|Airdate||Wednesday, October 15, 2003|
|Episode||Earlier Airings: 9
Current Airings: 8
|Previous||Save the Puppies!|
|Next||What Happens Next?|
¡Por Favor! (translated in English as Please!) is the 8th episode (9th in earlier airings) of Dora the Explorer from Season 3.
- Fiesta Trio
- King Kinkajou
- Sliparooni Star
- Yellow Star
- Red Star
- Orange Star
- Spectacled Owl
Dora and Boots read a fairytale about a young kinkajou who is about to take his rightful place as the king for his 10th birthday. But the royal crown is magic and he can't get the crown down, so they must help him learn the magic words, "Por favor", to get it to come down. Unfortunately, from another kingdom, Sir Swiper is planning to swipe the crown so he can become Kinb, so they have to hurry before Sir Swiper swipes it. Can they do it?
Dora and Boots were about to read a story about a kinkajou and a magic crown. Boots really wants to hear it when he yelled "read me the fairytale!" twice and then a face appears on the book saying "what's the magic word?" Dora and Boots both say "Please" and the book says "...en Español?". Dora and Boots had to use the Spanish word for please which was "por favor". They tried saying it and it worked. Dora reads the fairytale. It all starts with Kinkajou coming out of his royal fairytale castle. He was kind and brave and everybody loved him including the dragon. A fanfare plays. Dora continues reading. The story continues where Kinkajou celebrates his 10th birthday and everybody came to the castle to watch him take the royal crown. The Fiesta Trio bring the royal crown to Kinkajou which was in a clear plastic container. But when Kinkajou tried to put on the royal crown, it shot itself up and it was out of the Kinkajou's reach. Kinkajou tried to jump up as high as he could to reach it while telling the royal crown to come down. He even tried yelling the Spanish word for "down" which was "abajo". Unfortunately, none of them worked, because it wasn't just an ordinary crown, it was a magic royal crown and will only come down if it hears the Spanish word "por favor". Kinkajou didn't know it and couldn't get his royal crown to come down. Kinkajou felt upset and everybody left with sadness. Meanwhile, in another kingdom lived a naughty fox named Sir Swiper who wanted to be king and so he set off to swipe the royal crown for himself. Dora and Boots decide to help Kinkajou by telling him that the magic words are "por favor", so they jump into the fairytale book. Now, they just have to find the quickest route to Kinkajou's castle. They check Map for help. He says that they have to go through the dragon's forest, over the drawbridge to get to Kinkajou's castle. He also mentions that not only they can catch stars along the way, but he also tells them to watch out for Sir Swiper. Dora and Boots get going and decided to practice using the magic words "por favor". Suddenly, an owl calls out for help and uses the word "por favor". Dora and Boots asked the Owl what is wrong. The Owl said that he got himself stuck in the net. They tried pulling on the net but it didn't work. So, they need something to cut the net. Dora checks Backpack for a cutting tool to cut the net. Backpack had a pair of scissors which was a tool used for cutting. Dora gets it out and with a snip-snip-snip, Owl was free at last and thanks them and some words of advice to Dora and Boots. He says: "On your trip, there's a lot in store, just remember to say por favor". Dora and Boots take Owl's advice and they get going.
They find a gate to the dragon's forest. Boots tries to pull open the gate, but it did not work. So, Dora and Boots say "open, por favor" and it worked. Suddenly, they hear a trumpet sound. Sir Swiper is coming by. Dora and Boots quickly run through the gate to the dragon's forest and have to close it. Dora and Boots say "close, por favor". The gate closes in front of Sir Swiper and he snaps his fingers and goes away. Now, Dora and Boots get going. After a long walk, Boots wonders why it is called the "dragon’s" forest because he does not see a dragon anywhere, neither does Dora. The viewer tells them that he/she sees a dragon. The dragon roars so loud that it was hard for Dora and Boots to hear each other. They cover their ears and tell the dragon "quiet, por favor". The dragon stops roaring and apologizes. She mentions that sometimes her roaring is too loud. Dragon then asks Dora and Boots what they were doing in her forest. They explain to her that they have to go through her forest to get to Kinkajou's castle. Dragon says she loves Kinkajou. She offers Dora and Boots a ride on her back. Dora and Boots hop on the dragon's back. Then, she flaps her wings and starts flying up into the sky. Soon after, they hear stars. They even saw an explorer star named Sliparooni. Dora and Boots catch the stars and put them into the star pocket. After that, the dragon takes Dora and Boots through the dragon's forest and they slide down on her tail back to solid ground. Dora and Boots thank the dragon for the ride.
And then, they got going to the drawbridge. Once they got there, they almost go overboard and saw crocodiles in the moat. Dora and Boots have to go across the drawbridge. Boots tells Drawbridge "Down, please". The drawbridge says "¿Como?". Dora tells Boots that Drawbridge speaks Spanish. So they not only had to "Abajo", but they also have to use the magic words after that. Dora and Boots tell the viewer to say "Abajo, por favor". The viewer did so. Drawbridge tried to lower its floor, but the chains got stiff and rusty. Dora and Boots needed a way to loosen the chains. Luckily, Sliparooni comes out of the star pocket. He adds soap and water to loosen the chains, so they don't get stiff and rusty. Once the chains were loosened, the Drawbridge can now lower its floor. Dora and Boots thank Sliparooni and then they immediately go across. Drawbridge raises its floor back up. Dora and Boots were getting close to Kinkajou's castle. They find it and got going again. Dora and Boots made it to Kinkajou's castle. Once there, they saw knights in shining armor blocking the castle door. Dora and Boots had to wake up the knights. They did so by saying "Wake up, por favor". Each knight woke up one at a time singing "Hola" and all the knights say "Hola" in unison. The knights move aside and open the castle door. Dora and Boots are going to see Kinkajou. The knights tell them: "His room is at the top of the stairs. Just look for the blue door". Dora and Boots listened carefully and entered Kinkajou's castle at once. One there, they see the blue door but no steps. Suddenly, there was a lion statue that says: "I am the lion of Wigamore. How many steps to the first floor?" Dora and Boots counted the invisible rectangles that lead to the first floor. They counted up to 9. "9 steps, por favor" says Dora to the lion statue and the lion statue made 9 steps appear. Dora and Boots climb up to the first floor. The lion statue says: "I am the lion of Wigamore. How many steps to the second floor?" Dora and Boots counted 7 invisible rectangles that lead to the second floor. "7 steps, por favor" says Dora to the lion statue. The lion statue makes 7 steps appear. In no time, Dora and Boots reach the blue door on the second floor. Kinkajou stares at his own window all sad until Dora and Boots come and tell him that they know the magic words to get his crown to come down. Kinkajou was glad that he is getting some help. However, Boots tells him that they have to hurry because Sir Swiper is coming. Kinkajou listened to Boots and he, Dora and Boots exited the castle. The fanfare plays. The people and the dragon return and hope that Kinkajou will ever get his royal crown down. "Time to crown the king, Hurry, Rapido!", the knights yelled. Kinkajou has to get his royal crown to come down. Dora and Boots have to tell Kinkajou the magic words to get his crown to come down and for Kinkajou to be king forevermore. Dora and Boots ask the viewer if he/she knows the magic words. The viewer tells them that magic words are "por favor". Kinkajou listened to Dora and Boots and realizes that he has to say more than "abajo". He says "abajo, por favor" and sure enough, the royal crown came down and landed on Kinkajou's head. Everyone cheered for King Kinkajou. Suddenly, Sir Swiper toots his trumpet and he is attempting to swipe the royal crown. The crowd gasps. Dora, Boots, Kinkajou and the crowd all say "Swiper no swiping" 3 times. Swiper snaps his fingers and he runs far, far away all the way back to his own kingdom. Kinkajou was now crowned king and it was all because he was taught the magic words, "por favor". Everyone cheers while confetti falls from the sky and Dora and Boots give King Kinkajou a hug.
Places in this episode
- Dragon's Forest
- Kinkajou's Castle
- Gate to Dragon's Forest
Items in Backpack (clockwise starting from the top right)
Note: All these items are in pairs
- Pair of scissors (correct item)
This episode can be found in Super Babies, as well as Nickelodeon: Let’s Learn Kindness (both on DVD).
- The title of this episode is the Spanish word that means "please".
- This episode basically teaches viewers how important it is to say "please" to ask someone with nice manners. To the Treehouse is another episode that teaches viewers about manners, as it shows the importance of saying "Thank you!".
- This is the fifth episode to have a Spanish title.
- This episode, tied with The Big Potato, Baby Dino, Dora's Pirate Adventure, and The Super Silly Fiesta, has the third most number of stars caught being 7.
- Dora and Boots only sing the Travel Song once but they don't say the places they're going and asking the question "where are we going", they instead sing about getting Kinkajou's crown back to him and asking a different question "what do we say". Also, when it was asked the fourth time, Dora says the question in Spanish which is "¿Como se dicen?".
- When Map says "Try and catch stars along the way!", the audio is taken from Meet Diego!.
- Swiper is called Sir Swiper in this episode and the book.
- It is unknown how (Sir) Swiper, the Fiesta Trio, and the Explorer Stars got into the fairytale book.
- Dora and Boots stop (Sir) Swiper the first time but they don't say "Swiper no swiping!" 3 times like usual, they instead close the gate to the Dragon's Forest by saying "Close, por favor" on him just so he can't get through which also makes him too late.
- This is the second episode in which Dora and Boots stop Swiper by closing a door on him. The first time it happened was in "Super Spies".
- Dora and Boots stop (Sir) Swiper twice in this episode.
- When the owl says "Help, por favor!", he sounds like Tico.
- Benny, Isa, and Tico don't appear in this episode.
- This episode premiered exactly 2 years after Call Me Mr. Riddles premiered.
- This is the first episode (excluding To the South Pole, which was shown on the Meet Diego! video before airing on TV) where Map sings the full version of the Season 3 onwards version of I'm The Map.
- He added verses such as "Who's the guy you need to know when you got a place to go?" and "Who can help you say 'Hey, I figured out the way!' ", followed by "What's my name?" and "Say it again!" with the Fiesta Trio saying "The Map!" after both questions.
- (Sir) Swiper's kingdom in this episode is Blueberry Hill with a blue castle behind it.
- This is the second episode where Dora and Boots count to 3 before jumping into a book. However it is the technically the third time, but the second time it occurred was where they jumped into a video game and not a book.
- (Sir) Swiper didn't make his whisking sound in this episode, he instead toots a trumpet.
- The scene where Dora and Boots are looking for the dragon and telling it to be quiet was presented during the 63rd Annual Peabody Awards that took place on May 17, 2004 where Dora the Explorer was confirmed as one of the winners. Following that was Chris Gifford (co-creator and executive producer of the show) giving out a speech to the audience.
- Map is seen wearing a medieval hat in this episode. However, he could've called himself "Sir Map" like in the season 7 (produced in season 6) episode Dora's Royal Rescue. (But was never mentioned)
- This is the first episode where a magnifying glass appeared during the Map segment.
- This is the 61st episode of the show (62nd in earlier airings)
- This is one of the four episodes that aired during Dora's Super Star Week (this episode played on March 15, 2007). The other three are Star Mountain (March 12 and 16), Little Star (March 13), and Star Catcher (March 14).
- iTunes lists this episode as "Por Favor!". The upside down exclamation mark is left out.
- Unlike other episodes, when Dora and Boots say "¡Por favor!" after the fourth "What do we say" (in place of "Where are we going"), the Fiesta Trio were walking with them but they remained silent during that part. This will happen again in The Super Silly Fiesta.
- It is unknown what (Sir) Swiper would swipe when he appeared the first time.
- During Sliparooni's mini game, the Blue Cursor is facing left instead of right.
Number of stars
|Dora the Explorer Season 3|
|Dora Had a Little Lamb | Meet Diego! | Stuck Truck | Roberto the Robot | The Big Potato | Rescue, Rescue, Rescue! | Save the Puppies! | ¡Por Favor! | What Happens Next? | The Fix-it Machine | Baby Dino | Baseball Boots | Boots' Special Day | To the South Pole | Journey to the Purple Planet | Boo! | Dora Saves the Game | Dora's Pirate Adventure | The Super Silly Fiesta | Boots' Cuddly Dinosaur | Job Day | Louder! | ABC Animals|