Abuela (or Abuelita Valerie in Dora and the Lost City of Gold), is the grandmother of Dora, Guillermo, Isabella, Alicia, Daisy, and Diego. It’s unknown if she’s the mother of Mami, Papi, Diego's mother or Diego's father. She was voiced by Antonia Rey until Season 5, and currently by Karen June Sanchez.
Abuela has gray hair, has peach skin and wears a yellow dress. Her eyes are brown with black pupils and is seen wearing pink slippers. Her natural hair color is brown.
Abuela is a kind and caring grandmother. She‘s really good at cooking chocolate cake. She would often give Dora gifts, as she gave her a star pocket in "Star Catcher".
Dora and the Lost City of Gold
- Main article: Dora and the Lost City of Gold
Abuela is a recurring character and has appeared in some episodes of Dora the Explorer. Her first appearance was "Grandma's House".
- It's possible that she is Mami's mother due to having similar hairstyles. This might lead to passing it down to her granddaughter Dora.
- In Dora and Friends: Into the City!, Abuela is shown to have moved from the Rainforest to the city of Playa Verde.
- Abuela can be seen as a young girl in episode The Chocolate Tree, Star Catcher, and Riding the Roller Coaster Rocks.
- Abuéla is the Spanish word for grandma or grandmother.
Main Márquez family
|Dora | Diego | Alicia | Mami | Papi | Abuela | Guillermo | Isabella|
|Swiper | Grumpy Old Troll | Bobo Brothers | Alejandro|
|Backpack | Map | Rescue Pack | Click|
|Boots | Tico | Benny | Isa | Big Red Chicken | Señor Tucán | Fiesta Trio | Baby Jaguar|
|Pablo | Alana | Emma | Kate | Naiya | Sammy | Randy|