kart together. Dora gets out the instructions. The instructions say that they have to put on the tires, push in the seat and put on the steering wheel. Dora, Boots and Benny twisted on their tires. Dora gets the last tire twisted for her side. Next, Dora, Boots and Benny push in the seat together. And Dora twists the steering wheel into place. In no time, the go-kart was all built. Dora and Boots hop on Benny's go-kart with Benny in the driver seat. They put their seat-belts on. Benny puts his goggles on and then they started riding the go-kart towards the nut farm. Dora and Boots jump out and thanked Benny for the ride. Boots gives Benny a baby banana and Benny drives away.
Suddenly, Dora and Boots see Tico and his cousins. They tell Tico that Dora's Mami was having a baby. "Un bebe" asks Tico. Dora responds "Yes, a baby!" in Spanish". Dora, Boots, Tico and his cousins all grabbed hands. Then, they jump and down yelling "¡Un bebe, un bebe, un bebe!". Boots tells the squirrels and Tico that he's going to be a big monkey brother. Tico plans on teaching the baby Spanish words. Dora and Boots can see that it's busy at the nut farm. All the squirrels are gathering their nuts. They have to be careful about crossing the street. Dora, Boots, Tico and the squirrels will know if the path isn't clear when the sign is "rojo" meaning red in Spanish. When this happens, they have to stop. If the sign is "verde", green, the path is clear and they can cross safely. The viewer saw a red sign which meant they have to stop. The sign flips around and it's now green. Boots explains to the viewer that if he/she ever try to cross a street, he/she should always look both ways before crossing. They looked both ways and started walking together. There was another sign which was green. Dora and the others know that it's safe to cross. They look both ways and picked up speed to the next sign. The sign was red and when they got there, the sign flips around and it was now green. Dora and the others looked both ways and crossed safely.
Not long after that, Dora and Boots make it through the nut farm with Tico and his cousins. Boots gives Tico and his cousins each a baby banana. The squirrels leave and now Dora and Boots have to figure out where to go next. They check Map one more time. Map tells the viewer that so far Dora and Boots made it through the spooky forest and the nut farm. A red checkmark is placed by the two places. The blue cursor clicks on Dora's house just after the path traced up to it. Map tells the viewer to tell Boots that they have to go to Dora's house, and the viewer did so. Dora and Boots got going and in no time, they make it to Dora's house and head inside. Dora's family was there. There was Diego and his sister Alicia. Dora's aunt and uncle and her Abuela were there too. She comes by with baby buttons. Soon after, Dora and Boots enter the baby's room. Dora and Boots were excited. They wanted to know if it was a baby boy or baby girl. When Dora and Boots go for a closer look, they realized it wasn't just a baby boy nor a baby girl, it was both! They were twins. She does not just have one, but two babies! Their names are not confirmed yet. Dora's baby brother and baby sister smile at Dora, then Boots introduces himself to them. Suddenly, the babies yawn. Dora holds the baby boy while Boots hold the baby girl. Dora and her parents parents sing a Spanish lullaby to the babies as Dora and Boots rock the babies to sleep. After that, the babies fall asleep. Dora and Boots give Dora's parents the babies to hold as they leave the room.
Places in this episode
- Benny's Go-Cart
Listen to the Sounds (during the Backpack Segment; Items clockwise starting from the top right)
- Whistle behind the circle
- Siren behind the square
- Bongo drums behind the rectangle
- Dora's phone behind the triangle (correct item)
- Trumpets behind the rhombus
- Dora's phone doesn't make a ringing noise like most other phones, it instead makes a beeping noise.
- Dora didn't get just a brother or a sister, but both.
- This is where Alicia make her first appearance.
- This is also Perrito's first appearance.
- This means that this episode is apparently produced after Dora's Got a Puppy, in which Dora and Boots bring a present to him.
- Baby Jaguar, Daisy, and Swiper don't appear in this episode.
- This episode introduces Dora's twin baby brother and sister.
- The babies' names were not confirmed and remained that way until the season 5 episode Dora's Jack-in-the-Box where she reveals the babies' names, Guillermo and Isabella.
- This is the 84th episode of the show.
- Dora and Boots don't sing the Travel Song in this episode, they instead sing Big Sister.
- Dora and Boots have the same favorite part of the trip, which is "The babies, the babies, the babies!".
- This is the first episode featuring Isabella and Guillermo as regular babies. This will happen again in Catch the Babies.
- Just like with Dora's Fairytale Adventure, this episode was adapted as a book before it aired on TV.
- This is the second time that the Spooky Forest was a location, first being Pablo's Flute.
- This is the last episode to find Benny.
- The babies’ blanket looks similar to Boots’ blanket that he lost in the episode "The Lost City".
- This is the second episode where Backpack plays a listening game with her items and the viewer has to guess where the item is hiding behind. The first time it happened was in Dora Saves the Game.
- It is unknown how the Fiesta Trio got to Dora's House when they played their extended fanfare.
- When Dora and Boots were looking for the Nut Farm, the Tallest Mountain makes a cameo appearance on the second path.
- This episode aired on TV and then was released on VHS and DVD the next day.
- This episode premiered at 1:30pm eastern time. Additionally, to promote the premiere of this episode, Nick Jr. aired a Dora the Explorer marathon with this being the last episode to air.
- The star pocket is seen on Backpack during the "backpack" segment and when putting Benny's go-kart together, despite the star-catching segment being abandoned as of this season. However, it will return once more in Best Friends. As of Dora Saves the Mermaids, the star pocket will no longer be shown.
- It is unknown why Dora, Boots, and Benny did not use tools for the go-cart. In real life, one would need tools to fix any vehicles, because without them, things can easily fall off. (Although it does not apply here due to cartoon logic.)
- It is unknown why Baby Jaguar and Daisy did not show up at Dora's House for the babies' arrival.
- Dora and Boots are always saying "A baby, a baby, a baby!" throughout the whole episode. This is because they were very excited about the new baby.
|Dora the Explorer Season 4|
|Dora's Fairytale Adventure | Daisy, La Quinceañera | Star Catcher | La Maestra de Música | The Shy Rainbow | Swiper the Explorer | Star Mountain | Big Sister Dora | Super Babies | Catch the Babies | Dora's Got a Puppy | We're a Team! | Super Spies 2: The Swiping Machine | Dora and Diego to the Rescue! | A Crown for King Juan el Bobo | The Mixed-Up Seasons | Best Friends | Dora's Dance to the Rescue | Save Diego! | Dora's First Trip | Baby Jaguar's Roar | Dora's World Adventure! | Boots to the Rescue | Baby Crab | Dora Saves the Mermaids|