|A Crown for King Juan el Bobo|
|Airdate||Monday, October 3, 2005 (Nick Jr.)|
Tuesday, April 3, 2007 (DVD)
|Written by||Eric Weiner|
|Previous||Dora and Diego to the Rescue!|
|Next||The Mixed-Up Seasons|
- Fiesta Trio
- King Juan el Bobo
- King's Mommy
- King's Daddy (mentioned)
- Turkeys (debut)
The silly and forgetful King Juan el Bobo has misplaced his crown, so Dora and Boots must help him find it so he can wear it to his mother's birthday party.
King Juan el Bobo is getting dressed for his mom's birthday party and invites the viewer to come along. The King's mommy reminds him to wear his crown to her party. He promises to her that he won’t forget. He always wear a crown on his head. Dora and Boots noticed that he is not wearing his crown. Instead, he is wearing a boot on his head. A boot goes on his feet, so it gets put back on his foot. A king wears a crown on its head. The King forgot where he put his crown and has to wear it for his mom's birthday party and it’s almost time. Dora and Boots calm him down and decide to help him find it. The problem is that they don't know where he misplaced his crown, so they ask Map for assistance. He says that King Juan el Bobo's crown is at the swing. But before they can get there, they must run pass the fountain and go through the turkey garden. After memorizing the places, Map tells the viewer to tell Dora that they have to go to the fountain. King Juan el Bobo doesn't see it. Dora pulls on the cord to open the curtain and King Juan el Bobo still doesn't see it. But when the fountain started spraying, he can see it now. Dora, Boots and King Juan el Bobo got going. Dora and Boots go together while King Juan el Bobo goes in a different direction. Dora and Boots lead King Juan el Bobo in the right direction to the door. It has 5 red circles. The door was locked. King Juan el Bobo tells Dora and Boots that they have to count from 1-5. He counts wrong by saying "3, 2, 5, 1, 4, banana!". But, Dora and Boots count to 5 correctly and the door opens. As they got out, they had to cross a bridge but there were crocodiles in the water. King Juan el Bobo gets scared of the crocodiles. Dora knew what to do to scare the crocodiles. Dora decides to snap back at the crocodiles. Boots & King Juan el Bobo try it as well and it worked. Dora, Boots & King Juan el Bobo get pass the crocodiles and across the bridge. Soon after, they approach the fountain. King Juan el Bobo sits down the fountain and gets a spray of water on his bottom. Dora and Boots have to tell him to run past the fountain to prevented themselves from getting splashed by saying "corran". But King Juan el Bobo didn't know what to do when someone says "corran". He thought he had to hop or fly. The viewer tells King Juan el Bobo that "corran" means run. He did so with Dora & Boots. Soon after, a little spray of water splashes on top of King Juan el Bobo. Dora & Boots check Map to figure out where to go next. Map gives a check mark by the fountain. The path traces to Turkey Garden. Map tells the viewer who tells Dora to go to Turkey Garden. They go to a gate that leads to the garden. The gate is locked. King Juan el Bobo tells Dora and Boots that his father built it to help learn his shapes. To open the gate, he has to stand on the triangle. He warns them that if they stand on the wrong shape, they'll get whooshed into the tree. King Juan el Bobo is about to stand on the triangle, but he doesn't. He stood on the circle and gets whooshed into the tree. Dora & Boots had to get a really long ladder from Backpack. Backpack had 3 ladders of different sizes. One had 3 rungs, one had 5 rungs, and one had 7 rungs. The viewer finds the longest ladder that had 7 rungs. After getting it out, Dora & Boots put the ladder into place and King Juan el Bobo climbed down to the ground. After that, he tries again, but this time he stands on the triangle which caused the gate to open. Dora, Boots & King Juan el Bobo enter Turkey Garden. King Juan el Bobo takes a sniff at the flowers. Suddenly, three turkeys pop their heads up. King Juan el Bobo gets scared and tells Dora & Boots that turkeys like to chase him. They had to find a safe path to take to stay away from the turkeys. The red and blue paths had turkeys but the yellow path had a cat. They take the yellow path. After that, Dora, Boots & King Juan el Bobo had a problem, all 3 paths had turkeys. King Juan el Bobo tells Dora & Boots that there was a silly word that makes the turkeys laugh. It was so silly that makes him laugh. As soon as he stops laughing, he is ready to reveal the silly word. He says the silly word is "bananapants", which made Dora and Boots laughed so hard and though it was hilarious. After they calmed down, they say it to the turkeys and they laughed so much that the turkeys let Dora, Boots & King Juan el Bobo through. Dora, Boots & King Juan el Bobo make it through Turkey Garden. They check Map once more to figure out where to go now. Map gives a check mark on the fountain and Turkey Garden. The path traces to the swing. Map tells the viewer to tell Dora that they had to go to the swing. Once they got there, King Juan el Bobo sits on the swing and goes back and forth. Dora asks King Juan el Bobo if he was missing something. King Juan el Bobo was missing something important that he has to look for. He thinks the viewer says it was a clown or a gown. But the viewer tells King Juan el Bobo that he needs to find his crown. The viewer finds the crown and King Juan el Bobo puts it on. Suddenly, Dora, Boots & King Juan el Bobo hear Swiper the fox. King Juan el Bobo forgot how to stop Swiper. He says some silly things but the viewer tells him it was "Swiper no swiping". He says it with Dora & Boots. After that, King Juan el Bobo says something silly to Swiper and he laughs and runs away. King Juan el Bobo got his crown and has to hurry back home for his mom's birthday party. But, he needed help getting back. Dora, Boots and King Juan el Bobo say "bananapants" to the turkeys, stepped on the triangle to open the gate, ran past the fountain, snapped at the crocodiles as they crossed the bridge and counted to 5 to open the door. In no time, King Juan el Bobo made it back just in time for his mom's birthday party with help from Dora, Boots and the viewer. King Juan el Bobo thanks Dora & Boots for helping him find his crown. And he thanked the viewer at home too.
Places in this episode
- Castle Door
- Castle Bridge (above a river infested with crocodiles)
- Gate to the Turkey Garden
- When Dora, Boots and King Juan el Bobo are trying to go through the Turkey Garden, they hit a dead end when they find turkeys on all the trails which means they can't take any of the paths but when they show off saying bananapants, the turkeys let them go through their garden but they had to take one of the paths to get out so it probably doesn't matter what path they take because they technically go out the same way.
- This episode reveals that King Juan el Bobo and the King's Mommy are in fact real. They previously made their first appearances in the episode "What Happens Next?", but they only made that appearance inside Dora and Boots' minds rather than in real life.
- Additionally, this is the first episode where Dora and Boots mention King Juan el Bobo by his full name. In What Happens Next?, he was referred to as just "King".
- Dora, Boots, and King Juan el Bobo don't sing the Travel Song in this episode, they instead sing Snap, Snap, Snap.
- Benny, Tico, and Isa do not appear in this episode at all.
- This episode premiered the same day as Bug Love.
- This is the only episode where King Juan el Bobo travels with Dora and Boots.
- This is the 16th instance in which Dora and Boots return to where they started after reaching the final place on the map, something that also occurred in "Three Little Piggies", "Berry Hunt", "The Chocolate Tree", "El Día De Las Madres", "Click!", "A Present for Santa", "School Pet", "Save the Puppies!", "What Happens Next?" "Journey to the Purple Planet", "Dora's Pirate Adventure", "Boots' Cuddly Dinosaur", "Dora's Fairytale Adventure", "Star Mountain", and "Super Babies".
- Cheech Marin is a guest voice actor for King Juan el Bobo.
- This episode and The Shy Rainbow are the first two episodes not released on VHS (excluding any DVD bonus episodes).
- When Dora, Boots, and King Juan el Bobo stop Swiper from swiping the crown, Swiper jumped up in the air as they say "Swiper, No Swiping" the third time, so he could have easily just swiped the crown, but he's too late anyway.
- When Dora, Boots, and King Juan el Bobo are at the Turkey Garden, the Blue Cursor disappears for a split second when it clicks on the yellow path. This also occurs when Dora asks the viewer if he/she sees the Swing. The Blue Cursor disappeared for a split second when it clicks on the Swing.
- iTunes list this episode as "A Crown for King BoBo". The words "Juan" and "el" are left out and the second B is capitalized.
- It is unknown how Backpack can carry giant ladders. In real life, backpacks can’t carry extremely oversized objects (although here it doesn’t apply due to cartoon logic).
|Dora the Explorer Season 4|
|Dora's Fairytale Adventure | Daisy, La Quinceañera | Star Catcher | La Maestra de Música | The Shy Rainbow | Swiper the Explorer | Star Mountain | Big Sister Dora | Super Babies | Catch the Babies | Dora's Got a Puppy | We're a Team! | Super Spies 2: The Swiping Machine | Dora & Diego to the Rescue | A Crown for King Juan el Bobo | The Mixed-Up Seasons | Best Friends | Dora's Dance to the Rescue | Save Diego | Dora's First Trip | Baby Jaguar's Roar | Dora's World Adventure! | Boots to the Rescue | Baby Crab | Dora Saves the Mermaids|