Valerie "Abuela" Marquez is the lovely grandmother of Dora, Guillermo, Isabella, Alicia, Daisy and Diego. She is the mother of Miguel and Nico and the mother-in-law of Elena and Melanie. She was voiced by Socorro Santiago until Season 5, and currently by K.J. Sanchez. She is 74 years old and was born in 1926.
- Elena, Melanie (Daughters-in-Law
- Miguel (Older Son)
- Nico (Younger Son)
- Dora, Isabella, Alicia, Daisy (Granddaughters)
- Guillermo, Diego (Grandsons)
Abuela has gray hair, has peach skin and wears a yellow dress. Her eyes are brown with black pupils and is seen wearing pink slippers. Her natural hair color is brown.
Abuela is a recurring character and has appeared in some episodes of Dora the Explorer. Her first appearance was "Grandma's House".
- In Dora and Friends: Into the City!, Abuela is shown to have moved from the Rainforest to the city of Playa Verde.
- Abuéla is the spanish word for grandmother.