|Airdate||Thursday, October 23, 2003|
|Written by||Chris Gifford|
|Next||Boots' Special Day|
- Fiesta Trio
- Grumpy Old Troll
- Baby Blue-bird
- Baby Jaguar
- Baseball Star (debut)
Boots wants to have his first big hit, so Dora and Boots need to go to the baseball stadium to see if he can really be good.
Dora and Boots are in their baseball outfits because they were going to be playing in a baseball game. Boots proved that he can throw a baseball and catch a baseball. But he had a tough time trying to hit the baseball. Boots sings a song about he can do at every baseball game and includes that he never hit a baseball. Boots thinks that even he was doing to hit the baseball later in the baseball game, the whole crowd would cheer for him. Boots practiced and practiced and was going to give it his all. Boots tells Dora that he really wants to hit the baseball and Dora replies to him. Dora and Boots had to get going to the baseball game. They ask Map for the quickest route. Map tells Dora and Boots to go over the troll bridge, go across Pitcher's Pond to get to the baseball game. He also mentions that there will be star catching.
Dora and Boots got going and then they stop; Because Swiper was nearby. They didn't see Swiper all they saw was a giant hot dog but it wasn't just a hot dog. Somebody was in the hot dog suit. Dora and Boots saw that Swiper the fox was in the hot dog suit. They had to stop Swiper 3 times by saying "Swiper no swiping". They did so and Swiper falls down backwards and rolls away. After stopping Swiper, they put their baseball equipment in Backpack for safe keeping. After that, they see the troll bridge. Grumpy Old Troll tells Dora and Boots that they can't go over his bridge because he wants to see if Boots can catch all the baseballs that the troll can hit. Grumpy Old Troll says that he likes playing baseball and baseball is great. He then says "to get over the bridge, you need to catch 8. Boots was a great catcher. Boots catches the baseballs and the viewer catches the last baseball. Dora and Boots had to double-check to be sure they caught all 8 baseballs. Sure enough, they caught 8 and all the baseballs made an 8. Grumpy Old Troll was impressed and will now let Dora and Boots go over his bridge. Mr. Troll says another rhyme which was: "I'm the grumpy old troll. Yes indeed, that's my name. But I wish you good luck in your baseball game". Dora and Boots thank Mr. Troll and got going over the troll bridge.
After going over the troll bridge, Dora and Boots picked up speed. As they picked up speed, they heard stars. They even saw a star that looked like a baseball. Dora and Boots jumped to catch the stars as they continued running. The stars go into the star pocket. After that, Dora and Boots reach Pitcher's Pond. When they got there, they saw a boat shaped like a big baseball. Dora and Boots put their life jackets on and hopped onto the baseball-shaped boat. Suddenly, they saw a gate. A turtle pops up and tells them: "To open the gate, pitch a baseball in the air but make sure you pitch it at the red square". Dora and Boots had to find a baseball. They decided to call on Baseball Star from the star pocket. He comes out and is ready for action. The viewer shows Baseball Star where the red square was. Baseball Star hits the red square on the gate and it opens. Suddenly, Dora and Boots find another gate. The turtle pops up and says: "You opened the first gate. Nice pitch. Good for you. Now, help your star ball find the square that is blue". Dora and Boots had to find the blue square. The viewer finds it and Baseball Star hits the blue square on the gate. Then, it opens. Dora and Boots go through. Dora and Boots had one more gate to pass through. The turtle pops up one last time to say: "to open this gate, find the green square. But you better look fast, because here's comes a bear". Dora and Boots look behind themselves and saw the bear coming towards them. The viewer acted fast by telling Baseball Star that the green square was in the middle. Baseball Star hits the green square and the gate opens. Dora and Boots pass the gate but they have to be sure the bear doesn't go past it. They shout "cierra" to get the gate to close. The gate closes and the bear can't chase after Dora and Boots. Dora and Boots made it across Pitcher's Pond. They were getting close to the baseball game.
Boots realized they needed their baseball equipment which was the baseball, the bat and their baseball mitts. They look in Backpack. Backpack had all of Dora and Boots' baseball equipment. The viewer gets them out and Backpack wishes them good luck in the baseball game. Each baseball equipment came towards them one at a time. As Boots catches his baseball mitt, he catches the baseball too. Dora and Boots enter the baseball stadium. They meet up with Benny, Isa, Tico, Baby Blue-bird, Diego, Baby Jaguar and Dora's father as their team coach. Diego was worried that Dora and Boots weren't going to make it but Dora and Boots are here and ready for action. Dora's father comes along. Dora tells her father that Boots is going to hit the baseball later. Boots tells Mr. Márquez that he has been practicing real hard. The baseball announcer tells the crowd that it was Boots' turn to try to hit the ball. Dora's father tells Boots that it was his turn to bat. Boots thinks that if he hits the baseball, his team wins. The baseball announcer tells the crowd that the dinosaur team is changing pitchers. Replacing Little Pete was Big Mike. Benny tells the team that Big Mike throws the baseball really fast. Boots had to switch his baseball hat to a baseball helmet. Dora and Boots do a special handshake called the hammer hit. Dora hits Boots' fist while Boots hits Dora's fist. Boots' was up to bat.
Big Mike taunts to Boots that he'll never get a hit when he throws the baseball. Big Mike pitches the baseball and Boots misses. Big Mike pitches a 2nd time and Boots misses again. Big Mike knew Boots missed twice and knew he couldn't hit the ball. Dora tells Boots not to listen to Big Mike and says that he can prove him wrong. Boots really had to get ready for the baseball this time because he has 2 strikes. If he misses this time, he will be out! So the viewer yells out the Spanish word for "ball" to Boots for encouragement. Boots finally hits the ball. The baseball announcer was impressed. The baseball goes over the fence. It was a home run for Boots' team. They won the baseball game and everyone was happy for Boots.
Places in this episode
- Dora, Boots and their friends are in baseball apparel with a shirt, pants and hats to boot.
- Map is also seen wearing a baseball cap in this episode.
- Grumpy Old Troll was seen for the 9th time. This is also Dora and Boots' 8th time over the troll bridge.
- This is the second episode in which Grumpy Old Troll gives an instruction instead of a riddle, first being To the Monkey Bars.
- This is Diego and Baby Jaguar's 3rd appearance.
- Dora's father is the baseball coach.
- Dora and Boots hit each other's knuckles and give a high-five.
- This is the 65th episode of the show.
- This episode's title could be based on the Looney Tunes cartoon entitled "Baseball Bugs".
- This episode premiered exactly 3 years after "Fish Out of Water" premiered.
- Dora and Boots don't sing the Travel Song in this episode, they just run to all the places they're going right away.
- Dora doesn't ask the viewer "what was your favorite part of the trip", all she says is "what was your favorite part".
- Dora doesn't say how many stars her and Boots caught at the end of the episode, instead Boots says it.
- After Grumpy Old Troll sings I'm the Grumpy Old Troll song, he doesn't say "solve my riddle" after that since he doesn't give out a riddle in this episode.
- After passing destinations, the Fiesta Trio play a baseball-themed fanfare rather than their usual one. And they also yell “Charge!”.
- They do not play their extended fanfare to begin the "We Did It!" song.
- When Dora and Boots are almost finished singing We Did It!, Boots doesn’t say "Hooray!", instead, Baby Jaguar says it.
- When Boots says "Awesome!", the audio is taken from Te Amo.
- This is the first episode where Gabriel Alvarez voices Diego, although his voice is similar to that of brothers Andres and Felipe Dieppa. He will return in Dora's Pirate Adventure. It is possible that the episodes where Andres and Felipe Dieppa voiced Diego were produced before the ones featuring his Season 4 voice.
- There is a song featured in the Dora the Explorer album called, "Baseball, Baseball, Fun in the Sun!", but it does not appear in this episode. It is possible that the song was intended for this episode but was cut from the actual episode. However, if they did sing that song, it would most likely replace the Travel Song, or even be sung at the Baseball Game.
Number of stars
|Dora the Explorer Season 3|
|Dora Had a Little Lamb | Star Catcher | Meet Diego! | Stuck Truck | Roberto the Robot | The Big Potato | Rescue, Rescue, Rescue! | Save the Puppies! | ¡Por Favor! | What Happens Next? | The Fix-it Machine | Baby Dino | Baseball Boots | Boots' Special Day | To the South Pole | Journey to the Purple Planet | Boo! | Dora Saves the Game | Dora's Pirate Adventure | The Super Silly Fiesta | Boots' Cuddly Dinosaur | Job Day | Louder! | ABC Animals|